• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Getting the feeling we're watching Kirk Ferentz's last game with Iowa.

They have needed to get rid of him for ages. He has been terrible for a looong while now and it's been absurd that Iowa fans have not gotten up in arms about it. I am half rooting for Tenn to destroy them so Iowa fans finally get him pushed out so they can get a decent coach in there.

andycapps

q20gBVt.jpg

Go Vawls

nah they fought against an OSU/Michigan rematch though, unlike a certain title game 5 years later...

You are misremembering. They had a countdown on screen for about a month before the game. Then said that was effectively the NC. Gary Danielson was the only talking head who thought UF should be in.

Oregon's offense is a cut above the teams FSU played this year but there were games that FSU should have lost. Miami, NC State, BC to name a few. If those teams had just gone for jugular on offense we'd have lost at least 2 games. I thought FSU was going to lose at least 1 game and that they needed it. They sleepwalked their way to the playoffs.

No way they sleepwalked. They came from behind or won in the last second a lot. That's some excellent team building experience.

No way. Herbstreit in particular lobbied hard for Michigan to be in the NC. EVERYONE thought OSU was going to curb stomp UF. ESPN only got off the Big 10s nuts in 2007 when OSU lost in the NC again, and the rest of the Big 10 was a disappointment.

I mean, you know the Big 10 is down when Zook makes the Rose Bowl (also lol at Illinois firing him. Like they are in any better shape).

Kirk even said after UF was picked, (paraphrased) "In my heart I feel the NC game should be a rematch." Even I thought we were gonna get blown out. Until the second quarter, I think.

ESPN is an entertainment network so they are always going to hype like that. But they'll back off the SEC until we put together another run like 06-12.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
2015 so far:

Auburn lost (check)
Oregon blows out Florida State (check)
Alabama lost (check)
Tennessee dominates Iowa (check)

heymanning.gif

Tamanon

Banned
My Pirates are standing between the SEC and a winning bowl record.

Gators are well-positioned to handle our offense pretty well, but we'll see if Carden and Hardy can blow some minds on their last game.

Karl2177

She's not even the most interesting Ohio State girl they showed last night. https://vine.co/v/OwLKQ26DFQJ

Getting the feeling we're watching Kirk Ferentz's last game with Iowa.

I hope not. Being an Iowa State fan, it's good to know that Kirk is the coach for our rival. Even if we have a god-awful 2-10 season, we can take solace in the fact that Kirk gave us one of our 2 wins.

MIMIC

Banned

Heh, I remember seeing that video during the game. But I was distracted by the guy behind her who was trying to calm Buckeye Nation down.

From the article:

"That IS her boyfriend, but she just realized she forgot to turn the oven off. It's still at 350 degrees after cooking that pizza before the big game. Now it's a matter of worrying [whether] the house will burn down. Can an oven left on at 350 burn the place down? Surely not... but maybe?"

xD

Meier

Bama fans, Blake Barnett has been terrible. Apparently been awful all week in practice.. keep your fingers crossed it's a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom