• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

But they also lost to Pitt and got blown the fuck out by Michigan.

That same Pitt team beat Clemson and Penn State was the hottest team in the country the last half of the season.

In a year with 127 flawed teams Penn State should have been in the top 4.

Stop treating child rape like an underdog story ESPN FFS.

God I hate when announcers start pretending like those sanctions weren't deserved and act all proud of Penn St.

they are saying that nobody currently involved in the program are involved at penn state. what's up with your crusade against some kids playing their hearts out? haha.

jfkgoblue

That same Pitt team beat Clemson and Penn State was the hottest team in the country the last half of the season.

In a year with 127 flawed teams Penn State should have been in the top 4.

Stop treating sanctions like this ESPN FFS.

Teams that get blown out by 40 generally don't make championship games.

I can't even pretend to forgive Penn St when they fought the sanctions the entire way when they deserved the death penalty. And the school and its fans still pretend like they are victims. I can admit that Penn St is a really good college football team, but it doesn't go beyond that. And the fans still want to honor Joe Paterno. Fuck them.

Velcro Fly

Got an amber alert on my TV interrupting the game

Half expected to see Penn St. had scored again by the time the game came back on.

ryseing

Teams that get blown out by 40 generally don't make championship games.

Normally I would agree, yes, but 2016 was an odd year with the exception of Alabama dominance.

Penn State showed drastic improvement over the second half of the season and won the conference. That should count for something. I'm not saying discount early results, but the committee should care more about how teams are currently playing going into the post season, instead of giving a spot to a limping Ohio State because reasons.

Hey remember how your entire athletic department and football program enabled a child rape ring for it's defensive coordinator for 30 years?

Oh right. Course nobody does, cause they're good again because the NCAA couldn't give them the death penalty legally and, like the scum they are, Penn State sued them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Penn State had 21 when I left near the end of halftime. Not even halfway through the 3rd quarter and they doubled their points?

El_Chino

they are saying that nobody currently involved in the program are involved at penn state. what's up with your crusade against some kids playing their hearts out? haha.
Nobody likes what happened but it's kind of dumb to blame/hate all these kids and coaches who weren't there when it happened in my opinion.

Blame the NCAA for not killing the program. You can't expect coaches/kids not wanting to play/coach there.

jfkgoblue

Normally I would agree, yes, but 2016 was an odd year with the exception of Alabama dominance.

Penn State showed drastic improvement over the second half of the season and won the conference. That should count for something. I'm not saying discount early results, but the committee should care more about how teams are currently playing going into the post season, instead of giving a spot to a limping Ohio State because reasons.

Well that loss is almost definitely why they were kept out. If they had been at least competitive with Michigan, they would have gotten in over OSU.

I do understand what you are saying though.

Nobody likes what happened but it's kind of dumb to blame/hate all these kids and coaches who weren't there when it happened in my opinion.

Blame the NCAA for not killing the program. You can't expect coaches/kids not wanting to play/coach there.

Except James franklin also has skeletons in his closet....

Velcro Fly

Having a player stand up and talk about proud tradition is the epitome of everything wrong with the program and the culture that let you shield a child rapist for 30 years.

Yes you fucking can. This kind of fucked up attitude is exactly why when the sanctions happened people were furious. Because it means point blank that the university learns and suffers NOTHING.

You can absolutely blame people for enabling them just like you can blame Baylor's new coaches and players for enabling their fucked up culture. Not to mention their new ball coach is scum on his own.

The NCAA for once didn't have the power to do the right thing. What little they did do was even an overstep. And it give it 10 years and people from Penn St will be arguing about how Paterno needs to be honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom