• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you fucking can. This kind of fucked up attitude is exactly why when the sanctions happened people were furious. Because it means point blank that the university learns and suffers NOTHING.

You can absolutely blame people for enabling them just like you can blame Baylor's new coaches and players for enabling their fucked up culture. Not to mention their new ball coach is scum on his own.

Aren't you enabling them by watching the game? Thus showing they're a draw in the ratings and thus putting them in a better position to get better bowl games if they can't make the CFP?

El_Chino

Yes you fucking can. This kind of fucked up attitude is exactly why when the sanctions happened people were furious. Because it means point blank that the university learns and suffers NOTHING.

You can absolutely blame people for enabling them just like you can blame Baylor's new coaches and players for enabling their fucked up culture. Not to mention their new ball coach is scum on his own.
It's obvious you have quite the crusade against Penn State but how are they "enabling" anything right now? Are you claiming that everyone at the Penn state football program is a pedophile?

JCizzle

Aren't you enabling them by watching the game? Thus showing they're a draw in the ratings and thus putting them in a better position to get better bowl games if they can't make the CFP?
Yeah, if you're going to connect to the kids playing right now, this isn't that crazy of a leap. Either go all in or realize there's a line of responsibility somewhere that's probably short of these kids

It's obvious you have quite the crusade against Penn State but how are they "enabling" anything right now? Are you claiming that everyone at the Penn state football program is a pedophile?

I have a crusade against sexual child abuse.

I don't think that should be a particularly controversial point of view.

The toxic fan culture still exists there. Penn St engaged in a 30 year coverup of child abuse and the worst thing that happened is a few year hardship before they were back in national title contention? And now the mentality isn't about how they've learned anything. They basically just want to pretend it never happened.

They refuse to acknowledge that the institution itself was rotten to the core at the highest levels. Which tells me they do not understand or care about what really went on and that the school prioritized football over the wellbeing of children.

So no they are not pedophiles. But they clearly are ok with it as long as they think it didn't involve the larger program and staff. Their attitudes are terrible.

El_Chino

cdyhybrid

Everyone? No.

Most of them are still defending a guy who harbored a pedophile though.

Everyone? No.

The most popular Penn State message boards engage in active victim blaming against Sandusky accusers and many now don't even believe him to be guilty, but the victim of a systemic attack against Penn State University.

And those are just fans on the internet.

StoopKid

Ohio State should get the death penalty

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Gotta love Penn State of all places using a "think of the kids!" defense.

They have no fucking shame whatsoever.

It's really repugnant.

But we've already normalized it. ESPN ran a pre-game normalizing it. The booth just now normalized it.

The university got away with enabling a child rape ring.

Everyone? No.

You'd be surprised by how many in the area don't and hope the man burns in hell for his sins. Outside of the crazies, I don't find many people who defend Paterno. If anything, I find more anger towards the idiots who continue their crusade of getting shit reversed and continue to paint fans as lunatics in the eyes of the nation.

The most popular Penn State message boards engage in active victim blaming against Sandusky accusers and many now don't even believe him to be guilty, but the victim of a systemic attack against Penn State University.

And those are just fans on the internet.

Let us not forget the university themselves had a game this season where they honored Joe Pa

You'd be surprised by how many in the area don't and hope the man burns in hell for his sins. Outside of the crazies, I don't find many people who defend Paterno. If anything, I find more anger towards the idiots who continue their crusade of getting shit reversed and continue to paint fans as lunatics in the eyes of the nation.

Call me when the university disowns him, it's the least they can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom