• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

cdyhybrid

So DL/special teams coach Jeff Choate left to coach Montana State (good for him, he was a good coach for us), and Brent Pease's contract is not being renewed (good for us).

Wonder who we'll get to replace them. Not too concerned about the defense since our DC is still in place, and he seemed to be the brains behind most of the defense's success. Our WRs were largely a disappointment this season, so losing Pease isn't really meaningful at all.

You are all surprised that Rutgers made a better hire than South Carolina.

You should not be.

Our AD is peerless, world class, and a brilliant strategist. Our coach is the hottest rising star in all of college football.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well this is the 2nd year in a row I want none of the teams to win. Alabama has already had too many Nattys this decade, MSU winning would cause the B1G to go back to back in national championships which would further falsely inflate that conferences perception. Clemson winning would put an end to Clempsoning, and fuck OU.

Better luck for me next year I guess
I dug up my predictions from the off-season thread and it was ugly
Champion: Alabama
Looks like you have at least a small reason to pull for one of those teams.

andycapps

Wait South Carolina is really going to hire Coach Boom? what a terrible hire.
It's not like they had their pick of coaches.

The Kirby Smart hire will be official after a 12:30 teleconference with UGA Board of Directors. Kirby met with UGA admin in Atlanta last night and finalized the details. Announcement expected this afternoon, press conference tomorrow.

Since Muschamp won't be taking the UGA DC job, Pruitt is an option but most aren't expected him to be retained. Too much bad blood with him there. He and Rocker didn't get along at all, and rumors are that if Pruitt were retained, Rocker wouldn't come back.

thefro

Sounding like Hoosiers v.s. Dukies in the Pinstripe Bowl

Should actually be a real good turnout for two "basketball schools" given both teams' sizable alumni bases in NYC.

mre

There's a $9.95 rumor going around that if Smart doesn't coach during the playoffs that we could be dropped out of the top 4. The thinking being we're not the same team without his coaching.

andycapps

There's a $9.95 rumor going around that if Smart doesn't coach during the playoffs that we could be dropped out of the top 4. The thinking being we're not the same team without his coaching.
All the Bama players think he's coaching through the playoffs but maybe that changed after his meeting with UGA admin last night?

I think they'd be okay. Saban would have quite a while to get ready.

mre

Holy shit, South Carolina is paying Muschamp $6m+? Please, God, tell me that's not true. :jnc

andycapps

If he got SCAR to pay $6m, he's the modern day P.T. Barnum, that's for damned sure.
That would put him at number 3 in the country, ahead of Urban Meyer. :jnc

If USCe paid their 4th or 5th choice 6 million a year then they're really desperate not to be turned down again.

andycapps

Watch, he'll do really well there. That's my nightmare.
The talent level there is really low right now. It's going to tough sledding for him. I expect the defense to be well coached and play beyond their talent like Vandy did this year, but there are no playmakers.

Nialrot, I saw that last night. Thought about posting it but I figured someone already had. Crazy. Houston already terminated the contract with CSC.

Holy shit, South Carolina is paying Muschamp $6m+? Please, God, tell me that's not true. :jnc

Did they not watch the Muschamp Gators at all? That's gotta be a fake number. 6 million?

That would put him at number 3 in the country, ahead of Urban Meyer. :jnc

If USCe paid their 4th or 5th choice 6 million a year then they're really desperate not to be turned down again.

1) I would not be surprised him Columbus doesn't bump Urban's pay a bit thanks to Jimmy Haslam.

2) rejection hurts the soul Andy.. Sometimes, we are desperate for love..

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

:jnc

Who are they suggesting would get in instead? 2-loss Stanford? A B1G team that didn't win their conference?

That would be absolute lunacy. Maybe it's a trick to get subscribers, and the articles just says, "Sucker. Got your $9.95."

squicken

Coaches ballots

pbAqrgt.jpg

Draconian

SC's going to hire Muschamp? Dude must have Kiffin's agent or something, though I suppose they're desperate enough to try anybody.

Looks like espn.com leaked the playoffs accidently:

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 MSU
4 OU

Looks like MSU jumped OU, which sucks. Really wanted them in the first round.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
State got screwed. They could take out Clemson and match up well against them. They have almost zero chance against a Saban/Alabama team with 4 weeks to plan.

squicken

MSU was the most desirable opponent for the other 3 teams. But MSU also deserved to jump OU. OSU, Michigan, Oregon and Iowa. Those a 4 really good wins, even if they were all really close

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL Bama is already a 9-point favorite.

CSC event staff/contractors providing security for the AAC game in Houston felt the need to beat the crap out of the fans as they ran on the field to celebrate even though the field was packed with fans already.

Unreal...

http://deadspin.com/fake-cops-under-fire-for-beating-shit-out-of-houston-fa-1746471340?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
Yeah Houston put a really quick and strong statement. They've already terminated the contract too.

Top Bottom