• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

tim1138

I have to admit, Ive never seen a manga or a anime where I thought that someone looks asian, so I dont have a big problem with this.

Playing up ethnic ambiguity would be fine if they changed her name from Motoko Kusanagi. I don't think ScarJo when I see or hear that name, you know?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Playing up ethnic ambiguity would be fine if they changed her name from Motoko Kusanagi. I don't think ScarJo when I see or hear that name, you know?

Should have cast Emma Stone.
You stole my answer :(

But... I dunno. Of course its stupid, but I can twist my mind enought to make it work, maybe asian names are cool in the future or one of her forerunner was asian or something. I dont mind it that much but then again I am not really a big Fan of Ghost in th Shell.

Weiss

Banned
Nobody wants to read the in continuity x-men books either

All the more reason why it deserves a wide audience. On principle I can see why people would be against turning back the clock, but X-Men '92 fills a niche that the X-titles haven't really filled since 2005.

Messi

All the more reason why it deserves a wide audience. On principle I can see why people would be against turning back the clock, but X-Men '92 fills a niche that the X-titles haven't really filled since 2005.

I love it if i'm being honest

X-Men '92 #2 was fantastic. I swear to god it better not be cancelled in six issues because nobody wants to read the best X-book in years because it's out of continuity.

You're right, it's surprisingly good. I wasn't crazy about the Secret Wars series but the new one's been fun so far.

Is it weird I'm kind of low key excited for that Johnny Quest/Space Ghost comic? The rest of that reboot just seem weird where as this one seems like it could just be generally good.

I love the art because it is so expressive and vibrant, but I think if there is anything wrong with it, it's that it doesn't look like a 90s X-book the way the Secret Wars mini did.

hmmm

maybe i need to try again

i think that was my first response. i dug the sw art

Messi

I've not read a comic book in nearly a week. This infection and root canal has fucked up my entire life. I am so God damn sick of it :(

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
X-Men '92 #2 was fantastic. I swear to god it better not be cancelled in six issues because nobody wants to read the best X-book in years because it's out of continuity.

Being out of continuity is actually a big selling point for me. Is it pretty much the same tone as the Secret Wars Tie In?

Eidjinn

Question about Ed Brubaker's run: which omnibus should I get?

Captain America Omnibus and then The Death of Captain America?

Any other omnibus from Marvel worth getting?

Being out of continuity is actually a big selling point for me. Is it pretty much the same tone as the Secret Wars Tie In?

Yup

And the best X-book is Worst X-Man Ever. Which, by the way, did I miss something? I've only read the first issue. Are the other four available online and I just haven't bothered to check?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ghus by Karl Kerschl

CgA8hoFXIAAB9Xx.jpg

Weiss

Banned

Yep. It's less on the nose in its humour, but it still captures the same sense of fun that the SW mini ran with, while also trying to branch off into its own thing.

It's basically as close as we're going to get to another Claremont X-title.

arkon

News from an unreliable source (BC) but it looks like DC might have cancelled Starman tpb 3 again...
That's incredibly annoying if it's true. I'd given up hope of them continuing it when they first cancelled the paperback versions a few years ago. To have them re-solicit recently and cancel again after that.........

Vic_Viper

Get my AoA Omni from IST a few days ago and it's awesome, seriously recommend it. Was a nice surprise considering I don't think it comes out till the 19th.

Question about Ed Brubaker's run: which omnibus should I get?

Captain America Omnibus and then The Death of Captain America?

Any other omnibus from Marvel worth getting?
Not much of a Cap reader but for other omnis I would recommend Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Great little series that's really funny.

The omnis are kinda overpriced but Hawkeye and the Frank Miller Daredevil stuff (DD, Companion, Elektra) are some of the best comics Marvel has put out.
News from an unreliable source (BC) but it looks like DC might have cancelled Starman tpb 3 again...
That's lame.

Read WW Earth One today and echo pretty much everyone here in saying it fantastic and Paquette drew the hell out of it. Sadly, I'll probably be in my 40s before we see another volume.

Top Bottom