• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

thefro

What a play to have a bad snap. God damn.

Ohio State lucky to walk away with the win in this one. Without one player's great effort they're fucked.

IU's starting QB was gimpy going to the game, got hurt. IU's starting RB who was leading the NCAA in rushing got hurt. IU's best WR Ricky Jones is hurt too, but played (he wasn't 100%).

They're lucky IU's starters weren't healthy.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Florida just needs to avoid turning the ball over 5 times and don't let them bounce the ball off some helmets for a TD.

Kacar

It matters in that we don't look that good which is concerning.

But still win out or lose 1 but still win B1G and we are likely in the playoff.

I'm trying to calm my heart and mind down give me something.

MIMIC

Banned
"Ohio State struggling, as well as Michigan State. Maybe Ole Miss can jump them both", says the Ole Miss commentator.

Ole Miss is losing 0-13 to Florida, but OK.

BTM

Holy fuck....Just terrible game management/play calling basically the entire game. We didn't deserve to win that shit. Why why why why do you pass on 3rd when you can get the clock down to 10 seconds by running it????

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Welp. Guess that's that for 2015. Good work losing this one Langsdorf.

He calls plays confirmed? That was the stupidest fucking play calling all game. Throwing the ball up 6 with a minute thirty on the clock, are you fucking kidding me? I am so pissed that I have to watch another 3 guaranteed losses this year... At least. :(

thefro

I forgot that IU's best D-Linemen (Darius Latham) is suspended too.

He would have probably stuffed at least one of those Elliott TD returns.

Jhriad

He calls plays confirmed? That was the stupidest fucking play calling all game. Throwing the ball up 6 with a minute thirty on the clock, are you fucking kidding me? I am so pissed that I have to watch another 3 guaranteed losses this year... At least. :(

My understanding was that Langsdorf calls the plays but Riley has input and final say if he wants to change something. I was fuming throughout the 3rd Quarter. You'd think that they'd run the damn ball when it's wet and windy as hell. It's not like Illinois hasn't shown weakness to certain facets of the run game tonight and in previous games. Good lord, just terrible playcalling. Eichorst and Perlman better hope this turns around in a hurry. All said, next year is probably the year the streak ends. You know which one I'm talking about.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

This season sucks

I was fuming throughout the 3rd Quarter. You'd think that they'd run the damn ball when it's wet and windy as hell. It's not like Illinois hasn't shown weakness to certain facets of the run game tonight and in previous games. Good lord, just terrible playcalling. Eichorst and Perlman better hope this turns around in a hurry. All said, next year is probably the year the streak ends. You know which one I'm talking about.

Well, for Perlman...he's already leaving.

BTM

I was fuming throughout the 3rd Quarter. You'd think that they'd run the damn ball when it's wet and windy as hell. It's not like Illinois hasn't shown weakness to certain facets of the run game tonight and in previous games. Good lord, just terrible playcalling. Eichorst and Perlman better hope this turns around in a hurry. All said, next year is probably the year the streak ends. You know which one I'm talking about.

If we run the ball more this isn't even a game. I really hope we can get it together, I can't take anymore of these kinds of games.

jjasper

Holy shit our Defense takes terrible angles on every play.

At least we blew the two TD lead in the first half this time. I guess that's progress.

IU should be able to beat Rutgers at home, as well as Maryland + Purdue on the road.
That's 7 wins right there.
At Penn St. is doable as well.......Penn St. can't score, barely got by Army today, despite being 25.5 favorites.
Iowa looks improved but IU has beaten Ferentz's Iowa teams a few times, and it's in Bloomington.
Michigan could be the real deal but the game's in Bloomington and I dont trust Jake Rudock, so IU ought to have a legit chance.
At Sparty is the only near certain loss, but as talented as Sparty is, they haven't covered a spread all year.

7 or 8 wins for IU this year would be pretty good.

Jhriad

I really hope we can get it together, I can't take anymore of these kinds of games.

Unfortunately, we don't have a bye week until week 11 so it's hard to do any major installs mid-season. Combined with the injury bug that means we're not going to see many changes throughout the season. We've been borderline in too many games for years, this year we're just falling on the other side of the win-loss column.

Top Bottom