• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Monstress #4 was pretty great. It was nice to see things from the Archanic side of things. LOL at Pippa squeezing the shit out of Ren. The back and forth between Maika and her monster was good. The was gorgeous as usual. Will be reading #5 on my first break.

Tizoc

Black Panther #1
Was meh
Then again it's the first issue so I'm hoping this new writer delivers as the story progresses

*Goes to read his Christopher Priest B. Panther TPB*

I read like 15 Issues in three days.

Key word here is 'worthwhile' :V

Tizoc

What are the "worthwhile" books

Any comic that does not makes me lose interest in reading it, such that I merely skim through the issue all the way to the end without reading much of the dialog/writing in it.

This week the worthwhile ones appeared as
Monstress
B. Panther #1
Darth Vader

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it off the top of my head when I last checked this week's release list :V

Did Vision release this week, cuz I'd count it too? Oh and also Morrison's Wondy book, but that's Morrison so it's a given.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am always freaked out when I see superheroes throwing a party and everyone comes in costume.
I mean it makes sense, but it looks akward

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is about Spider-woman right?
This and Ive seen the Thor Barbecue Party in New Avengers earlier today :D

Now Ive read Spidey and wow, that book isnt for me. Reads a old man writes how he thinks young people talk and totally fails with it. But I guess I am not the aimed audience for this one.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Tom Kind retweeted some guy that bought some of Walta's Vision art. I've been googling, but I can't find anywhere selling it. Anyone have any idea?

I've also got a pretty sweet page waiting for me at home that I can't wait to show y'all. Bye bye, tax refund! I hardly knew ye.

Any comic that does not makes me lose interest in reading it, such that I merely skim through the issue all the way to the end without reading much of the dialog/writing in it.

This week the worthwhile ones appeared as
Monstress
B. Panther #1
Darth Vader

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it off the top of my head when I last checked this week's release list :V

Did Vision release this week, cuz I'd count it too? Oh and also Morrison's Wondy book, but that's Morrison so it's a given.

Vision was last week. Deadly Class, Mockingbird and Gwenpool were good this week, too.

Sadist

I'm so hyped for Civil War, I think I'll swing by the comicbook store on my way to my sisters place.

Guess I'm going to look into Brubakers run of Cap. Maybe something else thats neat.

Tizoc

Well I hadn't read a comic with Gurihiru art in it in a long ass time so let's see if this book is any good >_>

Owzers

i'm skipping Civil War, why watch a movie based on an old comic book when the Marvel Comics Event of 2016 is going to bring you a brand new Civil War? Seems like a waste of time.

Messi

Well I hadn't read a comic with Gurihiru art in it in a long ass time so let's see if this book is any good >_>

I really loved it for what its worth. They also did the art in her part of the Gwenpool holiday special where she tries to make friends with Ms Marvel.

Vic_Viper

Question about Ed Brubaker's run: which omnibus should I get?

Captain America Omnibus and then The Death of Captain America?

Any other omnibus from Marvel worth getting?

Yes to Cap Omni.

Then AoA, Cable & Deadpool, and New X-Men are my highly recommended few. Frank Millar's Daredevil Omnis are also great!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So is Archie dating Veronica now?

Also the art in Archie is sooo good. The preview for the new issue is up

I don't know if they're "official" as the kids used to say when I was one of them. They're definitely hanging out, and her dad hates him.

The art is still great, though I have to admit I do miss Staples.

Messi

I don't know if they're "official" as the kids used to say when I was one of them. They're definitely hanging out, and her dad hates him.

The art is still great, though I have to admit I do miss Staples.

I miss Staples but she was never going to be able to stay. I think Fish has done a stellar job taking over.

tim1138

I started the Neal Adams Batman omnibus tonight, and got around seventy pages in. It starts with a couple of fun Worlds Finest issues and then moves to a Brave and the Bold issue that's a Deadman team up. This just reaffirms my belief that I could replace reading contemporary comics with Silver and Bronze Age stuff and be completely content.

Luigi87

So I picked up Gwenpool #1 out of morbid curiousity...

.... I liked it! It legitimately amused me, and I liked how it ended.

Top Bottom