• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colors! 3D |OT| Art, in 3D. (Also in 2D on iOS)

CrisKre

second painting:

_61038.jpg

Zornica

Banned
I am always baffled when I see those Colors! drawings. I can't even comprehend how someone is able to do this, I sure couldn't.
Makes me kinda jealous tbh :/
anyway, great work, keep them coming!

M3d10n

Let's try to avoid hot-linking to the drawings from site, I wouldn't want to risk killing it.

Anyway, I did my first drawing! I used a photo as reference, but I swear I didn't trace it (I put it in the top screen).

(Click to watch it in the gallery)

The layers help a *lot* compared to the original.

These are looking great! Everyone is doing awesome stuff.
As soon as I finish some of my stuff for this deadline, I'm gonna jump on and do some more paintings!

watershed

Banned
I can't wait to buy this tonight. Does anyone know if I will have issues making a purchase off the eshop if I have a US 3ds and am in Korea or if I will have any trouble with the Colors online gallery?

Cranzor

Here's my first actual painting after getting familiar with it.
OL8cu.jpg

Inspired by Kid Icarus as I just finished it. I'm not a good artist by any means. You guys are putting me to shame! Keep it up.

idwl

Here's my first actual painting after getting familiar with it.
OL8cu.jpg

Inspired by Kid Icarus as I just finished it. I'm not a good artist by any means. You guys are putting me to shame! Keep it up.
hahahahaha thats more like it. I was looking at the above paintings and thinking I could never do those. This is more at my level.

Now I just have to wait for my friend to finish playing sm3dl and give me back my ds to download this

The M.O.B

3 Gaffers in the "Best of the Week" on the Colors! Gallery front page. Congrats.

Time for me to enter the fray............Are stick figures good?

troushers

I'm in Europe so... still waiting. Will buy this straight away. I came across it in the shop, and was very interested. I'm glad there is a whole backend to upload pictures - that was my main concern.

Is there an obvious way I'm missing to browse to the gallery site and view the pictures there in 3d? All the ones I've looked at online are 2d.

watershed

Banned
Holy shit, Color3d is awesome! I just downloaded it and started messing around. I can already tell this will consume all my free time. This thing is a 3ds killer app, I hope it sells well.

watershed

Banned
The paintings on the online gallery are seriously impressive and I love how you can shift the painting to an angle in real time to see the different layers. The whole app is really well thought out.

BDGAME

I brought today this software. I spend a entire hour only look all the amazing art that are in gallery. The community of this software is awesome!

I will try to make my first draw on it now.

giggas

3 Gaffers in the "Best of the Week" on the Colors! Gallery front page. Congrats.

Time for me to enter the fray............Are stick figures good?

Very cool! Nice work from everyone on here. I'm looking forward to checking them out in 3D, only browsed the 2D versions on the PC so far.

watershed

Banned
I just finished my first 3d painting and I'm uploading it the colors gallery using the same name as I use here. I also saved a copy to my 3ds sd card but I don't know how to get it onto my computer to share here. I don't have an sd card reader unfortunately, can someone help me out?

Edit: nevermind its below.

_61711.jpg

giggas

I just finished my first 3d painting and I'm uploading it the colors gallery using the same name as I use here. I also saved a copy to my 3ds sd card but I don't know how to get it onto my computer to share here. I don't have an sd card reader unfortunately, can someone help me out?

You can go to the website it and pull it from there as soon as it's uploaded. In fact...

http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=33716

There's your link.

these guys seem to have given up on their ios version. no ipad release.....no update since june of 2011?

release something for the ipad guys so i can give you my money.

AzVal

There's layers in this? Jeez, now I have to buy this :/

There are layers as in 5 different depts levels to draw but works as other software layers if you show it in 2D.

For those in Latin America I was able to buy it from the Brazilian store as I learned here on Gaf, and I am not in or from Brazil.

Bakphoon

I NEED this. And i know i WILL buy the Wii U version day 1. I keep wondering why they aren't using pressure sensivity though. The 3DS is able to do that.

Theonik

I NEED this. And i know i WILL buy the Wii U version day 1. I keep wondering why they aren't using pressure sensivity though. The 3DS is able to do that.
It's a technical limitation, while the screens are make it possible to implement pressure sensitivity, resistive screens have their resistance vary with temperature so such a feature would be unreliable. Not to mention that they don't want you to apply extra pressure on the screen in risks of damaging it. That iirc at least.

Platy

Where do you saw that the 3ds can do pressure ?

From what i know, officialy not even the DS had pressure sensivity, since it was so problematic that it was not released to developers .. and the homebrew used something closer to multitouch than actual pressure (more pressure you make, more areas of the screen the pen touches)

backlot

You can use up and down on the d-pad to simulate more or less pressure on the brush. I find that works well enough for what I need.

Bakphoon

Where do you saw that the 3ds can do pressure ?

From what i know, officialy not even the DS had pressure sensivity, since it was so problematic that it was not released to developers .. and the homebrew used something closer to multitouch than actual pressure (more pressure you make, more areas of the screen the pen touches)

Im sure they use Pressure sensivity in nintendogs + cats. At least the keys in the piano get louder the harder you press.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3o3NS538sc

watershed

Banned
I'm working on a Samus painting at the moment and having way too much fun. I haven't "painted" this much in months.

AzVal

the DS homebrew version had a Java applet that redrawed (not upscaled) with help of playback funtionality the paint at higher resolution is there such a thing for this version?

Top Bottom