• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Was a great game for the spectators. I read some where that the crowd was a sell-out at nearly 80,000+? Is this accurate?

The stadium can hold 82k, so I mean its possible in theory, dunno if it actually did that though. Still a good crowd though. def 70k range+ i bet.

andycapps

Still trying to figure out how navy's blocking is legal
Now you understand my bitching every time we play Georgia Tech.

Posted yet?

M7lBMJZ.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Georgia southern is leading NC State

Georgia southern is on a mission to defeat all of mre's alma mater's.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
COLLLLLLLLLEEGGGGGGEEEEE FOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTBBAAAALLLLLLLL!

Best time of the year! Every other sporty can eat it, as far as I am considered.

WinoMcCougarstein (or whatever) : Your Cougs looked good, even with the loss. Love to see that air raid offense take flight. 56 passes against 14 rushes, 532 passing yards, 5 tds, etc. Hope you guys tear it up this year.

A couple of other good games so far. Enjoyed seeing BYU pound UConn last night. D looked good, offense was firing against an obviously lost home team. My Huskers better dominate FAU today. It better not even resemble a game. If it is any amount of sloppy with ball control or penalties, I am going to be pissed, since that has been our crutch for the last 6 years.

Good season, everyone!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Georgia southern is leading NC State

Georgia southern is on a mission to defeat all of mre's almamata's.

If they played and beat Alabama, I would derive an entire seasons worth of pleasure out of the fallout and mass exodus of self congratulatory SEC Homers from the discussion when they talk about the conference's depth and skill.

andycapps

Before MCU fans jump off a bridge, I'd wait and see what happens in the second half. Triple option offenses cause problems for teams that don't face that type of offense often. I predicted that this game would be close until the second half.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If they played and beat Alabama, I would derive an entire seasons worth of pleasure out of the fallout and mass exodus of self congratulatory SEC Homers from the discussion when they talk about the conference's depth and skill.

They did play a couple of years ago, Alabama only won by 14 or 21, and gave up 300 rushing yards. Think they might be the best triple option team going

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
They did play a couple of years ago, Alabama only won by 14 or 21, and gave up 300 rushing yards. Think they might be the best triple option team going

Now that you say that, I remember the game. The triple option is difficult as hell to coach against, isn't it?

Makes me yearn for a simpler time of power rush offenses. Watching two excellent rush offenses going up against each other is a sight to behold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom