• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week 3 - Alabama still has more wins in Jerry World than Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Why use the timeout.

Game was too close. Bama is not the best team in the country by far if they struggle with a bad Ole Miss team.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
No matter how many times I see it I am still impressed by Mahomes' rocket arm. Threw an incompletion that was in the air 60 yards, and on that TD he just threw the ball about 50 yards while running to his left.

Now we got a QB and our receivers are dropping stuff. In their defense they probably don't know what it's like to catch a well placed ball.

Balphon

They've done it for years. If you average >50%, it's the right thing to do. It didn't work out this time, but that's why stats don't play the game.

They haven't attempted the conversion after every score until this year. They used to do it sometimes after the first score and probably converted 80%+ of the time, but they kicked XPs after that.

It does work if you're converting 50% of the time like I said awhile ago, but they were only just barely at 50% (3 of 6) coming into this game against bad teams.

Has it previously bit them in the ass like it did today?

No, but it's just this year that they seem to have sworn off XPs entirely.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Almost time for Duke to re-certify its position as worst power 5 team of 2016!

NW's secondary is beat up, so challenge downfield? No!, more ill advised swing passes and runs up the middle that go nowhere are the rule of the day! Basketball season is two months away!

The officiating was pretty terrible but Oregon would've been tied at the end there if it were any other coaching staff making the XP calls.

Oregon's defense played well enough to win and the offense did okay. Royce being out really affected the team chemistry but the conservative play calling and lack of passing game made no sense. Nebraska clearly couldn't keep up in their secondary.
There were many times Prukop had time in the pocket but couldn't find open receivers. NEB's shoddy secondary did a good job today ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom