• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Congratulations, Ohio State University and Urban Meyer for becoming the 2nd coach alongside Nick Saban for winning championships at multiple schools.

Well played despite the turnovers.

Ezekiel with 246 rushing yards. HOLY SHIT Shit shit...

The 3rd Stringer won't have to go back to playing video games all day right? =D

Good stuff to him, both running and throwing the ball. Next year's playoff will most certainly be ridiculous.

I mostly stayed with the ESPN Voices, and it was fine except for Julie bringing in a Vuvuzuela, Barry's loud laughing 4Head, and a conversation derailing into too much information about what happens when you have to go during the game.

Lunar15

While I'm actually happy for Ohio State and Meyer, I can't deny that it stings a bit knowing that in some timeline we could have still had Meyer at UF.

And just knowing that he was sitting on, not one, not two, but three good QB's is just salt in the wound.

YESSSSS

My jinx worked far better than I could have ever imagined

Also: It's so weird to see Ohio State on the good side of an absolute beatdown in a bowl game

YESSSSS

My jinx worked far better than I could have ever imagined

Also: It's so weird to see Ohio State on the good side of an absolute beatdown in a bowl game

Yeah this feels weird.....

Aladdin_-_A_Whole_New_World_(1).gif

I still cannot believe this postseason run.

Underdogs against a Heisman Trophy finalist in the B1G CG: shut him down.
Underdogs against a Heisman Trophy finalist against Bama: minimized him.
Underdogs against the Heisman Trophy winner in the Natty: held him to 20 points.

All with a third-string quarterback. Amazing.

Glad I put a little bit of money on the Bucks when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago!

Underdogs against the Heisman Trophy winner in the Natty: held him to 20 points.

Glad I put a little bit of money on the Bucks when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago!

Vegas is losing their shit right now. OSU went down to 100/1 odds after Braxton went down

Draxal

Grats tOSU, glad to see there's another Big Ten school capable of beating a Pac 12 north school this year.

edit. (sorry nw/sparty fans).

This whole season has been FUCKING CRAZY.

WE LOST TO VIRGINIA TECH!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS SEASON.

So betting $100 for tOSU to win the national championship just before the Wisconsin game would have netted those guys 10 grand? damn!

I think it dropped way before the game, think it was int eh 20s before wiscy game but still a good chunk.

reports in gas is being shot into student crowds on OSU campus

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Houston Football ‏@UHCougarFB 22m22 minutes ago Arlington, TX
Congrats to @CoachTomHerman! Want to play for a national champion? Come join @UHCougarFB #GoCoogs
B7NOwXICIAAW_Hr.jpg
You see, Larry, You see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

I think it dropped way before the game, think it was int eh 20s before wiscy game but still a good chunk.

reports in gas is being shot into student crowds on OSU campus

Yeah, it dropped to 12/1 by the time I got down there for New Years. I always throw $20 on OSU when I'm down there every year.

I don't know if mention but Cordnale Jones has alittle of Daunte Culpepper/Cam in his passing. Has a future in the NFL

E: Kudos to whoever bet on Ohio St. early in season. In early Nov Ohio St & Oregon were at 10/1.

Man looking at the stats we straight shut down Oregons run game, 132 yards?, unreal. they couldnt get their "tempo" going all game.

already paying off:

@GerdOZone 13s14 seconds ago
In other news, OSU landed a commitment from the '16 #1 RB, a '17 5-star CB, and '15 5-star DT Terry Beckner named OSU his leader tonight.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Congrata to OSU, shame I didn't get to watch the game. Team is pretty young isn't it? Have to imagine the chances of a repeat are high.

Congrata to OSU, shame I didn't get to watch the game. Team is pretty young isn't it? Have to imagine the chances of a repeat are high.

Only lose like 4 or 5 guys, entire core is back

@BenAxelrod 3m3 minutes ago Arlington, TX
Per Jeff Heuerman, Urban Meyer said he’d get a tattoo if Ohio State won the national title.

