• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

TadkV.gif
indeed...

Kicking a pointless field goal instead of letting time run out. Somebody knew about the -14.5.

Some folks near the top of the Yahoo leaderboard haven't made picks yet. This BYU game is one you've already missed. Don't miss others!

Edit: Missing picks from these folks, not including the people that haven't played after the first week.

Frustrated_Grunt's P Good Pick
Jhriad's Picks
GoldenEye 007 (#6 overall!)
Texas Seminole Exes (#5 overall!)
Haloid1177 (#3 overall!)

Game 1 down, 18 to go. Get your picks in.

Your picks wouldn't be late if we used Yah....

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So with the UNC cheating, Louisville prostitution thing and the 2 year adventures of Jameis Winston, I feel the ACC is becoming its own SEC.

We haven't seen its final form yet.....

Some folks near the top of the Yahoo leaderboard haven't made picks yet. This BYU game is one you've already missed. Don't miss others!

Edit: Missing picks from these folks, not including the people that haven't played after the first week.

Frustrated_Grunt's P Good Pick
Jhriad's Picks
GoldenEye 007 (#6 overall!)
Texas Seminole Exes (#5 overall!)
Haloid1177 (#3 overall!)
Ah shit it's been a crazy week and I thought I made them.

pxleyes

Banned
Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 82

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati NO COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) NO COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson COVER

Can ESPN stop using FPI please? Its some made up bullshit, there was some artcile i read that said if you bet this season based on fpi you would have lost your ass so far.

Can ESPN stop using FPI please? Its some made up bullshit, there was some artcile i read that said if you bet this season based on fpi you would have lost your ass so far.

I dont disagree with the concept of the FPI. Last year, 75% of the stronger FPI team won against their opponent or something stupid.

However, if you were a commentator, you should be banned for using it. Id expect you to be able to mount an argument as to why team a would beat team b, other than just they have a better FPI.

Subitai

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 72

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa NO COVER
tOSU (-20.5) v. Indiana COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) NO COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson NO COVER

ag-my001

Bill Connolly at SBNATION talked about it some one or two podcasts ago. Basically, he thinks it takes recent recruiting rankings as too big a chunk early in the season. As the season progresses, it should get rid of those big variances as the formula changes.

The formula is proprietary, so that is an assumption.

Sorry for not reminding people about the yahoo pick em. I guess this week has been crazy. At least you can get your picks in before each game.

JCX

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 76

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati LATE

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson COVER

ag-my001

Missing the early slate of games to help build a homecoming float. Be sure to post upset alerts for us poor souls trying to teach high schoolers how to use a hammer.

It's not as straight forward as you might think.

Man these early games aren't my jam today. All the good ones start at 3:30.

Of course, the one time I watch West-by-God Virginia, they'll end up sucking. : sigh :

Top Bottom