• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week One Thread: One True Champion(TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think he had possession, good call.

Lol at kickers this year.

Edit: Maybe, that angle looked more like he had it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well doy. That is what people are saying about Beamer.

I get it, but I'm not sure that VT as a football program will ever become what FSU has become. IF UVA ever gets their shit together to hire a guy that can coach AND recruit, then its nighty night VT. They haven't done too well at that so far.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I get it, but I'm not sure that VT as a football program will ever become what FSU has become. IF UVA ever gets their shit together to hire a guy that can coach AND recruit, then its nighty night VT. They haven't done too well at that so far.

They aren't shit with Beamer. The only chance they have at being good is getting rid of him. He will never bring them back. Ever. He keeps his boys around, just like Bobby did. They need a revamp. It might make them worse, it might make them better. But they need a change.

i'd say it's impossible these days. VT ceiling is conference champion level. they'll never be good enough to get in the playoff.

You can say that about 90% of teams though. There is nothing wrong with a conference championship being your realistic goal.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Fucking ESPN... VA Tech scores a TD and they flash an "Impact Player Tracker" stat screen up for Braxton Miller. :jnc

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I found bucknuticus!

COV6TZdUkAERyBE.png

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
i'd say it's impossible these days. VT ceiling is conference champion level. they'll never be good enough to get in the playoff.

There's a ton of football talent in the tidewater area of VA, Mike London gets a lot of it and then squanders it away. BEamer had been able to poach some of it, but he laid the blueprint that smaller programs had to do, get those under rated recruits, get them in the program and get them ready for their Jr-Sr years (or RS-Sophs at the earliest).

I agree that his name isn't bringing enough recruits to compete at a high level and they'll need to make a change. Domino just thinks thats a wrap for VT once Beamer is out, I'm not sure about that.

EDIT: And I'd be thrilled with an ACC football championship. Not sure how a UNC fan can shit on that as a goal.

Defense needs to go hit them in the mouth.. If you are going to blitz.. hit the shit out of Brewer then.. and Eli can't let his ass get juked by a fullback

There's a ton of football talent in the tidewater area of VA, Mike London gets a lot of it and then squanders it away. BEamer had been able to poach some of it, but he laid the blueprint that smaller programs had to do, get those under rated recruits, get them in the program and get them ready for their Jr-Sr years (or RS-Sophs at the earliest).

I agree that his name isn't bringing enough recruits to compete at a high level and they'll need to make a change. Domino just thinks thats a wrap for VT once Beamer is out, I'm not sure about that.

EDIT: And I'd be thrilled with an ACC football championship. Not sure how a UNC fan can shit on that as a goal.

Yup.. Oscar Smith and other schools should be flocking to VT.. Sweat should have been a Hokie and if Beamer can't get those players.. he needs to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom