• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I for one am shocked that ACC refs could blow an end game, potentially game changing call like that. I mean there's no precedent for such a thing. I for one think they should have reviewed the call and picked up the flag but you can't do that.......can you?

ag-my001

Wonder if the refs are going to be punished again. Because that was ridiculous and very possibly changed the outcome of the game.
This should be the lead story somewhere. The pros pick postseason refs based on which set did the best. Here we have the arguably worst platoon in the the entire sport. If this was scheduled ahead is time, how did it not get changed after the Duke game?!

Auteezy

Banned
It's guna be Stanford vs Ohio State. That's the best draw for the Rose Bowl. Stanford finishes 5th or 6th out of the playoff.

SC probably gets the holiday bowl again because it's close and it's warm.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So is Iowa for real or is MSU also a bunch of frauds? Because that game was really close and competitive.

You don't go 12-0 if you aren't for real. Iowa deserves respect for what they've done this season.

2014 Sugar Bowl, baby...

Revenge would be great, but Bama would get toasted. Defense would slow them down but OU's defense is too good for Bama's poor offense to keep up.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
So is Iowa for real or is MSU also a bunch of frauds? Because that game was really close and competitive.
I think a bit of both. Iowa had a solid defense and Sparty always plays to the level of their competition.

What an end to a game. Iowa has absolutely nothing to hang their head over.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Despite for years especially the media saying fans always bitch about calls just cause it's obvious to anyone with a brain Refs are changing out comes of games on a weekly bases with bad calls.

You don't go 12-0 if you aren't for real. Iowa deserves respect for what they've done this season.

Revenge would be great, but Bama would get toasted. Defense would slow them down but OU's defense is too good for Bama's poor offense to keep up.

Bama's got the Heisman favourite, though. Henry will run over that defense.

Sulik2

That Michigan State drive was incredible.

All penalties in football need to be reviewable. If you have video proof a guy in the booth needs to be able to fix these terrible calls like what just happened to NC.

Auteezy

Banned

All penalties in football need to be reviewable. If you have video proof a guy in the booth needs to be able to fix these terrible calls like what just happened to NC.

First it was the fail mary. Then it was the Rodgers Facemask. And now it's the UNC offsides. When will THEY learn?

DominoKid

It wouldve been nice to have a drive to tie the champ game but tbh I checked out cause even if we won we werent making the playoffs. And thats what I wanted more than anything.

Everybody saw this shit since all the other games were over so its gonna be a huge story about how we got fucked.

Kusagari

There was a point in the fourth quarter where Alabama had held Florida to only 82 total yards. The Gators had 83 total yards in the first quarter. Yes, you are reading that correctly.

Even with that ridiculous stat, Florida quarterback Treon Harris feels like Alabama’s defense isn’t all that special.

“(Alabama) isn’t the best defense we played,” Harris told SEC Country. “They’re not hard to figure out what they are doing. Their up front guys are very physical and strong. The scheme they run just works well for those guys.”

So which team had the best defense that Florida played this season?

“LSU,” Harris said. “They have great corners everywhere, safeties, defensive linemen. Alabama doesn’t have (defensive backs) like (LSU).”

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/florida-qb-treon-harris-alabama-isnt-the-best-defense-we-played

Guys I think Treon isn't very smart.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

In an era where my fucking phone can stream a live HD feed of a game everyone and their mother no matter where they are on the planet can get a crystal clear view of Refs just totally blowing shit when it matters.

The idea of just being okay with that and not trying to change shit cause Refs judgement calls is how it's always been is fucking asinine.

Refs this year lol

anyway, no chaos at all this year, oh well

so, playoff teams:
Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Michigan State

and the teams in the other NY6 bowls:
Stanford
Ohio State
Iowa
Notre Dame
Florida State
TCU
Ole Miss? (Sugar Bowl does call for an SEC team there)
Houston

Sulik2

Connor Cook clearly is not the same since the shoulder injury. He's honestly a liability at this point.

If he was healthy it probably would have been a rout.

He should be healthy by the playoff I would assume. Should make Mich St. a much more dangerous team.

Didn't see it. But sorry, refs deserve every bit of ire sent towards them. I'd have laid into them so hard. Fines be damned.
He said to all Clemson team to win it all..

Also lol Watson asking for Sprite during a game sponsored by Dr Pepper.
I know sprite and Dr pepper are still from same company

ryseing

Refs this year lol

anyway, no chaos at all this year, oh well

so, playoff teams:
Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Michigan State

and the teams in the other NY6 bowls:
Stanford
Ohio State
Iowa
Notre Dame
Florida State
TCU
Ole Miss? (Sugar Bowl does call for an SEC team there)
Houston

Ole Miss is the likely SEC rep, yes.

Iowa gets a spot but it won't be roses- that'll be OSU.

BeerGoogles

Neo Member
Everybody saw this shit since all the other games were over so its gonna be a huge story about how we got fucked.

Sadly, I don't think it'll be the focus very long. Everyone will move on to the playoff and bowl matchups once they are announced. I wish that wasn't the case.

All calls should be reviewable. That was some pure, pure bullshit. Clemson should not feel good about that win at all. ACC should fire those refs. No game deserves to end on that note. Regardless of if UNC would have won or not, they have should have had a chance to. Now, there will always be doubt as to who really was the better team out there tonght.

Auteezy

Banned
He said to all Clemson team to win it all..

Also lol Watson asking for Sprite during a game sponsored by Dr Pepper.
I know sprite and Dr pepper are still from same company

dr pepper isnt owned by coke or pepsi. But sprite is produced by coke. Dr. Pepper is rare in that it lets both companies distribute its product

Top Bottom