• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Six Thread: Auburn is a Weird Place

andycapps

Hey, it's about time that return train between Auburn and Georgia opened up. Been one way for way too long ;P

Also, as long as domestic violence isn't involved, Nick Saban believes in 2nd chances (
only because he learned his lesson with Taylor....right Nick. Right?

Duke has screwed himself out of a shot at the NFL. Had tons of potential but never put up great stats in college, and there's enough character issues there that I would think he'd be a risky pick.

Ha, I can't remember the last time UGA took a player that got kicked off another team. They did take Jarvis Jones who was medically disqualified at USC, cleared to play at UGA and playing with the Steelers now. Lambert (UVA) and Ganus (UAB) are the others I can think of other than some JUCO transfers over the years.

Karl2177

FX8RJMt.png

Kansas plays Baylor this weekend.
Shit. Part of me wants to see Baylor drop the hundo on Kansas, but at the same time, I'd feel so bad for them.

Nah, we'll just hang around until the last minute of every game and then lose in the most heartbreaking fashion possible. The final game of the year against Iowa will culminate in someone reenacting the scene where they put down Old Yeller but instead of a dog it will be a football with the face of Herbie Husker on one side and a block N on the other. All of us then release a black balloon into the sky, solemnly throw the bones one final time and then quietly leave the stadium making sure to tell every Iowa fan we see on the way out, "Good game." The weeks following will be full of bonfires that will rage out of control, fueled by Husker jerseys, thousands of pictures of Tom Osborne, and various other pieces of Husker paraphernalia. Within the month, the fires will have consumed the state and Nebraska is left a barren, ashen wasteland. There are no survivors.

Years afterward, when someone outside the state finally notices something has changed within the state of Nebraska, a simple memorial will be erected off I-80 that reads: They grew corn here.

lol

Kirk Ferentz will find a way to go through the rest of the season undefeated until this game and then fuck it up at the last minute. Nebraska fans will look back at the season as a failure. Iowa fans will look at the season as a failure like they did the year their only loss was to Iowa State. Iowa State fans will find new optimism in another mediocre head coach.

@AWardESPN
OSU through 5 games last year: 6.73 yards/play.
OSU through 5 games this year: 6.73 yards/play.
Five extra turnovers slowing down Buckeyes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Consistently winning games with low yards/play is much more impressive right guys?

1992 Alabama, behind one of the greatest defenses of all time, finished 13-0 with what looked like 5.07 yards per play (MSUn's current is at 5.81), so yeah. Just keep winning. As long as you win out, no one will remember you having a hard time with Purdue, Air Force, and that other Michigan team.

I created a community last night.

Send me a PM if you want to be invited to the CFBGAF community on PSN. I invited jjasper, mre, and lonestar so far. I think I have more people on my friends list from CFB but the usernames must be different.

I'll do this tonight (because I don't remember my username), though I don't play much besides Rocket League, and single player games (Axiom Verge, Guacamelee). I'm thinking about jumping into Destiny, but I'm not big on random multiplayer. Is it heavy on the MMO stuff?

El_Chino

Bleacher Report has officially jinxed Florida and Texas A&M, predicting both of them to play for the SEC championship.

KodaRuss

I'll do this tonight (because I don't remember my username), though I don't play much besides Rocket League, and single player games (Axiom Verge, Guacamelee). I'm thinking about jumping into Destiny, but I'm not big on random multiplayer. Is it heavy on the MMO stuff?

Destiny is definitely MMO lite but it is still there. The current state of Destiny is really pretty great right now. The expansion really did fix a lot of the problems and issue. It is a very good game right now.

The Texas Twitter thing is kind of ridiculous. The guy that called out the "young" kids is a junior, former walk on that is now one of our starting safeties. He is probably right, but they need to stop airing their dirty laundry to the media.

Lots of stuff out there saying Charlie is safe but I dont believe anyone is going to want to stomach a 3-9 (at worse) season.

ryseing

I created a community last night.

Send me a PM if you want to be invited to the CFBGAF community on PSN. I invited jjasper, mre, and lonestar so far. I think I have more people on my friends list from CFB but the usernames must be different.

If you could add me it'd be much appreciated. PSN is bmc811.

Just got Rock Band so I've been playing Centuries in honor of you guys and all others who had to suffer through it last fall.

Ganhyun

That was the wrong hill to die on there with the textbook thread if it was because of that.

But in CFB news.
Why did Jack declare after the injury, would his draft grade suffer because of his injury?

Without having seen the textbook or read up on it I won't comment. I saw he was banned and went to find out why and saw his last posts in that thread pretty much so I assume thats what did him in.

In CFB news: Maybe he can rehab and be able to give NFL scouts a good Pro-Day or something?

For sure, but I guess he views it as less of a gamble than possibly getting injured at ucla again.
Plus he wants that $$$

I guess, just seems a little risky to me is all. Makes more sense to rehab and try to have another good year than come out and run the risk at being drafted lower than I would have been otherwise.

Ganhyun

We aren't allowed to call it that anymore are we? I mean, didn't someone take offense about a NCAA game being called a cocktail party?

ag-my001

The schools have requested the name be dropped, so as not to be seen encouraging drinking among their underage students. Similar to how it's officially now the "red river rivalry" instead of shootout.

At least one espn guy usually slips it in at least once.

We aren't allowed to call it that anymore are we? I mean, didn't someone take offense about a NCAA game being called a cocktail party?

The schools have requested the name be dropped, so as not to be seen encouraging drinking among their underage students. Similar to how it's officially now the "red river rivalry" instead of shootout.

At least one espn guy usually slips it in at least once.

Yeah, it's not officially called that anymore because of the alcohol association. But let's be real, it's still the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.

andycapps

I play Rocket League a lot and just picked up Destiny yesterday. I played the beta but wanted to wait for more content. It's definitely an MMO which I normally dislike, but the shooting aspect is good enough to make me forget that. It's kind of like borderlands MMO with stats stats stats for guns, except the shooting mechanics are much better. Let me know when you remember your username on there.

If you could add me it'd be much appreciated. PSN is bmc811.

Just got Rock Band so I've been playing Centuries in honor of you guys and all others who had to suffer through it last fall.
Added you.

Lunar15

I haven't been to a Georgia Florida since college. What a fucking fun game to go to, even if you never go into the game. One year I just moseyed over to the Landing with a bunch of people I tailgated with and it was awesome. I'd meet my sister there too since she went to Georgia. It's an in-house rivalry.

I haven't been to a Georgia Florida since college. What a fucking fun game to go to, even if you never go into the game. One year I just moseyed over to the Landing with a bunch of people I tailgated with and it was awesome. I'd meet my sister there too since she went to Georgia. It's an in-house rivalry.

Wait, I thought you said your sister also went to Florida?

>_>

I got bored, so I used MasseyRatings future game probabilities on undefeated teams, and calculated the chance that they will win out the remainder of the season.

Team Pct
Ohio State 31.3%
Toledo 22.2%
Clemson 14.1%
Baylor 10.2%
Iowa 7.1%
Michigan State 5.8%
Utah 5.4%
Houston 5.4%
TCU 4.9%
Texas A&M 4.6%
Northwestern 4%