• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
rottenecard_76318995_s8vzr3bnrc.png

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Im not saying they cant have big returns, but theres so many injuries on kick returns. I wouldnt risk my star player returning them.

They must think that the potential positives out weigh the potential risks. I agree that with Gurley's injury history it is a bit of an odd move, but hey it's working for them right now!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Happy with WVUs performance. Annoyed work shooting ourselves in the foot a few times, but I expected to get blown or so I can't complain. Hopefully we can win 7-8 games and start bouncing back from the 4-8 debacle last year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We quietly ended up with 530+ yards.

Offense didn't have many problems, besides not being able to hit wide open guys and Christion Jones DroppingCon.

Sylvie and that kickoff return...

Run defense and pressure looked better in the 2nd half, but if the QB is accurate and throws to the most open WR, not much a defense can do.

Now, just hope that WVU quietly got 4-6 wins better than last year.

pxleyes

Banned
Standing in the concourse, watching the lightning slowly eat into my night. Game might not start till 9. Right now it's 8:05.

Some moron on ESPN Radio preceded the OSU/Navy recap by saying Ohio State ended last season by getting "blown out" by Clemson. So 40-35 is a blowout by ESPN standards?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So Texas appears to have lost its last bar in NYC. #thanksmack

In 2010 we had like 7 bars. I found a shitty bar in the Village where they at least have the LHN and me and my bros can pound shot glasses on our heads. Since it doesn't appear to exist North of 14th st.

Offense didn't have many problems, besides not being able to hit wide open guys and Christion Jones DroppingCon.

Sylvie and that kickoff return...

Run defense and pressure looked better in the 2nd half, but if the QB is accurate and throws to the most open WR, not much a defense can do.

Now, just hope that WVU quietly got 4-6 wins better than last year.

WVU is projected to finish 8th out of 10 in the Big 12. We'll see if they exceed expectations or not

In 2010 we had like 7 bars. I found a shitty bar in the Village where they at least have the LHN and me and my bros can pound shot glasses on our heads. Since it doesn't appear to exist North of 14th st.

You mean 2011 right? I was in LA the first year of LHN, and there was one Texas Ex bar that had bootleg LHN to show all the games. On the first night against Rice it was packed like sardines. Thank God the bar owner locked out the fire marshal.

Making room for Aggy bars?

Can Aggies tolerate Manhattan?

Some moron on ESPN Radio preceded the OSU/Navy recap by saying Ohio State ended last season by getting "blown out" by Clemson. So 40-35 is a blowout by ESPN standards?

During the Bama-WVU game, it was mentioned that UCLA "rolled" earlier. UCLA did a lot of things earlier. None of them could be described as "rolling" though. ESPN announcers like to sensationalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom