• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last time i was in joe robbie stadium was the orange bowl watching wvu put up over 70 points on clemson.

before that i had dolphin season tickets for 3 years when i was in high school. always hated that the marlins fucked up the field for half the season.

It's Urban Meyer, he is the god of rivalry and playoff/championship games

Phoenix rising you should use your sling login on the watchespn app, much better overall stream quality

Thanks. I'll look into it for tomorrow's games.

let the scouts keep projecting Leonard Fournette as the top back, saves Dalvin from going to the god awful teams.

I am pleased to see how well Freeman is doing on the Falcons right now. IRIC, he was the first back in almost a decade to break 1000 yards rushing.

Chris R

Oh wow, it's still almost a game?

And fyi dinner was two 1/4 onion burgers ala Oklahoma Style

forgot I had 2lb of grond chuck in the fridge that neeeded cookin

Lkr

Michigan fans on twitter trying to blame injuries for their sleepwalking performance like we have any safeties left on defense to play lmao

Michigan fans on twitter trying to blame injuries for their sleepwalking performance like we have any safeties left on defense to play lmao

Yeah you could never win a game with a 2nd or 3rd string player, especially important positions. Would NEVER happen

Lkr

I don't understand why this is targeting in general tbh, shouldn't the receiver have to fair catch? What is Marshall supposed to do let him catch it? Why is there no onus placed on the returner?

andycapps

Yeah, c'mon. Plus, Chubb only needs like a 2k yard season to pass Herschel.

No biggie, right?

Ha right. Crazy thing is Herschel put up those numbers in 3 years, and before they counted bowl game stats. Also, everyone knew he was getting the ball every play. Toss sweep left, toss sweep right, handoff up the middle, etc.

let the scouts keep projecting Leonard Fournette as the top back, saves Dalvin from going to the god awful teams.
No doubt. He could end up like Gurley on the Rams.

I don't understand why this is targeting in general tbh, shouldn't the receiver have to fair catch? What is Marshall supposed to do let him catch it? Why is there no onus placed on the returner?

It's how the refs keep it interesting for their paymasters. What a shit show

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That seems like a sketchy targeting penalty to me. Should have called fair catch. The hit itself didn't seem egregious, he didn't really lower his helmet or anything.

If every time two helmets hit we get an ejection, that's going to ruin the game.

NightOnyx

I'm confused by it as well. I mean he didn't call a fair catch, so he should be fair game once he catches the ball, which he did. The defender is supposed to let him start running first or something?

If you hit someone in the head when you tackle them then your tackling form probably wasn't very good most of the time or you were intentionally trying to hit them in the head with your helmet. I think there are exceptions but they are rare.

Yeah, that looked like fairly textbook targeting to me. I'd be all for stricter rules on that front as concussions are a real issue.

The best concussion prevention is to not play football.

Michigan on the momentum of that targeting call with an ejected player against an already depleted secondary scores an EZ TD.

That seems like a sketchy targeting penalty to me. Should have called fair catch. The hit itself didn't seem egregious, he didn't really lower his helmet or anything.

If every time two helmets hit we get an ejection, that's going to ruin the game.

That's kind of where I'm at. I get the spirit of the rule. All for it. But the receiver could have called fair catch to avoid everything. He chose to not call it and field a return, which is a known dangerous play. Players are always flying at punt returners.

FSU better not fuck around and lose this.

Lkr

If you hit someone in the head when you tackle them then your tackling form probably wasn't very good most of the time or you were intentionally trying to hit them in the head with your helmet. I think there are exceptions but they are rare.
If you don't wanna get crucified by a defender running right at you on a punt return, wave your hand in the air. I don't see why it is defenseless when you have the ball and are in stride. He had the ball and took a step or two into his return before getting drilled. People will always get hit in the head unless you get rid of tackling in general.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah, that looked like fairly textbook targeting to me. I'd be all for stricter rules on that front as concussions are a real issue.

The problem here is he fielded the punt and he was bending at the knees. So he wasn't exactly at standing running height.

I didn't like the call, but it was borderline cause of the punt receiver being low.

As someone else said bigger issue is it's just another issue on special teams which maybe should somehow just go away to make the game safer if that's the point of all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom