• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Seven: Meet Texas, your 2015 National Champions

Silkworm

Woooo wouldn't be an exciting season without, well, some excitement!!

I mean I assume he was just stupid enough not to check with coaches. He knows there are tests so he couldn't have possibly thought he'd get away with it.

Dummy.

Definitely makes me more worried about LSU but I don't think it'll matter much against Georgia and that's the one we need. Defense can probably win that one for us single handedly. Lambert will take a beating from that DL and Michel isn't going anywhere.

Anyway, bye week before UGA is HUGE; hope Treon is out there right now throwing balls.

Will be nice to have a real option threat with Harris and Taylor; help take some pressure off the OL because they were overwhelmed against Mizzou.

Passing wise, you gotta believe Grier is the more polished passer but the farthest pass we made him throw this year was the 35 yard TD during Ole Miss. Treon is definitely good for the dinking and dunking we like to do to. When nothing's there, he can take off and get some yards.

Still, definitely a weird distraction we didn't need right now.

Operation #ProtectTreon starts now!

If only Treon was a bit taller... But he's done well enough in the past that hopefully he can help the offense the rest of this season. Hopefully the whole team will rally and come closer together in this difficult situation. Also I hope Treon develops a connection with McGee like Grier had. McGee can be a good pressure value since he's a nice big target with reliable hands and is good about heading up field after the catch. DRob is going to have to step it up even more so as will Powell, Goolsby and the rest of the receivers. Also O-line needs to keep improving and giving KT good holes to run through, since an effective run game can take a lot of pressure of Treon or any QB for that matter.

andycapps

This is easier to deal with, stupidity of a mo-ron. I refuse to watch that Chubb play again. Felt awful for the guy.

I feel the same way. I also knew that our season was over as soon as that happened. He was the only reliable thing on our team. Michel is a great back, but he's not a between the tackles back.

MrJames

I could see Harris coming in and handling the offense. Grier did nothing after the first quarter against Mizzou and has been inconsistent all year. Not sure Harris makes all those plays against Tennessee but I remember him having a better deep ball than Grier last year and in the Spring.

El_Chino

Woooo wouldn't be an exciting season without, well, some excitement!!

I mean I assume he was just stupid enough not to check with coaches. He knows there are tests so he couldn't have possibly thought he'd get away with it.

Dummy.

Definitely makes me more worried about LSU but I don't think it'll matter much against Georgia and that's the one we need. Defense can probably win that one for us single handedly. Lambert will take a beating from that DL and Michel isn't going anywhere.

Anyway, bye week before UGA is HUGE; hope Treon is out there right now throwing balls.

Will be nice to have a real option threat with Harris and Taylor; help take some pressure off the OL because they were overwhelmed against Mizzou.

Passing wise, you gotta believe Grier is the more polished passer but the farthest pass we made him throw this year was the 35 yard TD during Ole Miss. Treon is definitely good for the dinking and dunking we like to do to. When nothing's there, he can take off and get some yards.

Still, definitely a weird distraction we didn't need right now.

Operation #ProtectTreon starts now!
This is my biggest worry honestly.
UF appealing the length of the ban, not the ban itself.

I just wonder how long it really takes for it to leave his system.

I could see Harris coming in and handling the offense. Grier did nothing after the first quarter against Mizzou and has been inconsistent all year. Not sure Harris makes all those plays against Tennessee but I remember him having a better deep ball than Grier last year and in the Spring.

He was really shaping up to be something special after the first half of Tennessee to be honest.

Schlookum

Neo Member
Kentucky had a player a couple of years ago, Jeremy Jarmon, who was suspended for his entire senior year after taking an OTC diet pill. They appealed, he re-tested and came up clean, suspension upheld. The precedent has already been set for Grier.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I feel the same way. I also knew that our season was over as soon as that happened. He was the only reliable thing on our team. Michel is a great back, but he's not a between the tackles back.

It was the same with Prothro back in 2005. Shell of a season, even with only 2 losses. Of course, I kind of think all of those wins ended up Vacated. It's like combining Georgia and Florida together!

