• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Hey, my cousin is on that golf cart taking Smith to the locker room.

Said cousin was a grad student assistant at FSU and got epically chewed out by Jimbo in front of the entire football team for messing up water bottles or something.

Not sure if I've ever mentioned that on CFB-GAF before.

Said cousin was a grad student assistant at FSU and got epically chewed out by Jimbo in front of the entire football team for messing up water bottles or something.

Not sure if I've ever mentioned that on CFB-GAF before.

Fuck Jimbo. Seriously. I used to love FSU until his dumbass came in. Well, plus the way FSU fucked over Bobbie Bowden.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Good job on that interception, Baylor. Instead of having the ball on your own 43 you now have it on your own 20.

They'll still score who am I kidding

MIMIC

Banned
We have to score a TD on this drive. And not a stupid FG. 20-17 is not a big enough lead. Zeke is definitely feelin himself now so I'd feed him the ball more this time around.

Speaking as a Georgia fan since 2007, this is one of the worst game sI've ever seen them play.

Worst of all time is Florida-UGA 2008. I will never forgive Urban Meyer and the entire team for that game. Fuck you, 2008 Florida Gators.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Wake is within 8 points with just over three minutes to go. They just scored a fg and are getting ready to kick it off.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

HeySeuss

Well that'll work too I guess. I still would just give it to Zeke until they can stop it. Which at this point in the game they can't.

Rice and SMU were in that conference with them. It was a "major conference" of a forgotten time.

As you imply by the "thing in the past" part, the campus life improvements are still quite new. It takes a while to create a real marketable fanbase. Don't know exact dates but a lot of their new on campus housing has only been around for a year or two. <=20 year olds aren't going to turn into a marketable fanbase for quite a long while, even given perfect conditions as far as win/loss record.

Also, don't fall for their talk about being a tier 1 research school. It's a mirage, they got tier 1 by the organization that evaluates solely on research dollars, not by the organization that every other school in the country actually cares about that evaluates on a bunch of other metrics.
Well yeah. But SWC wasn't a slouch for their time.

For the rest, their housing is mostly newer, yeah. But you have to start somewhere. I'm not saying they have the traditions of A&M or UT, but it's not like they're anywhere near the status of a community college like they might have been 20 years ago.

And yeah I know the tier one thing is mostly marketing. UCF is in the same research status by Carnegie but few would know it. I do commend them for making it a point. There aren't a lot of schools in that very high research status. 15% or so? Idk I'm drunk.

I feel there is a lot of support, they have a big endowment, and they have the benefit of being in a massive city. Their current president seems to have them on the right path much like UCF's came in 20 years ago to work on putting us on the map.

The announcer feels for Indiana?

Bitch, I spilled my drink cause I was pissed. Feel bad for me. I had to get my ass up and get a refill.

lol That Jimbo, always jimboing like that.

He hated Jimbo. He actually switched to volleyball in his second year at FSU because he had such a bad experience working for the football team.

Now, he's just kind of quietly terrified of Urban. My uncle is a bit of a chatterbox and when he finally got to meet Urban, he apparently was talking his ear off. My cousin was horribly embarrassed and completely mortified. Urban is every bit as humorless as advertised.

Top Bottom