• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Seven: Meet Texas, your 2015 National Champions

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
8QaSVDa.png

WEEK Seven PICK 'EMS
NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF PASSES ATTEMPTED BY BOTH TEAMS IN THE OREGON STATE v. WASHINGTON STATE GAME!

Remember, I'm representing the spread next to the team favored to win by the number of points in parentheses next to them. You decide if that team will win by more than that amount of points (i.e., they'll "cover" the spread) or whether you think they will either win by fewer than that amount of points or just outright lose (either of these would be a "no cover" scenario). If you have questions, ask!

Rules:

1. 1 Point for every COVER/NO COVER pick you make correctly.
2. The Person with the highest total that weeks gets 3 bonus points.
3. Ties to determine who gets the bonus points will be based upon predicting the total number of passes attempted by both teams in Oregon State v. Washington State (I'll call this the BONUS pick). For those who are tied, we'll look at this pick. Closest gets the bonus points.
4. If two people pick the same BONUS, then no one gets the bonus points. HOWEVER, if people are off from the BONUS by the same amount, but one went high and the other went low, then The Price is Right rules apply, and the person under the actual BONUS gets the bonus points.
Example: If the NUMBER OF PASSES ATTEMPTED in the game is actually 58, and one person guesses 50 and the other 66, then the person who guessed 50 gets the tiebreaker and the bonus points.​
5. If anyone correctly guesses the exact BONUS, they will receive 2 bonus points.

This Week's Games:

Predict the total number of passes attempted! NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF PASSES ATTEMPTED BY BOTH TEAMS IN THE OREGON STATE v. WASHINGTON STATE GAME!
Oregon State v. Washington State

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5)

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5)
BC v. Clemson (-17.5)
Florida v. LSU (-7.5)
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5)
PSU v. OSU (-16.5)

Here's an example FROM WEEK ONE as to how you should post your picks:

TPS Game
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan - BONUS - 56 Passes Attempted
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER

Here is what is being said with those picks:

TPS Game
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan - BONUS - 56 passes attempted | This pick is for MSU and WMU to attempt a combined 56 passes.
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER | This pick is for SoCar to beat UNC by 4 or more points.
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER | This pick is for TCU to beat Minnesota by 20 or more points
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER | This pick is for Florida to either beat NMSU by 36 or fewer points or to lose to NMSU.
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER | This pick is for Auburn to beat Louisville by 15 or more points.
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER | This pick is for Nebraska to beat BYU by 10 or more points.
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Notre Dame to either beat Texas by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Texas.
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Alabama to either beat Wisconsin by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Wisconsin.
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER | This pick is USC to beat Arkansas State by 34 or more points.
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER | This pick is for Stanford to either beat Northwestern by 12 or fewer points or to lose to Northwestern.
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER | This pick is for OSU to beat VA Tech by 18 or more points.

NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF PASSES ATTEMPTED BY BOTH TEAMS IN THE OREGON STATE v. WASHINGTON STATE GAME!
Oregon State v. Washington State 70

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky Cover

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis Cover
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas Cover
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern No Cover
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU Cover
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) No Cover
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) Cover
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) Cover
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) Cover
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) No Cover

Predict the total number of points scored! NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF PASSES ATTEMPTED BY BOTH TEAMS IN THE OREGON STATE v. WASHINGTON STATE GAME!
Oregon State v. Washington State 90

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky NO COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas NO COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) NO COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) NO COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) NO COVER

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Predict the total number of points scored!
Missed this earlier, but corrected it thanks to you.

But check the bolded to make sure your pick is correct.
Oregon State v. Washington State 38

Lunar15

Gameday at Ann Arbor? That's disappointing considering there's only one game with two undefeateds this week.

Predict the total number of passes attempted!
Oregon State v. Washington State - 70

Thursday

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU NO COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) NO COVER

Is Michigan seriously favored, or is that a mre special?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas
I think beating them that badly is definitely realistic but I have a really hard time picking ANY team to cover a spread that huge.

::edit::
Heck, despite how bad they are right now they've only lost by more than that once all season (59 point loss to Baylor last weekend).

Limedust

Sirpopopop said:
RUTGERS PLAYED HARD!

RUTGERS PLAYED GREAT!

RUTGERS WAS COACHED BRILLIANTLY!

YET ALL PEOPLE CAN FOCUS IS ON THE 4TH DOWN PLAY! IT WAS A GREAT CALL. THE COACH WAS TRICKED BY THE FACT THAT THE MARKER ON THE FIELD INDICATED THIRD DOWN! THE REFS ARE OUT TO GET RUTGERS! THEY ARE ON ESPN'S PAYROLL!

We've got to hang out during a televised Rutgers game, sometime.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Rumors of a prominent Florida player being suspended today. McElwain moved his press conference to 1:30 central today.

edit: Not really finding much, seems pretty flimsy. Looks like nothing at this point.

Draxal

Predict the total number of passes attempted!
Oregon State v. Washington State - 70

Thursday

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU NO COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) NO COVER

Is Michigan seriously favored, or is that a mre special?

Michgan's been crushing, while Sparty's limping (ton of injuries) and barely winning the easier games.

Gameday at Ann Arbor? That's disappointing considering there's only one game with two undefeateds this week.

You don't have the KHAKIMAN coaching you, Harbaugh is amazing tv.

reKon

Banned
I'm sick of the injuries that keep piling every week, ugh...

We've been pretty healthy in past seasons so it's a shame that this happens now when Michigan is playing at their best. Anyways...

BEAT MICHIGAN.

Silkworm

Gotta feed off the hate!

Florida has beaten by the spread so far this season, curious to see how we play at Death Valley.

I just hope these rumors on Grier are just that. Hurry up and get that presser done Coach McElwain so I can breath a sigh of relief. A little more than an hour to go...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
No clue on the legitimacy of this site: http://gridironnow.com/florida-to-suspend-starter/
Florida will announce at 2:30 p.m. Monday that redshirt freshman quarterback Will Grier will be suspended for the rest of the season.

A source told gridironnow.com that Grier’s suspension is for a violation of NCAA rules.

Florida normally holds a Monday news conference, but the new conference was moved back a few hours this week.

Florida (6-0), which has been one of the nation’s biggest surprises, plays at LSU (5-0) this Saturday in a battle of top-10 teams.

El_Chino

I've never drank this early in a work week, but it feels like a time for that to change.
What the the fuck?! So much for a good week.

Hahaha poor Seminoles, they haven't looked up to the Gators in two years but now they're reminded what it feels like.

El_Chino

Will to be suspended the rest of the season???!??!?!?!/

WHAT THE FUCK

Edit: Already posted

Still.

WHAT HTE FUCKKSDMFLAKSDJKFASKDFJLA;SDFASDF

Must be real if ESPN is reporting it

Tweet from @SportsCenter: https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/653626400176533504

BREAKING: Florida QB Will Grier has been suspended for the season for NCAA violations. (via ESPN and media reports) http://t.co/HpLhkfTJ8P

Fucking dunbass! I knew that 20pounds of muscle in one year was too good to be true!

Thankfully Harris isn't that bad but I'm worried about Harris' throwing decisions.

Silkworm

Fucking dunbass! I knew that 20pounds of muscle in one year was too good to be true!

Thankfully Harris isn't that bad but I'm worried about Harris' throwing decisions.

At least Florida got enough wins to be bowl eligible (unless there is even more fallout from this via NCAA violations). That was my main hope going into the season. Ah well. :-(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No.

Don't even think it's possible, but if it were, it'd be of the "Vacated Wins" side, meaning the losing teams stay losing, while Florida gets no Wins.

Haven't seen the NCAA use the Forfeit ruling in decades.

Top Bottom