• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Mixon is PLAYING? I thought he was kicked off the team. He clocked a woman in the face and broke her jaw for Christs sake

He was suspended a couple of years ago. The video only just went public.

I've realized every fucking announcer is terrible and not a single one with convictions. They all basically end up saying yeah they did some bad stuff but FOOTBALL.

prag16

Banned
Gtfo with that shit

Seriously. Not a single person with any remote level of involvement is still anywhere near that program.

The only place I still see this type of shit is here, and extreme youtube-quality comment sections on various articles. Nowhere else. Good company we're keeping.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Seriously. Not a single person with any remote level of involvement is still anywhere near that program.

The only place I still see this type of shit is here, and extreme youtube-quality comment sections on various articles. Nowhere else. Good company we're keeping.

Yeah it isn't like Penn state celebrated Joe Paterno this year. They have completely divorced themselves from his and Sandusky's villainy...

Yeah it isn't like Penn state celebrated Joe Paterno this year. They have completely divorced themselves from his and Sandusky's villainy...

JoePa was a child rape enabler. But to Pedo State fans, he was a great guy who won a lot of football games that should be celebrated. Disgusting

BigAT

Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's not like the team held a ceremony this year celebrating the man that enabled a child rapist to successfully operate for 30 years.

BajiBoxer

Banned

That's bullshit. I see it all over the place.

Then you don't go enough places.

Fuck that program. Forever. They don't get a pass just because Paterno died.

He was suspended for a year. I am asking this sincerely, should he have a lifetime ban from organized football?

It was the year he redshirted, meaning no loss in eligibility whatsoever. No real punishment.

He sure as fuck doesn't deserve our hopes and wishes that he has a successful career.

And Stoops needs to be raked over the coals. He hasn't caught a bit of flak.

squicken

hell of a play by Mayfield

It was the year he redshirted, meaning no loss in eligibility whatsoever. No real punishment.

He sure as fuck doesn't deserve our hopes and wishes that he has a successful career.

But he's going to leave with a year left anyway. He would not have been redshirted had he not been suspended. I get people being mad but what is the appropriate punishment for CFB players who hit women?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
hell of a play by Mayfield

But he's going to leave with a year left anyway. He would not have been redshirted had he not been suspended. I get people being mad but what is the appropriate punishment for CFB players who hit women?

Getting kicked off the goddamn team. Obviously.

Velcro Fly

Oklahoma St. threw Tyreek Hill's dumb ass off the team immediately after he was arrested. Props to Gundy for knowing how to handle shit.

DominoKid

stoops has caught a shitload of flak for it. nothing but flak.

the problem is that nobody in the media cared to press the issue about it when it happened.

or at any point before the vid was released. i dont need to see a vid to imagine what a punch that broke a chick's face looks like.

Oklahoma St. threw Tyreek Hill's dumb ass off the team immediately after he was arrested. Props to Gundy for knowing how to handle shit.

That's because he's a man.

I'm of two minds about Mixon. Obviously the punishment wasn't enough at the time, but the tape release doesn't warrant additional. It's a question of does anyone deserve second chances, and can they be redeemed.

Velcro Fly

I mean Rhett Bomar took money for not working at a job and got tossed off the team. But that is an NCAA violation so of course they had to come down hard on him.

I'm so glad Chokelahoma is never good anymore. Win your shitty Big 12 every year and play in the shit bowl with 3 losses.

Gragen

I mean Rhett Bomar took money for not working at a job and got tossed off the team. But that is an NCAA violation so of course they had to come down hard on him.

I'm so glad Chokelahoma is never good anymore. Win your shitty Big 12 every year and play in the shit bowl with 3 losses.

They have 2 losses and the sugar bowl isn't a shit bowl.

Mixon punched a person and broke their jaw. I've learned here on GAF that there isn't a gender difference between a man or a woman.

Echo chambers are dangerous. Have you never commented on this site called ESPN.

squicken

Suspended or redshirted?

So sit out 2 years? Or have the suspension year count as a year of eligibility? Mixon was never going to exhaust his eligibility. Is the rule different for likely NFL prospect.

I certainly wish my team had only choir boys and won but that isn't real life. What is the right punishment and forgiveness for 18 year olds?

cdyhybrid

The school and the fans are still trying to preserve Paterno's legacy and trying to gloss over the fact that he literally let a pedophile rape kids in the football facilities for years.

The dude is trash and as long as that school and fanbase keep trying to paint him as anything else they can all get fucked.

So sit out 2 years? Or have the suspension year count as a year of eligibility? Mixon was never going to exhaust his eligibility. Is the rule different for likely NFL prospect.

I certainly wish my team had only choir boys and won but that isn't real life. What is the right punishment and forgiveness for 18 year olds?

Suspend him outside of the redshirt period, yes. If not expel him. He still could have gone the transfer/juco route and gotten to the NFL. Not like getting kicked off Oklahoma for beating a woman is going to hurt his NFL chances or anything.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

What other teams have players on their team that were video taped breaking a woman's jaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom