• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week 3 - Alabama still has more wins in Jerry World than Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Cutcliffe just went for a fake punt in a 7-0 game in the 1st quarter. He wont throw the ball down the field, he won't run the ball off tackle, he won't use the TEs, but he will do a fake punt.
I thought the whole goal of this was to NOT look like a HS team.

I think this ride has gone as far as it can.

Ugly first quarter.

Don't worry. This game probably will always be close.

Maryland with the 10-7 lead at halftime. Could be worse given UCF's 3 turnovers. We're clearly using a frosh QB, but I think he has a bright future as long as he doesn't get mauled too often.

Silkworm

Well, we're winning, but Florida's offense remembered they were Florida's offense.

Fortunately the Gator D is still a thing of beauty. At least it helps relieve some of the pressure off the offense. Also a deep, healthy, and experienced O-line would be nice. Next year (I hope)! :)

Sotha_Sil

Maryland with the 10-7 lead at halftime. Could be worse given UCF's 3 turnovers. We're clearly using a frosh QB, but I think he has a bright future as long as he doesn't get mauled too often.

It's pretty remarkable to be losing the turnover battle 0-3 and only being down a field goal. We can move the ball, but keep shooting ourselves in the food. Unforced turnovers, 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty, etc.

Should be a fun second half. Milton, despite his love of turnovers, is so much better than Holman.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ugly first quarter.

Don't worry. This game probably will always be close.

No it won't All Fitzgerald has to do is stack 8 in the box and play the DBs close to the LOS to stick the WRs for the next swing pass or bubble screen.

Our DC couldn't cut it at Cornell, so why does he have a power 5 job? Cutcliffe won't fire anyone, so the AD needs to step up and do it for him.

Lunar15

Fortunately the Gator D is still a thing of beauty. At least it helps relieve some of the pressure off the offense. Also a deep, healthy, and experienced O-line would be nice. Next year (I hope)! :)

Yeah, we've got the pieces of an offense, but not the line to make it work.

It's pretty remarkable to be losing the turnover battle 0-3 and only being down a field goal. We can move the ball, but keep shooting ourselves in the food. Unforced turnovers, 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty, etc.

Should be a fun second half. Milton, despite his love of turnovers, is so much better than Holman.

Yeah for sure. These refs are questionable too. But Milton certainly is showing flashes. I feel bad for Holman because 2014 really should have been built on. But he just never really progressed and if anything regressed. He's a good guy and smart, but never really put it together.

clav

No it won't All Fitzgerald has to do is stack 8 in the box and play the DBs close to the LOS to stick the WRs for the next swing pass or bubble screen.

All your team has to do on offense is find a way to get the ball to Anthony Nash.

You will torch it on every play.

Meanwhile Northwestern's offense will continue to start/sputter and then execute everything poorly.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Would be nice if they used it when it's needed. Hopefully they enforce the targeting they didn't flag on that Ole Miss player.
The SEC office already ruled that it wasn't targeting.

Sumlins looking across the field at Auburn trying to sneak into the locker room early like "you motherfuckers."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Do you trust Verne Danielson?
I trust Gary, at least, to accurately relay what he's being told by their SEC contact guy.

And that's some straight up bullshit in the Auburn-Aggy game with respect to the clock. Let's go Aggy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just turned from our game to the A&M/Auburn game just in time to hear "after review, the second half has come to an end."

Lkr

what channel is it on?
i live close enough where i normally hear "THIIIIIIRD DOOOOOOOOOWNNNNNNNNNN" outside but i haven't heard anything tonight :\

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
All your team has to do on offense is find a way to get the ball to Anthony Nash.

You will torch it on every play.

Meanwhile Northwestern's offense will continue to start/sputter and then execute everything poorly.

Sure, I'd gun one to Nash and Lloyd at least once every series and try to take advantage of your secondary, but that's not Cut's game and our QB is a RS freshman without much experience.

Lkr

pitt oklahoma st is still going? wasn't that a noon kickoff lmao

wew lad i forgot we were gonna be blessed with gus johnson tonight

what channel is it on?
i live close enough where i normally hear "THIIIIIIRD DOOOOOOOOOWNNNNNNNNNN" outside but i haven't heard anything tonight :\

Damn, it's nearly sold out too. I've heard our new speaker system has been having issues tonight, though.

It's on CBS Sports Network.

clav

Sure, I'd gun one to Nash and Lloyd at least once every series and try to take advantage of your secondary, but that's not Cut's game and our QB is a RS freshman without much experience.

I still think this will be a close game.

QB development at NU hasn't been great either. Thorson doesn't seem like he's improved much after an year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I trust Gary, at least, to accurately relay what he's being told by their SEC contact guy.

And that's some straight up bullshit in the Auburn-Aggy game with respect to the clock. Let's go Aggy.

Sounds like A. Stewart is the only player questionable for next week, just had to suffer the end of the game with no Reuben, E. Jackson and Minkah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom