• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Championship Week: Of Meaningless Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bologne. Rumours are going to pop up near the end of every NFL season until Harbaugh retires. I guess that's what happens when you have the best coach in football.

On the plus side it only took Jim 2 years to get the same amount of loses as Urban has in his OSU career.

It's bologne. Rumours are going to pop up near the end of every NFL season until Harbaugh retires. I guess that's what happens when you have the best coach in football.
Nick Saban coaches at Michigan?

Guys.. I didn't enter the Berenstein Bears timeline right? Nick still coaches at Bama right?

It's natural that Urban ends up in LA because tMCU-GAF is too smug.

Speaking of jobs, when I saw the Lane Kiffin alert on ESPN as I was passing through my kitchen this morning, I don't know what it was, maybe the orange background behind his mugshot, but my brain read the name differently. I was like "why is Dabo Swinney leaving Clemson? Is this fake news?" It took 2 double takes before my brain registered its mistake.

It's natural that Urban ends up in LA because tMCU-GAF is too smug.

Speaking of jobs, when I saw the Lane Kiffin alert on ESPN as I was passing through my kitchen this morning, I don't know what it was, maybe the orange background behind his mugshot, but my brain read the name differently. I was like "why is Dabo Swinney leaving Clemson? Is this fake news?" It took 2 double takes before my brain registered its mistake.
You're getting too old Randy.. can you still go?

Also.. What else do we have in sports Randy.. huh.. can we be proud and yes smug about one thing..

jfkgoblue

that guy is just trolling because he thinks the Harbaugh thing is a troll. lol
Obviously.

Harbaugh isn't going to the Rams, this is gonna get old having to go through the rumors at the end of every season. Last year it was the Colts, this year the Rams, I wonder who it will be next year? The Browns probably.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Obviously.

Harbaugh isn't going to the Rams, this is gonna get old having to go through the rumors at the end of every season. Last year it was the Colts, this year the Rams, I wonder who it will be next year? The Browns probably.

You'll get used to it, Alabama has for years.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I mean, if I was Harbaugh, and I was looking at the roster losses, I'd have to be considering taking an NFL job if it opened to me right now, if my goal was to get back to the NFL

Wade just announced he is sticking with tOSU....good good.
200w.gif

jfkgoblue

I mean, if I was Harbaugh, and I was looking at the roster losses, I'd have to be considering taking an NFL job if it opened to me right now, if my goal was to get back to the NFL
Last years class was top 5, and another potential top 5 is coming in... the roster is fine lol, better than what he came in with in fact.

I know as a fan of a Big Ten team you badly want this to happen, but it ain't happening.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Last years class was top 5, and another potential top 5 is coming in... the roster is fine lol, better than what he came in with in fact.

I know as a fan of a Big Ten team you badly want this to happen, but it ain't happening.

nah man, I like him in the B1G.

As a RAMS fan I want this to happen.

And it's gonna. Harbaugh doesn't want to play 19 new starters next year. Or replace 30-35 people on his depth chart.

He's gonna take his pile of wins with Brady Hoke's kids and bounce. Everyone gets tired of his schtick, but puts up with it while he's winning, he's too smart to stick around for a down year 3.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody falls upwards like Lane Kiffin.

I guess this is a case of that working against him. He was arguably fairly successful at Alabama, helping lead them to three SEC championships, three playoff appearances, a national title and a chance at a second, and saw his contract through to the end.

So logically, if failure sent him upwards, success sent him downwards.

I'm doing a bowl pool where you pick 1 QB, 2 WR, and 2 RB as a team and total points wins. Thoughts on my preliminary picks below would be appreciated as I haven't followed this season all that close outside of Nebraska.

QB - Jerod Evans
RB - Jeremy McNichols
RB - Christian McCaffrey
WR - Taywan Taylor
WR - Carlos Henderson

This isn't a draft based deal so the same person could be on several teams.

jfkgoblue

nah man, I like him in the B1G.

As a RAMS fan I want this to happen.

And it's gonna. Harbaugh doesn't want to play 19 new starters next year. Or replace 30-35 people on his depth chart.

He's gonna take his pile of wins with Brady Hoke's kids and bounce. Everyone gets tired of his schtick, but puts up with it while he's winning, he's too smart to stick around for a down year 3.

Ok, none of that makes any sense(his classes have been better than Brady's) as Michigan is far more talented than any other Big Ten school other than OSU. They are gonna win at least 9 games next year... not like its gonna be a shit year.

andycapps

I hope so. With Florida just offering Tua out of the blue, there is concern that Tosh is in play for the DC gig at UF.

Somewhat related, Kiffin tried to get Blake Barnett but he's sticking with Arizona State.

Haha obviously Tua is not happening for us.

Tosh would be nice to get mostly for recruiting purposes honestly.
As long as he doesn't get you any recruiting violations.

Speaking of Sark and Kiffin, I wonder if there's anything to be gleamed from the fact that former USC QB Max Browne doesn't seem to be interested in any schools coached by former USC coaches.

tebunker

Banned
Alabama's DL class is gradually shaping up, we got Isaiah Buggs.

Jeudy went ahead and shut down his recruitment too. #Soon

Quick someone check on Haloid...

Also I was reading some of the other recruiting comments etc. I read it elsewhere a d maybe here but honestly it seems less that someone was flipped from Alabama or even anOSU as much as it is these schools picking whom they want.

I know that kind of stuff becomes prevalent with big time programs but it also makes me worry about complacency in the recruiting staff. I prefer to see em have to fight for recruits.

So when you see stuff like Saban didn't meet with someone or Urbs went elsewhere l, right now I am spt to believe it is bc the coaches went a different direction. These teams aren't hurting for players wanting to come and compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom