• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 3 |OT| The Splatening

The_hunter

Remember to buy a shirt instantly when this gets revealed, if you want one. They always make real life shirts for the final splatfest.
They're up
oS3ApkI.jpeg

Tams

Just like the previous two games, I've fallen off the Splatfest bandwagon.

They're just too similar, and often feel incredibly unfair, which isn't what you want from entertainment.

The_hunter

Just like the previous two games, I've fallen off the Splatfest bandwagon.

They're just too similar, and often feel incredibly unfair, which isn't what you want from entertainment.
The only one really worth playing so far was the Zelda splatfest, with the pyramid map.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Anyone else hyped for the grand festival next month?

31924db1fe1a0a5a

85758ed6ed5d0315

My Nintendo Online membership isn't currently active anymore but I'm planning to sub again for a month just for this event. Seems like it's going to be a ton of fun.

Nydius

My Nintendo Online membership isn't currently active anymore but I'm planning to sub again for a month just for this event. Seems like it's going to be a ton of fun.

Ditto. I haven't played S3 in a while so I'm going to be rusty but I'll resub for at least a month to play in this final fest. I haven't missed a final splatfest in any of the Splatoon games yet.

As for the theme, I'm reminded of this saying:
If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.

So, team Present it is.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I had enough eshop gold coins to end up getting my 1 month sub for free and then I chose team future.
I'm hyped for next weekend!

Tams

Unfortunately, I'm busy all of next weekend and mught be worse for wear every morning.

But I seem to play best when drunk, so... maybe I can squeeze in a match or two.

Oh, and team Present ftw!

Last edited:

Nydius

LOL at the Nintendo folks who thought 700M eggs was going to be a difficult community goal. Done in 12 hours. Now it’s 800M for a bonus. About to break that one too. Might as well just go straight to

ONE
BILLION
DOLLARS EGGS

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I want the new splatoon amiibo but it looks like i missed the train. Anyone know anywhere they are still for sale?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I didn’t expect so much for the grand festival but this is really cool. I’m going to be kinda sad when it’s over. Let’s go team future!

Nydius

Reached Present Champion and kinda fizzled out. I guess after three games in the franchise I've reached a point where I'm burned out with competitive multiplayer. I still really enjoy the single player puzzles and Salmon Run so I'd probably still buy a Splatoon 4 on the Switch 2 just for those things alone.

It also doesn't help that damn near every match I've played has felt pointless because I've played against Team Present all but four times. Only played against Future once and Past three times.

I want to talk about how cool this game is. I have never played Splatoon until 3 and I got to experience Grand Festival a few weeks back. I have never played a game that has so much variety and swagger all over the place. Its style and personality reminds me of why I love games like Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and Jet Set Radio. Also I love the single player. Can never say I have ever played a third person shooter platform puzzle solver before. Also the online is sick as hell. I play casually but I love the multiplayer and how even if I am not doing good I can still contribute to my teams victory in some way, and Salmon Run is Gears of War 2 Horde mode but in my opinion way better. Overall I have had a blast with this game and if they ever make a Splatoon 4 on the new console you can count me being there. I love this game, and the people that inhabit and play in this weird world that I love messing around in. Also the color are so nice in this game and the music is fire. See you in the Splatlands.

Top Bottom