Lunar15

I don't feel weird about Harris. Grier looked better than Harris in a few key points, but not my much. The biggest miracle has been that our O-Line has done marginally better than we expected it to do.

I mean, the weirdest thing to me is that McElwain kept leaving Harris out of games, even when we were up by a lot of points and he needed to rest Grier.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lol have you seen the teams play?

Michigan's odds to win the national title have moved from 250-1 to 10-1. Vegas thinks UM is the #4 team in the county right now.

I think FSU is the #1 team in the county. Take that!

Pot is a banned substance. When is the last time Treon was tested?

Kusagari

I'm fine with Harris. Grier did look better and has a higher ceiling, but I have faith in Treon on the field.

I'm more worried about his dumbass being suspended for weed again.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we're halfway through the season right now and Tech has already matched their win total from last season with the toughest part of the schedule already behind us.

This week we play Kansas, which is as much of a gimme as there exists in college football, so to get bowl eligible we essentially just need one more win out of @Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, @West Virginia, Kansas State, and @Texas. I could see us winning any of those games and I could see us losing any of those games but overall I like how things have set up for us. 8 or 9 wins is by no means a gimme but it's now a very realistic possibility.

cdyhybrid

Predict the total number of passes attempted!
Oregon State v. Washington State 83

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) NO COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas NO COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) NO COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) COVER

Oregon State v. Washington State 92

Thursday
Auburn (-2.5) v. Kentucky COVER
UCLA v. Stanford (-7.5) NO COVER

Saturday
Mississippi (-9.5) v. Memphis NO COVER
Texas Tech (-34.5) v. Kansas COVER
Iowa (-6.5) v. Northwestern NO COVER
Alabama (-3.5) v. TAMU COVER
Michigan State v. Michigan (-6.5) NO COVER
BC v. Clemson (-17.5) NO COVER
Florida v. LSU (-7.5) COVER
USC v. Notre Dame (-9.5) COVER
PSU v. OSU (-16.5) COVER

cdyhybrid

Lindsey Thiry ‏@LindseyThiry 4m
Some #USC players are finding out via Twitter that Sarkisian is fired. Position coaches also have texted their players.

ag-my001

I wonder who USC goes after now. Herman? Chip? Sumlin?
I feel like Sumlin is off limits for a bit. He's got a bunch of years and money left on his contact, and I could see other schools wanting to wait one or two more years to see if it was all Johnny.

Velcro Fly

Wonder how long USC has known Sark has a drinking problem.

All kinds of anecdotes already out there about him allegedly smelling like booze here or being drunk during this game or whatever.

It's impossible for them not to have known or at least investigated. You are giving millions of dollars to someone and putting the prestige of your beloved NFL franchise college football program on the line

It feels like they enabled him as long as they thought he could deliver them wins and going back to the big time and then when he really couldn't keep it together and everyone caught wind of how bad he was they cut him loose.

reKon

Banned
I'd settle for a handful of healthy starters returning to the lineup.

That's what I'm hoping for because lord knows we need a healthy, prepared line up. I'm thinking that Coach D has been holding LJ Scott back the past few games to make sure he's ready to go - all according to plan...?

image.php

Are that many out? I don't keep up because you know...why would I keep up with MSU. Is that why you guys have been struggling to beat trashcan teams?

Yes, and it's kind of weird because injuries like this haven't been an issue in the past...

I wonder who USC goes after now. Herman? Chip? Sumlin?

I was looking at West Coast mid majors but the only one having a good season is Boise State and I don't think their guy would want to coach USC.

I mean the smart choice is a guy who has done well consistently at a second tier Power 5 school or a mid major. I'm not sure who fits that bill right now.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Did he show up drunk again today or something? How did it change from LoA to termination in one day?

I don't have inside info on this, but I would imagine that they took the 24 hours to hammer out the separation agreement.

As for the coaching search, we need to keep this train going and lock in Norm Chow. $10 million per year should do it.

I guess when Chip is fired at the end of the season he'll take the Saban approach and go to a rival school in the same conference as the school he left.

Top Bottom