• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Six Thread: Auburn is a Weird Place

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Where else would this ever happen:

WTfrqwO.jpg

WEEK SIX PICK 'EMS
NOTICE: STILL USING THE "TOTAL POINTS SCORED" METRIC FOR THE TIE BREAKER!

Remember, I'm representing the spread next to the team favored to win by the number of points in parentheses next to them. You decide if that team will win by more than that amount of points (i.e., they'll "cover" the spread) or whether you think they will either win by fewer than that amount of points or just outright lose (either of these would be a "no cover" scenario). If you have questions, ask!

Rules:

1. 1 Point for every COVER/NO COVER pick you make correctly.
2. The Person with the highest total that weeks gets 3 bonus points.
3. Ties to determine who gets the bonus points will be based upon predicting the total number of points stored in Washington State v. Oregon (I'll call this the TOTAL POINTS SCORED or TPS pick). For those who are tied, we'll look at this pick. Closest gets the bonus points.
4. If two people pick the same TPS, then no one gets the bonus points. HOWEVER, if people are off from the TPS by the same amount, but one went high and the other went low, then The Price is Right rules apply, and the person under the actual TPS gets the bonus points.
Example: If the TPS in the game is actually 58, and one person guesses 50 and the other 66, then the person who guessed 50 gets the tiebreaker and the bonus points.​
5. If anyone correctly guesses the exact TPS, they will receive 2 bonus points.

This Week's Games:

Predict the total number of points scored! NOTICE! WE'RE STILL USING THE TOTAL POINTS SCORED IN THE GAME BY BOTH TEAMS!
Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick:

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5)

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5)

Saturday
Indiana v. Penn State (-3.5)
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe
OU (-14.5) v. Texas
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5)
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5)
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5)
Boise State (-10.5) v. CSU
Miami v. FSU (-10.5)

Here's an example FROM WEEK ONE as to how you should post your picks:

TPS Game
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan - TPS - 56 points
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER

Here is what is being said with those picks:

TPS Game
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan - TPS - 56 points | This pick is for MSU and WMU to score a combined 56 points.
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER | This pick is for SoCar to beat UNC by 4 or more points.
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER | This pick is for TCU to beat Minnesota by 20 or more points
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER | This pick is for Florida to either beat NMSU by 36 or fewer points or to lose to NMSU.
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER | This pick is for Auburn to beat Louisville by 15 or more points.
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER | This pick is for Nebraska to beat BYU by 10 or more points.
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Notre Dame to either beat Texas by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Texas.
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Alabama to either beat Wisconsin by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Wisconsin.
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER | This pick is USC to beat Arkansas State by 34 or more points.
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER | This pick is for Stanford to either beat Northwestern by 12 or fewer points or to lose to Northwestern.
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER | This pick is for OSU to beat VA Tech by 18 or more points.
Hopefully this is less confusing.

Predict the total number of points scored! NOTICE! WE'RE STILL USING THE TOTAL POINTS SCORED IN THE GAME BY BOTH TEAMS!
Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 48 points

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5) COVER

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5) NO COVER

Saturday
Indiana v. Penn State (-3.5) NO COVER
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe COVER
OU (-14.5) v. Texas COVER
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5) NO COVER
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5) COVER
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) NO COVER
Boise State (-10.5) v. CSU COVER
Miami v. FSU (-10.5) COVER

Washington State v. Oregon - 75

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5) Cover

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5) Cover

Saturday
Indiana v. Penn State (-3.5) No Cover
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe No Cover
OU (-14.5) v. Texas No Cover
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5) No Cover
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5) Cover
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) No Cover
Boise State (-10.5) v. CSU Cover
Miami v. FSU (-10.5) No Cover

ryseing

Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 95

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5)- COVER

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5)- NO COVER (if we don't beat VT I'm going to call for Canada's head)

Saturday
Indiana v. Penn State (-3.5)- NO COVER
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe- COVER
OU (-14.5) v. Texas- COVER
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5)- NO COVER
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5)- COVER
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) - NO COVER
Boise State (-10.5) v. CSU- COVER
Miami v. FSU (-10.5)- NO COVER

Predict the total number of points scored!
Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 76

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5) NO COVER

Friday

Saturday
Indiana v. Penn State (-3.5) COVER
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe NO COVER
Maryland v. OSUn (-23.5) COVER
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5) NO COVER
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) COVER
Miami v. FSU (-10.5) NO COVER

Meyer said "we've had that conversation" to use J.T. Barrett in red zone but haven't made decision to do that.

Well this doesn't sound like the worst idea ever...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nice to see LSU fans already thinking that this upcoming game at USCe/Sarkerlina, can't be played because of the floods, expects the game to be moved to be played at LSU :lol

Already have 1 cancelled game and now expects an additional home game too.

Though honestly, LSU would win over USCe in an underwater football field, so it doesn't really matter.
jinx jinx jinx jinx

Nice to see LSU fans already thinking that this upcoming game at USCe/Sarkerlina, can't be played because of the floods, expects the game to be moved to be played at LSU :lol

Already have 1 cancelled game and now expects an additional home game too.

Though honestly, LSU would win over USCe in an underwater football field, so it doesn't really matter.
jinx jinx jinx jinx
They must have missed last weeks games where several games were played underwater just fine.

andycapps

Quoted from the last thread:

Gotta pay those SEC Networks bills somehow. Florida is ranked too high anyway, we'll see if we're legit in the next four weeks with @Mizz, @LSU, then UGA.

All I have to say is, if UGA plays against UF like they did against Bama, that one's in the bag for UF. But we all know how this plays out, we'll play great the rest of the way, then fall flat on our face against a team we have no business losing to.. Rinse and repeat.

RutgersAl is back to supporting Coach Flood.

Deal with it Draxal. Your days are numbered. The FLOOD will REIGN SUPREME THIS WEEK!

It will DROWN the spartans of MICHigan StATe.

HATERS like YOURSELF in DENIAL! RUTGERS IS FLOODING THE BANKS AND LEAVING SOME SPARTAN CORPSES!

All I have to say is, if UGA plays against UF like they did against Bama, that one's in the bag for UF. But we all know how this plays out, we'll play great the rest of the way, then fall flat on our face against a team we have no business losing to.. Rinse and repeat.

Georgiaing.

Lunar15

On UF, I'm thinking it's a fluke. (ala our win against 2014 UGA)

We'll see. I also think the loud-as-fuck crowd was a gigantic factor, and we won't have that in our next 3 games.

Meier

Forgot to make my picks until like 6 PM this weekend. :*( I got a few in just in case I ever forget again.. better to have some points rather than 0 for the drop.

El_Chino

I mean, the sign says "Only Gators Get Out Alive"

I think I would have preferred Mauk. That said, I don't think performance against SCAR is a good indication of anything this year.
Their QB looked sharp though.

Let's see how it goes, I just feel both LSU and UGA rely too much on the run game.
On UF, I'm thinking it's a fluke. (ala our win against 2014 UGA)

We'll see. I also think the loud-as-fuck crowd was a gigantic factor, and we won't have that in our next 3 games.
We'll that's why it's called home field advantage Haha but i think it should be interesting. I'm not downplaying Mizzou but I'm more worried about LSU and UGA.

andycapps

Georgiaing.

I know you'd love to remove Clempsoning from the CFB lexicon, but I think that term is written in stone, no matter the results Saturday.

El_Chino said:
Let's see how it goes, I just feel both LSU and UGA rely too much on the run game.

Agreed, but I think that's both team's strength. The problem Saturday was that our OL couldn't open up any lanes for Chubb or Michel, so Lambert was put into bad yardage situations and his receivers weren't getting good separation, plus he seems very hesitant to do anything but throw to his check downs, which Alabama was all over. Needs to start being more aggressive in the passing game.

I will say that I got worried before the season started when UGA lost Justin Scott-Wesley to a career ending injury. Really, our only receivers are Malcolm Mitchell, Terry Godwin (true freshman), Reggie Davis, and Isaiah Mckenzie (true sophomore). There are some other true freshmen, but that's about it. Really, the only receivers being thrown to are Mitchell, Godwin, and TE's Jeb Blazevich and Jackson Harris. And there were 0 passes caught by a tight end Saturday, when they'd been some of our top options thus far. I really don't understand the gameplan from Saturday.

cdyhybrid

Predict the total number of points scored!
Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 73

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5) NO COVER

Friday
NCSU v. Va Tech (-2.5) COVER

Saturday
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe NO COVER
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5) NO COVER
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) NO COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I know you'd love to remove Clempsoning from the CFB lexicon, but I think that term is written in stone, no matter the results Saturday.

Even if we could get rid of it, I believe "Georgia-ing" would still have to wait in line behind "Coug'ed it" at least.

Fuck Miami.

Fuck Miami.

Every time I hear some Seminole pine for Miami to get better so our rivalry can be more intense I get annoyed. After the late 80s and 90s I want that program to wither and die under Al Golden or worse hires and then for some hostile university chancellor to salt the proverbial earth so the program can never be good again.

Fuck Miami.

Lunar15

But tell me, FSU fans, how do you really feel about Miami?

Miami winning this game is the worst outcome for all parties: FSU has to deal with losing to Miami, Miami has to deal with keeping Al Golden for another year.

Uh oh, has he lost the locker room? Charlie is a dead man walking

Sounds like the freshman and upperclassmen aren't getting along too well. The Freshmen are trying to be leaders while the upperclassmen are trying to pull rank. Freshmen are barking back by addressing the fact the seniors aren't performing well on the field so why should they follow their lead? Seniors are butthurt by that and thus locker-room turmoil ensues. Once Mack's coddled upperclassmen graduate, hopefully the team gels once again

andycapps

Do we have a CFBGAF community on PS4 yet? I know they just launched those with 3.0, but figured it'd be cool if we had one going.

Do we have a CFBGAF community on PS4 yet? I know they just launched those with 3.0, but figured it'd be cool if we had one going.

I'll join once I win a gold PS4 from Taco Bell. I try to win every day so I'll either win one or die trying because I'm sure eating a Big Box from TB every day for a month could be deadly.

Don't worry guys I'm not actually trying every day. Maybe once a week

Draxal

eh.. deleted the meta commentary.

But man, it seems like Sparty's really hurting this week, we might actually keep it within 2 touchdowns.

I'll join once I win a gold PS4 from Taco Bell. I try to win every day so I'll either win one or die trying because I'm sure eating a Big Box from TB every day for a month could be deadly.

Don't worry guys I'm not actually trying every day. Maybe once a week
I will still pray for you.

Ganhyun

Washington State v. Oregon - TPS Pick: 66 points

Thursday
Washington v. USC (-14.5) COVER

Friday

Saturday
LSU (-20.5) v. USCe COVER
Ga Tech v. Clempson (-7.5) COVER
Uconn v. UCF (-3.5) COVER

It's crazy that Duke vs. UNC could easily decide the Coastal this year. Also how are the nerds only down one TD in the spread vs. Clemson?

Boise covering vs. Colorado St. is a VERY safe pick right now at that spread btw.

Top Bottom