• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naudi

Banned
I just watch that mixon video, I mean technically she hit him first, but he was in no danger at anytime and could have walked away, was hard to watch. Don't think you can ban him for life or anything on first offense, let him turn it around. He is fun to watch run the ball though, pretty good.

DominoKid

So sit out 2 years? Or have the suspension year count as a year of eligibility? Mixon was never going to exhaust his eligibility. Is the rule different for likely NFL prospect.

I certainly wish my team had only choir boys and won but that isn't real life. What is the right punishment and forgiveness for 18 year olds?

kick him off the team and he's never allowed to play football again apparently.

never mind if you kick him out there will be a lot of programs lining to give him a chance. 5 star nailed-on pros don't grow on trees..

JCizzle

Mike Stoops seems like the most miserable guy ever. I would hate playing for him. Everytime I've seen him up there he's yelling like a lunatic

He would have gotten a second chance somewhere else. It makes Oklahoma and Stoops look bad, but it's not very far outside normal for college athletics.

Now we can argue how that entire process is a bad look, but that is probably for another time. The question really is does a person like that ever deserve a second chance? Do we consign him to what is probably a much poorer outcome for that mistake, or do we allow for some chances to turn things around?

I don't have the answer, I just thought it would be interesting to think about.

Naudi

Banned
Man. He can't throw very well lol. I remember him from Last Chance U though, cool to see him actually make it out of there.

DominoKid

Best part of the show was the producers implying that JF3 sucked and wasn't worthy of the hype, especially after being outplayed by a Mississippi State walkon.

that was the wildest thing to me. i could never understand how JF3's ego was just that fucking huge that he couldnt understand 1) the situation at hand and 2) how it was going to come across.

how can you act so above a place when you're obviously not even one of the best people there.

i'd bet he was most folks least favorite of the players highlighted in it

that was the wildest thing to me. i could never understand how JF3's ego was just that fucking huge that he couldnt understand 1) the situation at hand and 2) how it was going to come across.

how can you act so above a place when you're obviously not even one of the best people there.

i'd bet he was most folks least favorite of the players highlighted in it

He certainly was mine. Like, dude, you're a second string QB at a community college who's only being recruited cause you are really, really fast and can maybe throw 5 times a year.

You're not Mike Vick.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Mixon is PLAYING? I thought he was kicked off the team. He clocked a woman in the face and broke her jaw for Christs sake

Stoops literally said that if the punch happened in 2016 he would have had to dismiss him, but the world was different in the far off past of 2014.

I just watch that mixon video, I mean technically she hit him first, but he was in no danger at anytime and could have walked away, was hard to watch. Don't think you can ban him for life or anything on first offense, let him turn it around. He is fun to watch run the ball though, pretty good.

Don't know what you mean by no danger. She hit him so hard he told police it felt like a man hit him!

Velcro Fly

Cam got thrown out of Florida for stealing a laptop.

Isaiah Crowell got tossed out of Georgia for a gun arrest and failed drug test.

Dorial Green Beckham (who Stoops also wanted to take) got tossed off Mizzou for constantly being in trouble.

Guys get thrown off teams all the time both before and after the far flung time of 2014 for shit way less serious than jacking someone in the face.

Like on the one hand, I applaud that toughness.

On the other, you're a quarterback, you need your arm to throw, how could you not tell anybody.

Jamesways

Sean White broke his fucking arm on the first drive and didn't tell anybody.
What is this, hockey?!

Also, remember all year long when everyone kept ssying the B1G West was so trash tier they were the worst in cfb and couldn't beat a high school team?

Yeah baby! B1Gs only bowl wins! All West. Go Badgers, Golphers, and NW Mildcats!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Dorial Green Beckham (who Stoops also wanted to take) got tossed off Mizzou for constantly being in trouble.

Stoops DID take DGB.

He spent one season at Oklahoma, but he sat out due to the normal transfer rules. After that season was over he was eligible for the draft and went for it, so he never actually played for the Sooners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom