• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Seven: It's Never the Right Time to Wear Orange.

Wait what? Have you mentioned this before? I'd support a fellow gaffer where's your bar at?

Haha, its my personal basement bar i posted pics a few weeks bar after i had finished most of it

uyudp7J.jpg

Lunar15

Haven't had time to read up, but Will Grier saying McElwain pushed him to transfer (not incredibly surprising) and that Urban Meyer heavily tried to recruit him. (Really?)

Looks pretty good, man! Though that fridge kinda stands out as looking weird in there.

Its my homemade kegerator for my homebrew right now, at some point ill build something else with taps on another bar top to accommodate. This is also an older pic, i ahve bar stools more pictures and shelving on the walls by the fridge now.

Its my homemade kegerator for my homebrew right now, at some point ill build something else with taps on another bar top to accommodate. This is also an older pic, i ahve bar stools more pictures and shelving on the walls by the fridge now.

Ah, it looks cool, I mostly meant the color, the smooth white stands out against some of the other colors you've got in there. But seriously I'm just nitpicking :) The fact that it's a homemade kegerator gives it a lot of cool points.

Ah, it looks cool, I mostly meant the color, the smooth white stands out against some of the other colors you've got in there. But seriously I'm just nitpicking :) The fact that it's a homemade kegerator gives it a lot of cool points.

Yeah color is off the room. We're slowly filling it with brewery stickers the one side is half full so it's not as out there white anymore

jjasper

Nice. LSU's strategy of pressuring the Florida A.D. to reschedule so LSU could ultimately host the game for home-field advantage worked!
Yeah and Florida gets the game in 2017 and 2018. I can see how Florida would go for that.

Interesting. Did the commissioner finally put his foot down?
Yes.
Key line from SEC: "Had the game not been rescheduled, Florida and LSU would have been ineligible to compete for the SEC title this season."
Basically he called Florida out on their bullshit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nice. LSU's strategy of pressuring the Florida A.D. to reschedule so LSU could ultimately host the game for home-field advantage worked!

Not just that, but also they managed to get 2 bye weeks, both before playing Alabama

Nick de la Torre
‏@NickdelaTorreGC
Your Florida #Gators season tickets earned you admission to:

- UMASS
- Kentucky
- North Texas
- Missouri
- South Carolina
Something like this schedule would lead a person to decide to stop being a fan.

Silkworm

Ah, I guess whiny LSU got their way. :p Ah well, all I got to say is screw the Tigers and their AD and their fans.

Go Gators. Screw yah, damn Tigers.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Maybe, maybe not...

Florida AD Jeremy Foley: Game rescheduled but with no help from LSU

I will side with Jeremy. Go Gators.

maybe once they missed the first weekend, but LSU bent over backwards to try and play last weekend. They said they'd play on Sat/Sun/Mon, whatever, fly in and out on the same day as the game to not take any hotel rooms.

LSU stopped being as accommodating after Florida completely fucked last weekend. Could've easily played that game on Sunday or Monday

Silkworm

maybe once they missed the first weekend, but LSU bent over backwards to try and play last weekend. They said they'd play on Sat/Sun/Mon, whatever, fly in and out on the same day as the game to not take any hotel rooms.

LSU stopped being as accommodating after Florida completely fucked last weekend. Could've easily played that game on Sunday or Monday

Hmmm. I know LSU was trying to get the game rescheduled but it was always to be in Baton Rouge as far as I could see. So they were very "accommodating" as long as the Gators gave up home field and played at Tiger Stadium. Not what I call a fair trade but they stiffened their necks and they got their wish in the end. Hope they enjoy it and hopefully UF can "welcome" their new coach to Gainesville next year ;-)

Silkworm

So Florida has what, 3 road games next year?

Er, no.

They play the following schedule:

road: vs Michigan at Arlington, TX
home: vs. Northern Colorado
home: vs. Tennessee
road: vs. Kentucky at Lexington, KY
home: vs. Vanderbilt
home: vs. LSU
home: vs. Texas A&M
road: vs. Georgia at Jacksonville, FL
road: vs. Missouri at Columbia, MO
road: vs. South Carolina at Columbia, SC
home: vs. UAB
home: vs. Florida State

So, five road games. Yes you can quibble about the Georgia game but it's almost always in Jacksonville and that ain't Gainesville, so it's a road game in my book ;-)

Hey, I found where everyone was hiding.

I still call Tennessee Orange vomit orange.

As for the Florida LSU game. I'll admit I don't know why Sunday or Monday were not deemed to be acceptable by Florida. I get that a lot of players have family, fans have family, travel is difficult. Economics of moving and getting a home crowd and such. But I bet it could have worked, and if storm turned out worse than expected, then they could have made that decision later. I think the general chaos probably would have affected both teams about the same.

But LSU was kind of a bitch about not being willing to play with less rest than Alabama, or lose a home game. And now Gainesville loses two home games, even if one barely counted to begin with.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hmmm. I know LSU was trying to get the game rescheduled but it was always to be in Baton Rouge as far as I could see. So they were very "accommodating" as long as the Gators gave up home field and played at Tiger Stadium. Not what I call a fair trade but they stiffened their necks and they got their wish in the end. Hope they enjoy it and hopefully UF can "welcome" their new coach to Gainesville next year ;-)

once Florida missed the scheduled weekend, yes, LSU would not play anything that cost them a home game. They drew a line in the sand.

However, leading up to the Hurricane LSU bent over backwards to play the game at any time or day that weekend that Florida chose. LSU modified its travel plans, and made it available that they would fly in the morning of the game and back out that night so they wouldn't take hotel rooms. They also offered to have the game played in Baton Rouge as another option (including with no fans in the stands at LSU).

LSU was super accommodating, and then once the weekend passed became hardline about not losing a home game

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
LSU's whining paid off. Yay. I'm sure Gainesville businesses won't suffer from 2 lost weekends of revenue!

They had their chance. LSU was magnanimous, Florida thought they saw a way to avoid a loss. Bit them in the ass after all. I hope the fighting Eauxrgerons whip em.

andycapps

LSU's whining paid off. Yay. I'm sure Gainesville businesses won't suffer from 2 lost weekends of revenue!

They can thank Foley for that. Could have been postponed to Sunday, Monday, etc.

New episode of The Decided Schematic Advantage is up. Info for subscribing is in the OP.

Episode 11 - High Winds Part Deux: The Story of Brian Kelly

This week we talk about last week's big games in CFB, the GOTW, the TOTW, Westworld (light spoilers), Luke Cage (no spoilers), Atlanta (no spoilers).

Lunar15

They had their chance. LSU was magnanimous, Florida thought they saw a way to avoid a loss. Bit them in the ass after all. I hope the fighting Eauxrgerons whip em.

They can thank Foley for that. Could have been postponed to Sunday, Monday, etc.

Actually, from the sounds of it: LSU was the one who refused to budge. Foley was the one that had to cave and give up a home game.

I'm not a huge Foley fan, so I'm not one to take his side. But I dunno, I don't get any indication that the Gators were trying to get out of the game, and I think it's easy to say "just reschedule the game" now, when then it was a much different story.

It's worth noting that the SEC commissioner did not thank LSU in the process, only Florida and Presbyterian. LSU's athletic director knows he botched the Les Miles firing last year and was just trying to save his job. He drew a stupid line in the sand after all the "accommodations" he set up under a bad situation for the gators fell through, and then refused when both UF and the SEC stepped forward with options.

But whatever. I don't think we're going to do all that great this season, and the whole situation was indeed a mess. At least LSU has to play us at home for the next two years back to back now.

Ultimately, fuck Tennessee.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Actually, from the sounds of it: LSU was the one who refused to budge. Foley was the one that had to cave and give up a home game.

Again - this was POST the game delay.

Foley fucked this up badly the first weekend. LSU was very accommodating until the game was delayed. Once the game was delayed they made clear they wouldn't lose a home game to accommodate it.

The fact that everyone is trying to make Foley the hero out in this after he's the reason this mess exists is insanity

andycapps

@GatorsScott: “The conference office asked us to find a solution in working with LSU, yet LSU was never a true partner in our discussions."--Jeremy Foley

Haha wow. Guess Alleva isn't getting a Christmas card from Foley.

jjasper

I mean I kinda see where he was coming from though. LSU offered every possible solution to the problem leading up to the originally scheduled game and Foley basically did jack shit, dropped the ball and then when it was clear the game was going to happen seeming thought he could get out of the game and get a competitive advantage over Tennessee (and Georgia to a lesser extent) by not playing the game. Then when it became public and there was a lot of pressure put on everyone to make the game happen the assumption was LSU was going to give up a home game and that revenue to make up for Florida's incompetence . Why the hell should LSU lose money cause Florida fucked up? LSU is a pretty miserable place full of miserable people but I totally agree with them and their "fuck you" to FL and Sankey.

Again - this was POST the game delay.

Foley fucked this up badly the first weekend. LSU was very accommodating until the game was delayed. Once the game was delayed they made clear they wouldn't lose a home game to accommodate it.

The fact that Florida fans are trying to make Foley the hero out in this after he's the reason this mess exists is insanity
Fixed

Top Bottom