• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Besides everything, what are the Valiant books that need to be included in our Q&A thread?

Bloodshot (becomes Bloodshot & HARD Corps for awhile as well), Harbinger and Harbinger Wars for people curious about the movies.

Archer & Armstrong, The Valiant and Quantum & Woody for the legit best books.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a full list of every secret wars book somewhere?

Boogiepop

Hooray, I have a comic backlog again temporarily! Ordered Ghostbusters: Total Containment (the set of the first run for IDW Ghostbusters) off of an Amazon seller (as it's moving towards out of print range, far as I can tell, and I at least got a good condition and price copy). So it'll be interesting to see how I feel about it. Also, my random complaint towards IDW: I was totally excited for reading some TMNT soon, but volume 10 in the Classics line got a random unexplained delay, and then the crossover I'm going to have to wait on, as even though the Total Containment set is already heading out of print and over a year old, the counterpart for the second series doesn't come out till like July. Lame stuff.

Also, I'm apparently locked in for an Avengers/AoU double showing, thus making my ticket for seeing AoU $25, with a tacked on need to see a movie that I've already seen twice and don't feel the need to see again, all because my movie friend had to make it a group thing with a guy who refuses to do anything but the most expensive options ever. Lame stuff and such a waste of money.

Boogiepop

I just checked the Q&A thread thing recommendations list as I've been distracted and totally missed that before and... the lack of MTMTE is criminal. That comic is goddamn amazing. Would totally also add the current IDW TMNT run. And a bit of a stretch approaching personal opinion type of one, but Archie Mega Man is totally awesome, especially for fans of the franchise...

But seriously, MTMTE.

I just checked the Q&A thread thing recommendations list as I've been distracted and totally missed that before and... the lack of MTMTE is criminal. That comic is goddamn amazing. Would totally also add the current IDW TMNT run. And a bit of a stretch approaching personal opinion type of one, but Archie Mega Man is totally awesome, especially for fans of the franchise...

But seriously, MTMTE.

I posted this in the thread, but yeah definitely. MTMTE and TMNT are dope.

Multiversity was so good. Morrison is seriously the best. The way he understands that comics are absurd and benefit from ludicrous ideas is so far beyond anyone else's ideas about comics. It's just a joy to read the works of someone that gets it.

Now on to Batman... I knew it was going to happen.

HA. 10/10

Snyder/Capullo are fucking masters.

Tizoc

But seriously, MTMTE.
I posted this in the thread, but yeah definitely. MTMTE and TMNT are dope.

I wanted to post about it but forgot ^^;

Invincible #119

Lol, if I were Mark I'd just go back to Earth. Fuck Allen, he knows damn well Mark'll get KOed and eviscerated by either Thragg or Battle Beast alone with minimum effort and he wants him to fight both at the same time.

Multiversity was so good. Morrison is seriously the best. The way he understands that comics are absurd and benefit from ludicrous ideas is so far beyond anyone else's ideas about comics. It's just a joy to read the works of someone that gets it.

Yeah I agree. Multiversity #2 was just fuck yeah comics all the way through.

Tizoc

Yeah uh...someone fill me in on Batman #40, and why it's such a big deal?

...and man I dunno, didn't really like how Snyder used Joker. I very much prefer how Dini or Morrison write him :/

uFYxhlE.jpg

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2289-1428523821-5.gif

Went to the library with my wife for the first time in ages today. Checked some shit out. I have read USM all the way up until the first volume after the omnibus so it's cool to get more. Same with Waids Daredevil. Read the first 2 deluxe HCs and never bought the 3rd so now I can finish it. Well finish til it got renumbered.

Top row is hers and one book we didn't get the library.

acTG9Pb.jpg

Read Batman #40 this morning and still processing everything about it.

But what sticks in my head from the issue is the way Batman is just straight up mocking the Joker at the end with the "I'm sorry I didn't believe you" and he keeps going with "Please forgive me," like DAMN, Bruce is about to die (yeah right) and this is the moment he decides to have a laugh. And his last message "HA" just confirmed it.

Also, of course Dick Grayson continues to be the best of Bats subordinates.

Spoilers, duh

Zombine

Banned
Went to the library with my wife for the first time in ages today. Checked some shit out. I have read USM all the way up until the first volume after the omnibus so it's cool to get more. Same with Waids Daredevil. Read the first 2 deluxe HCs and never bought the 3rd so now I can finish it. Well finish til it got renumbered.

acTG9Pb.jpg

I like the scent of that candle.

That iron fist OT thread is a funny clash of people that know who iron fist is and isn't. Especially the notion that for diversity to make him Asian. When that's the biggest Asian actor stereotype ever

Now that I'm done with A/NA I'm browsing the Secret Wars solicits and god damn it is going to deal critical damage to wallet

That iron fist OT thread is a funny clash of people that know who iron fist is and isn't. Especially the notion that for diversity to make him Asian. When that's the biggest Asian actor stereotype ever

That thread is everything I hate about OT comic threads

Messi

acTG9Pb.jpg

Please post your spoiler tagged impressions of Sunstone when you read it. I really want to talk about it :p

Top Bottom