I need to find my post where i jokingly suggested Cardale was going to go on to win us a National Title.

You could say........

I knew something

Piggus

Man looking at the stats we straight shut down Oregons run game, 132 yards?, unreal. they couldnt get their "tempo" going all game.

already paying off:

In other news, OSU landed a commitment from the '16 #1 RB, a '17 5-star CB, and '15 5-star DT Terry Beckner named OSU his leader tonight.

Yeah you guys did a good job stopping us on 3rd down too. We were 2 for 12 on third down conversions. :/

I was really impressed with your defense and appalled by our offense at the same time. :p

cdyhybrid

Yeah you guys did a good job stopping us on 3rd down too. We were 2 for 12 on third down conversions. :/

I was really impressed with your defense and appalled by our offense at the same time. :p

You guys got dominated at the line of scrimmage. Hard to win like that.

Kevtones

Really thought it came down to coaching when OSU had the ball. They were mixing up their guard pulls and straights like crazy. Really hard to follow and Oregon was getting really distracted instead of just playing assignment.

However, when they'd play 'at home' Elliot would would take it to them. I give credit to OSU's wideouts for some outstanding catches in the early game too. Oregon's DBs played great cover on some throws but the OSU WRs made the final plays. These are throws/catches that changed the trajectory.

Had Oregon caught those early ones I think the game changes, maybe not, but I think it changes the flavor. Oh well, no excuses - Oregon had a shot in 4th and couldn't stop them.

And to think, only 2 players on offense were 1st team all B1G and our coach isnt even the best coach in the league! Imagine what jerry kill could have done in the playoffs!!

Had Oregon caught those early ones I think the game changes, maybe not, but I think it changes the flavor. Oh well, no excuses - Oregon had a shot in 4th and couldn't stop them.

In retrospect it might not have been all that important, but that one wide-open dropped pass by Stanford (I think) felt like an absolutely massive fuckup.

He catches that and the entire game might have played out differently.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
In retrospect it might not have been all that important, but that one wide-open dropped pass by Stanford (I think) felt like an absolutely massive fuckup.

He catches that and the entire game might have played out differently.

Nah. Oregon had plenty of "momentum" plays in the second and third quarter but Zeke kept running down their throat effectively and the defense kept holding up. This game was not going to be affected by the mythical momentum. They might have scored on that drive had he caught the ball. But I don't think the game turns out amy different.

bachikarn

So if OSU is as young as Urban keeps saying, I'm guessing they'll be pre-season #1. Will be interesting to see how he handles that considering how much he hated the 2009 season when he was in a similar situation.

cdyhybrid

Is this when we pretend Ohio State was a persecuted underdog despite consistently recruiting top-10 classes, employing one of the two best coaches in college football, and being one of the most successful college programs ever?

Just checking.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is this when we pretend Ohio State was a persecuted underdog despite consistently recruiting top-10 classes, employing one of the two best coaches in college football, and being one of the most successful college programs ever?

Just checking.

To be fair idk any real fan who is shocked. I think people were more shocked about how the semis went with the scores.

andycapps

National Champs, ya'll!

WVwamjx.jpg

Congrats Buckeyes! Urban is still an asshole, though.

bachikarn said:
So if OSU is as young as Urban keeps saying, I'm guessing they'll be pre-season #1. Will be interesting to see how he handles that considering how much he hated the 2009 season when he was in a similar situation.

Most likely. They might be in the same position as FSU was this year where nobody knows how good they are since they don't play anybody good until the last two weeks of the season. What a joke of a schedule.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
There is so much crow to be found from back in sept

swing and a miss

This was always bullshit. Look at the middling teams in Florida for proof that its bullshit. I won't say kids don't care about warm weather and all that other stuff, but when it comes to football, they care about two main things:

1. Who is the coach?
2. Can he get me to the league?

Thats pretty much it.

TS-08

already paying off:

Although OSU has a good shot at him, I just wanted to point out that Beckner did not name them his leader. The Twitter account that that came from is not actually him. It's just some troll account that popped up recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom