• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie the Wildcat - still the most disturbing mascot in college sports.

They tried to outdo him:

EcoKat1.jpg

Branduil

Bad sign for the refs when they miss the Kansas State QB throwing away the ball when he's like two yards past the line of scrimmage, LOL.

Branduil

Dang something on this page is making Avast go insane.

UCLA has more to fear from their own penalties than Kansas State's defense so far.

"Some fans may still be grumbling over the inaugural College Football Playoffs system, but ESPN is probably celebrating how the new system has worked out thus far. Thursday’s Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl are now officially the two most-watched cable telecasts in history.
The Rose Bowl scored an average of 28.2 million viewers; The Sugar Bowl earned 28.3 million."

Wow.

Draxal

"Some fans may still be grumbling over the inaugural College Football Playoffs system, but ESPN is probably celebrating how the new system has worked out thus far. Thursday’s Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl are now officially the two most-watched cable telecasts in history.
The Rose Bowl scored an average of 28.2 million viewers; The Sugar Bowl earned 28.3 million."

Wow.

Yeah I mentioned it before, playoffs are expanding super fast.

First I was against this, but man there are so many meaningless bowl games that an expanded playoff would remove.

Yeah I mentioned it before, playoffs are expanding super fast.

First I was against this, but man there are so many meaningless bowl games that an expanded playoff would remove.

Not necessarily. With teams continuing to crawl up from FCS, the bowls should still be able to fill slots even if the playoff expands to 8, particularly if the quarters are at home stadiums so less bowl sites have to pull double duty.

Maybe it would get rid of bowl games, but equally if not more likely is bowls would shift dates and maybe Fox Sports would pick up a handful.

AntoneM

UCLA is bringing pressure on D and taking shots down the field on first down. I'm not sure what else you think they should do.

Rushing 4 on D is bringing pressure?

Taking shots down field is risky though, too risky, but risky. You're right on that

--edit--
welp there is a sack on a 4 man rush so what do I know, lol

Not necessarily. With teams continuing to crawl up from FCS, the bowls should still be able to fill slots even if the playoff expands to 8, particularly if the quarters are at home stadiums so less bowl sites have to pull double duty.

Maybe it would get rid of bowl games, but equally if not more likely is bowls would shift dates and maybe Fox Sports would pick up a handful.
Really, half the bowls should just disappear, there's like what, 38 of them now?

Really, half the bowls should just disappear, there's like what, 38 of them now?

I wouldn't complain about that. I've said a handful of times around here that 6-6, 7-5 teams have no business in a bowl game, particularly after you know many of them only won 2 or 3 games in conference and the rest against lower tier schools. I'd go so far as to limit it to schools with a minimum of 9 wins.

TS-08

Rushing 4 on D is bringing pressure?

Taking shots down field is risky though, too risky, but risky. You're right on that

--edit--
welp ther is a sack on a 4 man rush so what do I know, lol

They brought more than 4 a few times this half. They've gotten at least two sacks that I can think of this half too.

Haha what did that fan do? Streak?

ag-my001

"A fan that went too far" is not the normal way to describe a streaker. They usually try not to acknowledge them at all. Wonder what this guy did to get special mention.

bachikarn

I wouldn't complain about that. I've said a handful of times around here that 6-6, 7-5 teams have no business in a bowl game, particularly after you know many of them only won 2 or 3 games in conference and the rest against lower tier schools. I'd go so far as to limit it to schools with a minimum of 9 wins.

I'm fine with it. No one has to watch the bowl games, and it gives the players one more game. It's also important cos it's like 15 days of extra practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom