• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 1 |OT| Offseason's over. Back to #TALKINBOUTTHENOLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
From Reddit:

8jWDIy4.jpg

Michigan fans being pleased at this can't have followed UF football lately...
Not thrilled about it given the 2 picks from Speight. Was expecting a win, not just this ugly. Not even close without those. Gators need some work on the offense and getting their suspended players back should (might) help.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
True, to an extent, but they start the season with a win over a Top 25 team. Yeah we all know UF didn’t deserve it and it was just preseason, but it’s a nice thing to have.

I'd say it'd be fine to be happy if they weren't missing 10 players including several starters

I'd say it'd be fine to be happy if they weren't missing 10 players including several starters
2 starters that may have contributed. The excuses were already incoming no matter what Michigan did. Win, oh you beat a depleted FL team. Lose, oh look, you lost to a depleted FL team. No win situation...

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
2 starters that may have contributed. The excuses were already incoming no matter what Michigan did. Win, oh you beat a depleted FL team. Lose, oh look, you lost to a depleted FL team. No win situation...

As it should be? Are you saying you should get credit for beating trash in a close game for 3 quarters?

Okay glad we're in agreement. Anyway, the main point is making assumptions about Michigan's defense in that game is silly.
The secondary is my biggest concern. The rest will be fine. Kind of surprised FL didn't try to exploit that more but not complaining. Anything short or underneath, good luck. The deep ball will kill Michigan.

I thought Michigan looked pretty damn good today with the exception of the passing game, which needs work. The running game was the best I've seen it in a while.

The defense didn't look like they missed a beat from last year (sure, Florida had a terrible offense last year but if we are extrapolating from last year let's not forget Michigan had the #1 defense either. And yes a lot of players with significant time played returned.) It looked like a top flight defense should look even if you consider the offense to be poor. With that said FL doesn't have the tools to exploit the D's perceived weakness. But they were manhandled so much up front it wouldn't have mattered much.

So yeah, need to work on QB play and some receivers hands/timing are the biggest needs. Other than that pretty impressive for week 1.

jmizzal

Zaire is terrible. Another failed Florida QB.

I'm done with coach Mc, there was no reason to pull Franks, they never even let him go all out and play, he looked good passing the ball, Zaire was awful and the coach keeps him in while the game is still close

jmizzal

Someone at RBR yelled at me when I said that Mac wasn't good for Alabama and was probably on the way out when he left for CSU. Alabama won inspite of Mac and Nuss.

I like him well enough, but too often he limits his players with his shit ass offense calling. Combine that with Nussmeier the possibly worst playcaller in CFB and hooboy.

UF with a competent coach is a Natty contender every year, and I am thankful they aren't.

Yup, I really hope Stoops comes back to coaching so we can fire this clown and hire a real HC

oh yea and I would take Chip Kelly

I'm done with coach Mc, there was no reason to pull Franks, they never even let him go all out and play, he looked good passing the ball, Zaire was awful and the coach keeps him in while the game is still close

Code:
C/ATT	YDS	TD	INT
M. Zaire	9/17	106	0	0
F. Franks	5/9	75	0	0

Huh? And that's with like 3 quarters to 1. Neither one looked good. Franks had like 2 deep balls though that made up for most of his yards.

Someone at RBR yelled at me when I said that Mac wasn't good for Alabama and was probably on the way out when he left for CSU. Alabama won inspite of Mac and Nuss.

I like him well enough, but too often he limits his players with his shit ass offense calling. Combine that with Nussmeier the possibly worst playcaller in CFB and hooboy.

UF with a competent coach is a Natty contender every year, and I am thankful they aren't.

What you expecting from Daboll tonight?

AkumaNiko

True, to an extent, but they start the season with a win over a Top 25 team. Yeah we all know UF didn’t deserve it and it was just preseason, but it’s a nice thing to have.

take away all defensive touchdowns and its 26-3 so im glad we got the win, but it would have been better with just the 1 pick six

jmizzal

Code:
C/ATT	YDS	TD	INT
M. Zaire	9/17	106	0	0
F. Franks	5/9	75	0	0

Huh? And that's with like 3 quarters to 1. Neither one looked good. Franks had like 2 deep balls though that made up for most of his yards.

What are you talking about Zaire yards came in garbage time and he took like 5 sacks, stop looking at stats, Zaire held the ball too long and looked lost out there.

Franks looked in control they never let him go out and throw the ball, he didnt throw one bad pass the whole game

I know I'm not saying he's not going to be good. But to say he looked good? He looked totally overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure half his yards were on one pass on the first drive.

He only got to throw it 9 times and normal QB will throw it at least 20 times and most these guys throw it 30 times, how can the kid do anything being so limited, Zaire was awful

tebunker

Banned
What you expecting from Daboll tonight?

I am not 100% sure. Dude has never had this much talent at any level he's been an OC. I honestly expect a lot of run plays, rpo's, circle routes out of the back field, a couple of wr screens, and a lot of play action.

Daboll seems like the guy who could call Blake to Drake for a TD and yet still hand the ball to BO 35 times if he needed. In other words he isn't going to keep running a jet sweep that won't work, or calling plays that go right in to Aranda's defensive strengths. We honestly need someone in between Mac/Nuss and Lane and Daboll is hopefully that guy. We need consistency but with a little more flair and willingness to set up an explosive play.

HeySeuss

I think it was more that Florida isn't good rather than Michigan was great. As a buckeye fan, I liked what I saw from Michigan.

What are you talking about Zaire yards came in garbage time and he took like 5 sacks, stop looking at stats, Zaire held the ball too long and looked lost out there.

Franks looked in control they never let him go out and throw the ball, he didnt throw one bad pass the whole game

When your QB has a total of like 40 YDS passing through 3 quarters outside of one 34yd pass on the first drive, there is no one who is going to look at that by any metric and say he has played well. QBs job is to move the ball. I agree Zaire didn't look good either though. But Florida was trying to do anything to spark their offense at that point. They had like 100yds in 3 quarters. I can't believe anyone would say, "but he was doing so well!"

He only got to throw it 9 times and normal QB will throw it at least 20 times and most these guys throw it 30 times, how can the kid do anything being so limited, Zaire was awful

Now who's looking at stats. Reason for the low attempts was because, 3 and out, 3 and out, scramble. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom