• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Offseason: FEAR THE TREE (and other non-threatening PC mascots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We're working on it. This state is still 80% OU fans.

If you transported an OSU fan from before the 2000s to now, their head would explode. Pretty amazing how far we've come.
Now, imagine if you took that same OSU fan from before the 2000s, and drove him down to Lubbuck to show him the future of OSU football!

jagowar

Now, imagine if you took that same OSU fan from before the 2000s, and drove him down to Lubbuck to show him the future of OSU football!

laugh.emoticon.gif

KingGondo

Banned
We have a nickname for Lubbock around these parts: "Future Stillwater."

It's our version of Tomorrowland.

KingGondo

Banned
New unis for the Fighting Midnight Riders:

They're alright.

Hope we wear something new from Nike for the opener. I've always thought some red and black alternates would be cool, but only if they have tramp stamps that say "Pistols Firing" on back.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The University of Alabama has unveiled its new logo for the 2013 football season:

JUeNYue.jpg

We are, apparently, abandoning our elephant mascot, Big Al, and will be unveiling a new T-Rex styled mascot in the near future.

The University of Alabama has unveiled its new logo for the 2013 football season:

We are, apparently, abandoning our elephant mascot, Big Al, and will be unveiling a new T-Rex styled mascot in the near future.

The T-Rex should be shooting Japanese Hornets out of it's mouth.

KingGondo

Banned
Summarize?

must have missed it, thought he jokingly made a "when Johnny wants to play football again, then he'll be in the discussion of best QB, along with Murray and McCarron."
He was talking about the Aggy conspiracy theorists who think Bama is still bitter over losing last year, or that the JFF drama is being manufactured by Bama boosters/ESPN.

Pawwwwl said something along the lines of "I didn't hear a single Bama player say after winning the MNC that 'this would be awesome, but if only we had beaten Texas A&M.'"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He was talking about the Aggy conspiracy theorists who think Bama is still bitter over losing last year, or that the JFF drama is being manufactured by Bama boosters/ESPN.

Pawwwwl said something along the lines of "I didn't hear a single Bama player say after winning the MNC that 'this would be awesome, but if only we had beaten Texas A&M.'"

I did hear that last line (leaving lunch when I heard it).

New unis for the Fighting Midnight Riders:

They're alright.

Hope we wear something new from Nike for the opener. I've always thought some red and black alternates would be cool, but only if they have tramp stamps that say "Pistols Firing" on back.

I've never heard of this "Hail State University."

Are they a juco or something?

Lonestar

Want to say it's some "new thing" they're trying.

They got upset at all the Admiral Ackbar nonsense at Ole Miss (TSUN, which itself is obviously stolen)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Did he mention the theory that UT is involved as well, since they're in bed with ESPN on the LHN and ESPN has been the one breaking all the news?

Oh, right. "Teasips." Or "Tsips" or whatever.

I can't believe I actually remember that. College football has apparently made me stupider.

If you start fetishizing a class ring, you know you have gone too far.

If you derive more pleasure from Stanford losing then Cal winning, then there is still hope.

One more week, gentlemen.

I do wish we could re-use last year's week 1 title of getting your piss hot to confuse the hell out of everyone else.

Enron

Banned
Despite being the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel was not named a first-team member of the preseason coaches' 2013 All-SEC squad Thursday.

Manziel, who became the first freshman ever to win the Heisman after setting the SEC record for total offensive yards (5,116) and accounting for 47 touchdowns in 2012, was placed on the second team behind Georgia senior quarterback Aaron Murray.

UGA UGA UGA

Jhriad

He didn't win any preseason Herbie awards either. Herbstreit is basically predicting JFF won't be playing this season.

Or Herbie is making the safe assumption that given Johnny's immaturity and attitude problems it's unlikely he's worked on improving his iffy mechanics in the off season so at best we'll see the same Johnny as last year. Except this year with a ton more baggage and all the pressure and limelight that comes with it.

Lonestar

Herbstreit doesn't have anything to do with the coaches poll though. I think the coaches have more respect for Murray and Mccarron. Rightfully so.

Well, McCarron was third, cause it's that time of year again. The time of the year that everyone Jumps on Board the "Alabama QB is a Game Manager" Bus!

Does this even count as a 1st World Problem? Is there a level higher than that?

Are they rolling out new stadium policies all over the place this Summer? Cal sent out an email about the new restrictions on what you can bring in the stadium, and I saw a few articles about how the NFL changed their rules recently.

andycapps

Well, McCarron was third, cause it's that time of year again. The time of the year that everyone Jumps on Board the "Alabama QB is a Game Manager" Bus!

Does this even count as a 1st World Problem? Is there a level higher than that?
It's a completely irrelevant poll that is most likely filled out by a graduate assistant. Isn't Mccarron a game manager, though?

How many top NFL QB's have come from Saban at Bama? His "process" just needs a QB that understands his system and can complete passes. The real stars on their offense are the OL and RB's, year in and year out. We went over this a few weeks ago. And I'm not saying Mccaron is a bad QB at all. He's very capable.

Lonestar

It's a completely irrelevant poll that is most likely filled out by a graduate assistant. Isn't Mccarron a game manager, though?

How many top NFL QB's have come from Saban at Bama? His "process" just needs a QB that understands his system and can complete passes. The real stars on their offense are the OL and RB's, year in and year out. We went over this a few weeks ago.

Which ones? The 2 QB's who were here when he got here (JPW and GMAC) or the one Saban Recruited (McCarron). Could also point towards Phillip Sims as one that didn't turn out, and then there were a few 3 star QB's who have been processed in the last few years.

McCarron is the first of the Alabama QB's with prototypical size for an NFL QB, and has enough arm strength to be beyond claims of "Noodle Arm" that GMAC has taken over for Pennington (GMAC still the best QB on the Jests :p ). I've not seen official records, but I want to say that AJ's 2012 season, was the single best QB season Alabama's ever had. 5 years ago, the record for most TD passes in the season was something like 15 or 16.

Now, back to LSU years, depends on how much input you believe he had with J. Russell or Matt Flynn (I don't think he had much beyond recruiting them, if he did.)

Are they rolling out new stadium policies all over the place this Summer? Cal sent out an email about the new restrictions on what you can bring in the stadium, and I saw a few articles about how the NFL changed their rules recently.

They'll pry my flask of Jim Beam Black out of my cold, dead fingers if they try that shit at the Jones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom