• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations as early as next week

Jedi2016

As soon as I read the post from the White House saying that Trump isn't going to interfere, I immediately thought "Yeah, he's gonna interfere."

Trump has no idea what his own people are saying, so he's still going to just do whatever he wants.

What time is the show..er.. hearing?

Zolo

I have a bad feeling that not much will come out of this testimony. Just another minor setback in the neverending trainwreck that is the Trump presidency. *sigh*

I expect it to just be Comey reaffirming reports on his statements contradicting what Trump has stated. He also may say that he felt after a certain time that the president was in fact wanting to obstruct justice.

Not expecting revelations, but those are still important to get out. It'll also make Comey's words stronger since he's giving it on testimony.

MechDX

It will be broadcasted live on CBS, ABC and Fox. Also being reported NBC will air it live and just have not announced it yet.

For the sake of the good people in this world I hope Comey comes out guns blazing for everyone to see

Tovarisc

It's a well rehearsed act at this point: I'm so angry, "damning news" hype, hype, HYPE, oh.....it was really underwhelming and I'm so angry again. Rinse, repeat.

Think it like videogame release cycle. Pre-release media blitz will be unrelenting and natives will get very hyped, but everyone should course correct into middle ground where some hype is along with acknowledgement that maybe it doesn't deliver.

Cairax

Neo Member
Think it like videogame release cycle. Pre-release media blitz will be unrelenting and natives will get very hyped, but everyone should course correct into middle ground where some hype is along with acknowledgement that maybe it doesn't deliver.
Perfect analogy.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Don't worry guys I've got just the man for this

T5ZdBgn.gif

Lol. No.

Why is the Rock also breathing hard? I haven't watching wrestling in ages. I think the dude on the left is Roman Reigns? Is he the Jai Courtney of the WWE?

ascii42

As soon as I read the post from the White House saying that Trump isn't going to interfere, I immediately thought "Yeah, he's gonna interfere."

Trump has no idea what his own people are saying, so he's still going to just do whatever he wants.

Public hearing is at 10 AM on Thursday.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Truthfully though, I can't say I'm expecting much from this in relation to the hype of it being broadcast on all networks.

Cairax

Neo Member
Lol. No.

Why is the Rock also breathing hard? I haven't watching wrestling in ages. I think the dude on the left is Roman Reigns? Is he the Jai Courtney of the WWE?
Mmmm....not exactly. He's more the "Poochie" of the WWE, and we're all waiting on him to die on the way back to his home planet.

(He's not a bad guy at all, he was just pushed waaay too hard waaay too fast)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I expect it to just be Comey reaffirming reports on his statements contradicting what Trump has stated. He also may say that he felt after a certain time that the president was in fact wanting to obstruct justice.

Not expecting revelations, but those are still important to get out. It'll also make Comey's words stronger since he's giving it on testimony.

It's a big deal when the major networks stop their normally scheduled programs for live news. The audience is much larger than C-SPAN.

Trump probably saw the statement go out and went "wait, I can do that??"

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
CNN just reported that Comey is free to speak publicly about EVERYTHING including the Russia investigation according to Burr. :D

He won't talk about Russiagate, aside from what is already known. He has been consistent with his no comments. This hearing is about his meetings with Trump, which Trump has made public comments about. It all depends on what questions the intel committee asks. The Democrats better not fuck this up, cuz the Republicans are all about UNMASKING and LEAKS.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Mmmm....not exactly. He's more the "Poochie" of the WWE, and we're all waiting on him to die on the way back to his home planet.

(He's not a bad guy at all, he was just pushed waaay too hard waaay too fast)

Lol. Poor Poochie. He was too happenin for us. Yeah, I heard he wasn't a bad wrestler, but much like Jai Courtney, they were trying to make him happen when he just wasn't going to happen.

old

I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff. The Trump administration and the Republicans are the kind of people to weasel out of things with clever loopholes and such. They like to find sleazy ways to dodge things. My fear here is that they shut down any questions about Trump.

Even if Comey testifies, is he guaranteed to be asked about Trump pressuring him? What if only Republicans are allowed to ask questions what are the chances they never ask about Trump? Are democrats allowed to ask him questions?

I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff. The Trump administration and the Republicans are the kind of people to weasel out of things with clever loopholes and such. They like to find sleazy ways to dodge things. My fear here is that they shut down any questions about Trump.

Even if Comey testifies, is he guaranteed to be asked about Trump pressuring him? What if only Republicans are allowed to ask questions what are the chances they never ask about Trump? Are democrats allowed to ask him questions?

There are Democrats on the committee and they are free to ask questions.

Expect the Republicans to waste everyone's time by asking irrelevant questions about Hillary, her e-mails, and leakers.

rambis

Banned

Trump never had any grounds for executive privilege. Any suggestion that he did is false, including that statement.

Here's a good summary if you're interested.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/opinions/comey-executive-privilege-trump-sham-dean-opinion/index.html

Lol. No.

This was at the end of the 2015 Royal Rumble... Reigns, WWE's forced-faced, had been getting ganged up on by two guys who had been eliminated, and the Rock came out and cleaned house of the guys cheating (Reigns is his distant cousin), and then Reigns eliminated a guy to win, and Rock celebrated with him to -- largely -- a chorus of boos.

Reigns is not a bad person at all, just got pushed way too hard, way too fast by WWE, and has a very boring persona and not a lot of wrestling talent compared to other guys on the roster.

This is one of two things

1) Trump trying to distract people from the testimony
2) The administration trying to distract Trump from the testimony

Lol, I love that. I wish it was like "Trump to watch private screening of Patton during Comey testimony"

The fact that this is happening tells me there probably isn't anything that bad to be said. No way a pres like trump would just allow all his shit to crumble without some house of cards type ish going down. Unfortunately

Tovarisc

The fact that this is happening tells me there probably isn't anything that bad to be said. No way a pres like trump would just allow all his shit to crumble without some house of cards type ish going down. Unfortunately

Short of killing Comey he has no way to block this testimony.

He has dug out all legal grounds with his big mouth and fat fingers.

rambis

Banned
There's nothing he could possibly do to block Comey. All the executive priveledge talk was a smokescreen that never had any legal standing.

Maybe Comey will announce Pokemon Stars for the Switch during the hearing since the Direct today didn't deliver?

Top Bottom