• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was more that Florida isn't good rather than Michigan was great. As a buckeye fan, I liked what I saw from Michigan.
First game with a lot of new starters. I'll take it but there needs to be improvement. DBs and the right side of the line need work. FL D is solid and a lot was asked of them due to their inept offense.

Called it 28-17 Michigan after all the suspensions. Also called continuation of useless offense. 3 fucking points hahahaha.

We're still clueless on O. Redshirt freshman at QB and another guy who hasn't started in a century and we run some of the longest, drawn out pass plays ever. No slants.

Complete shite!

tebunker

Banned
Sitting at only 2 missed games with the spread in the RBR pick em. Not too shabby so far. i thought temple would've scored just a couple more or held ND just a hair more, that stung. Otherwise I'd have a lot of $$$ if I gambled this week.

Ambient80

What are people saying about Bama and FSU? I mean on paper it sounds like a good game but I don’t know much about FSU this year. Bama I expect to have their usual good to great defense and a workable QB.

jmizzal

Now who's looking at stats. Reason for the low attempts was because, 3 and out, 3 and out, scramble. Etc.

I'm not looking at stats to judge performance, they were in 3rd and long every time because they couldnt run the ball, had nothing to do with Franks, and they still tried to run the ball when it wasnt 3rd and long and got stuffed, they never let the kid go out and play

HeySeuss

First game with a lot of new starters. I'll take it but there needs to be improvement. DBs and the right side of the line need work. FL D is solid and a lot was asked of them due to their inept offense.

Yeah you guys lost a lot of good players and I'm not sure that your qb will get much better than where he's at. He just looks like he's hit his ceiling where he'll make a few really great plays and then completely space out and make an unforced error leading to a turnover. But you guys are probably a couple years away from really being back as a power imo. Looks like a solid 9-3 year though with momentum for next year.

"Look what you made me do"🎵🎶.........

So gross

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What are people saying about Bama and FSU? I mean on paper it sounds like a good game but I don’t know much about FSU this year. Bama I expect to have their usual good to great defense and a workable QB.

Our oline is bad and our defense is overrated. FSU loses by 14.

But still, go Noles.

ryseing

FSU has a good QB but bad O-line. No more Dalvin Cook hurts.

Defense is their usual I believe but secondary may be weak IIRC.

DMVfan123

Banned
Cam Akers and Jacques Patrick are good enough to supplement the lost production that they are suffering from Dalvin Cook

.....I'm so freaking hyped for this game, been waiting for it since Deshaun Watson's throw to Renfrow

HeySeuss

As a Wolverine fan, I like what I saw from the Buckeyes too on Thursday.

I liked the adjustments we made in the second half, but we are definitely weak on the corners. They'll get better. Lagow is definitely a very good qb and much more accurate than Spieth so I'm not too worried.

Yeah you guys lost a lot of good players and I'm not sure that your qb will get much better than where he's at. He just looks like he's hit his ceiling where he'll make a few really great plays and then completely space out and make an unforced error leading to a turnover. But you guys are probably a couple years away from really being back as a power imo. Looks like a solid 9-3 year though with momentum for next year.

So gross
I hope there aren't 3 losses but it wouldn't surprise me. You're right about Speight, he is what he is at this point. The D will be fine but can't always make up for Speight's turnovers.

tebunker

Banned
I grew up liking Charlie Ward adn FSU, but I went to Alabama and fell too hard in love with T-Town and this school/team. Love these big games and hate these big games

I liked the adjustments we made in the second half, but we are definitely weak on the corners. They'll get better. Lagow is definitely a very good qb and much more accurate than Spieth so I'm not too worried.

Excellent. I hope no one in Columbus is either. Let's keep it that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom