• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Wait a minute, there is one sure fire way to figure out who is going to die next in Deadly Class with one simple question.

Messi,
who is your current most favorite character on the book?

:p

frye

Im collecting Hickman's run on Fantastic Four, can anyone tell me why vol 04 is issues 583-588, and vol 05 is 600-604? Is it a typo? Is there something i'm missing?

Issues in question;
http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/FANTASTIC-FOUR-BY-JONATHAN-HICKMAN-TP-VOL-04/AUG110719
http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/FANTASTIC-FOUR-BY-JONATHAN-HICKMAN-TP-VOL-05/OCT120696

that run got renamed FF for 12 issues so Marvel decided to count that as part of Fantastic Four proper when the renumbered (588+12=600)

VanWinkle

40 more pages in WW omni. I mean, I hate feeling like I'm looking forward to something ending (especially because this is genuinely fantastic stuff), but argh it is just so dense.

I mean, LOOK at this (don't actually read any dialog if you're planning on reading this omni, because it's spoilery).
KW4goXr.jpg

It is 1am but I will make myself finish it before going to bed. I'm grinding hard.

that run got renamed FF for 12 issues so Marvel decided to count that as part of Fantastic Four proper when the renumbered (588+12=600)

Yeah, and then when it switched back to Fantastic Four, FF began to run concurrently and did so up until the end of the run.

It's an essential part of the story, definitely don't skip it.

edit: Hickman Fantastic Four reading order

Cheers, appreciate that. IST only has issues 1,2 and 4 of FF... typical lol

So much text.

Guys, I am excited that I can start next month with Hickmann Avengers.
I looked a little bit into my OHCs and the stuff I have seen is amazing.

Only need a Post Infinity Reading Order now.

Found it: http://40.media.tumblr.com/2ca1081952b4de0f2c23771ed36b1336/tumblr_no04e4gP8D1s96z6vo1_1280.jpg

Hey, thanks for that reading order, I haven't see that before.

Only need the Infinity OHC and the Time Runs Out OHC (when it releases) to complete that entire run for hardcovers.

I'll probably revisit that run when the latter comes out.

Finished WW Earth One. Was a pretty nice take of Diana's origin. Definitely needs more material to flesh it out but I thought it was entertaining enough. Hope Vol 2 isn't too far off because this was kinda short.

Paquette's art was fantastic though. He draws such beautiful women and figures and he was perfect for this story. He was great on Seven Soldiers and Batman Inc so it's not a huge surprise but his work really shines here.

VanWinkle

Okay, well, I finished the WW omni. VERY, VERY good, but I'm also very glad to move onto some more modern comics.

I started Batman and Robin by Morrison. Finally going back to his run. I was already reading on my WW omni word pace, so I finished the first issue in like three minutes. I'll have to slow down a bit. Already, I'm LOVING IT. Can't wait to read through all three volumes.

Okay, well, I finished the WW omni. VERY, VERY good, but I'm also very glad to move onto some more modern comics.

I started Batman and Robin by Morrison. Finally going back to his run. I was already reading on my WW omni word pace, so I finished the first issue in like three minutes. I'll have to slow down a bit. Already, I'm LOVING IT. Can't wait to read through all three volumes.
Batman and Robin is amazing. I remember being pretty blown away as a teenager when I read it. It and Batman Inc are just excellent stories that remind me why I like superhero comics.

VanWinkle

Batman and Robin is amazing. I remember being pretty blown away as a teenager when I read it. It and Batman Inc are just excellent stories that remind me why I like superhero comics.

I made a mistake reading Batman Inc a while back before I had read any of Morrison's Batman run. Because of that, it was INCREDIBLY confusing to me. Like, nonsensical. But I'm looking forward to reading it in proper order now. I already know it will make a little more sense in that I met some of those other Batmen in Batman and Son.

Red Hood and Arsenal

Feels like the story with Joker's Daughter they were setting up got screwed by Rebirth. Sucks it seemed like it could have been interesting. A lot of build up then "Neh, you're fired" and shot. Felt the same way with Detective Comic's with the faceless killer, story just seemed to end suddenly for no reason.

Batman/Superman

Awe Batman's a little emotional

Green Lantern Corps

Well that wasn't completely cliche and predictable...

What the fuck happened to Krona and Relic?!

Hellers

Man, you guys weren't kidding about how shitty the Marvel Unlimited apps are

It`s an impressive achievement that they managed to make every aspect of using the app terrible and a testament to the usefulness of the service that we still put up with it :)

Red Hood and Arsenal

Feels like the story with Joker's Daughter they were setting up got screwed by Rebirth. Sucks it seemed like it could have been interesting. A lot of build up then "Neh, you're fired" and shot. Felt the same way with Detective Comic's with the faceless killer, story just seemed to end suddenly for no reason.

Batman/Superman

Awe Batman's a little emotional

Green Lantern Corps

Well that wasn't completely cliche and predictable...

What the fuck happened to Krona and Relic?!

I'm more inclined to chalk Red Hood/Arsenal up to Lobdell being Lobdell and his total inability to focus on a plot for more than 45 seconds at a time :p

Remeber how Jason and Roy are supposed to be doing the Heroes for Hire thing since like issue 3? And how since then they've almost entirely been doing anything else?

I'm more inclined to chalk Red Hood/Arsenal up to Lobdell being Lobdell and his total inability to focus on a plot for more than 45 seconds at a time :p

Remeber how Jason and Roy are supposed to be doing the Heroes for Hire thing since like issue 3? And how since then they've almost entirely been doing anything else?

Well the last story with the navy ship was sort of hero for hire, but yeah I get your point. Maybe just set it all up and didn't know where to take it. Just a bummer, really thought there was some potential there. Even though the promise I thought was bullshit because how does Jason out of nowhere not kill people?

Well the last story with the navy ship was sort of hero for hire, but yeah I get your point. Maybe just set it all up and didn't know where to take it. Just a bummer, really thought there was some potential there. Even though the promise I thought was bullshit because how does Jason out of nowhere not kill people?

Yeah, there was some potential there, but ce la vie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How many more dollars is Marvel going to ask for? Also, is this like the scam Marvel ran in the 90's where they jacked up the prices for embossed and chrome covers? And let's not forget all the Spider-Man books with a hologram on the cover.
The best one were the one with the white dustpaper without amy art.

Weiss

Banned
X-Men '92 #2 was fantastic. I swear to god it better not be cancelled in six issues because nobody wants to read the best X-book in years because it's out of continuity.

Top Bottom