• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

Hell yeah! A&M has lived by the big play tonight
I keep hearing commentators say A&M has the best chance to knock off Bama. I don't see it, but with plays like that there's a chance. We need more of those and a lot more consistency.

Also, to make sure I'm not getting too hyped, I'm now thinking 7-5 at the best.

squicken

I keep hearing commentators say A&M has the best chance to knock off Bama. I don't see it, but with plays like that there's a chance. We need more of those and a lot more consistency.

Also, to make sure I'm not getting too hyped, I'm now thinking 7-5 at the best.

I think that is more a statement on the rest of the SEC. It's a pretty down year. So it's kinda hard to tell how good A&M is. The defense does seem pretty good but I'd think Alabama would figure out how to kill those CBs all day long

doesn't matter how well we're doing or how bad LSU is doing

Us Aggies will always choke against them. Not looking forward to that game. But I'll enjoy our #10 spot while it lasts.

ag-my001

I think that is more a statement on the rest of the SEC. It's a pretty down year. So it's kinda hard to tell how good A&M is. The defense does seem pretty good but I'd think Alabama would figure out how to kill those CBs all day long
I'll be excited to see the updated S&P numbers after this week. The pre-season projections will almost be out, and we'll see how things change. This game was 50/50, with the rest of the SEC slate putting us as underdogs. I think that should improve. Tennessee should be a very interesting matchup.

ag-my001

Even better, I think that drive almost took 3 minutes off the clock. Still need to improve at going slow. Maybe don't sub so the defense can't, but just hang out at the line waiting.

I don't get hopeful against the Bama and LSU games anymore. We're a fairly solid team this year though, just not particularly spectacular. But maybe that's enough? I guess we'll see.

10-2 would out perform anyone's predictions. I think LSU is definitely a possible win, much more than previous years. Bama is unlikely, and Mississippi (there you go mre) against our secondary scares the hell out of me.

Trevor is looking like the type of QB Saban teams always struggle with. Plus A&M D isn't total trash for once.

Somebody must've taught them to tackle. Because tackling was like this foreign concept to us for 10 years.

edit: jesus christ what happened to Arkansas on this 4th hahaha. Any chances are out the window.

ag-my001

TD, AGGIES!

And welcome, Admiral. Aggies aren't over-represented yet, so make sure you subscribe and join us over in Community starting with next week's thread.

TD, AGGIES!

And welcome, Admiral. Aggies aren't over-represented yet, so make sure you subscribe and join us over in Community starting with next week's thread.

I'm usually in the anti-aggie threads defending the actual town and students when people who have no idea just go in talking shit calling us a cult.

ag-my001

I'm usually in the anti-aggie threads defending the actual town and students when people who have no idea just go in talking shit calling us a cult.
Well that happens a little, but then we all have gifs to shoot back. And we can join together in our mutual scorn for Notre Dame, Art Briles, Penn State, and fall weddings.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You know, I get back home Saturday nights after the game, feeling pretty good and read through this thread. You guys are always acting the the sky is falling even when things are going well

R-E-L-A-X

Sure, in retrospect it sounds funny, but the fumble out of the end zone the first possession, the fumble on the goal line, 15-yard penalties, etc. It felt like Iowa State all over again for a while. In reality, we outclassed Northwestern in all phases of the game, but the score did not reflect it. As I said before, 556 yards, only 24 points.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
A&M is gonna beat Bama aren't they.

With minimal mistakes, probably. A&M looks like the more well rounded team. Bama will need special teams and defense scores to keep up like they did with uMiss.

I think even Arkansas is going to be rough for Bama. Lot of dumb playcalls and mistakes in this game have helped A&M a lot. If Bama doesn't get those it could be a close game.

Good to see multiple Texas CFB teams vying for possible relevance in the big show. Tired of us having all this talent and any of the given teams (including the Ags) finding ways to blow it. At least my Coogs have the easiest of all the routes minus the Louisville game (assuming we are undefeated at that point and of course win that game... big if).

Need the Lone Star state to be on top.

ag-my001

Short term memory loss is essential for a commentator. Mess up an anecdote, gotta move on and tell another one.

Or the same one.

Again.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
woooooooo

14494652_10154592272742704_5666651446615178321_n.jpg

14449009_10154592283882704_1537747085592523805_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom