• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Has it been long enough waiting for my partner to read Legend Of WW (she read #1 and put it down) that I can take it and read it myself and it wouldn't be impolite? I really want to read that book. Gave it to her in Jan.

(Do you guys ever deal with this kind of thing?)

mreddie

...Is that Nadia or Teen Jean? Not the best art or face if it's supposed to be Nadia.

Long Hair Nadia which kinda bugs me.

tenor.gif

It looks like the third and final major BPRD series (successor to plague of frogs and hell on earth, not things like HB and the bprd for example)is being officially and fully unveiled on multiversity tomorrow btw,creative team etc. This stuff isn't too widely discussed but worth pointing out for folks into this stuff but haven't reached the conclusion of Hell On Earth that spoilers towards that series' conclusion may be a little looser now, images in relation may imply certain things etc so it's worth watching out and avoiding if you're in that position.

My bet for now is Scott Allie and Lawrence Campbell.

It looks like the third and final major BPRD series (successor to plague of frogs and hell on earth, not things like HB and the bprd for example)is being officially and fully unveiled on multiversity tomorrow btw,creative team etc. This stuff isn't too widely discussed but worth pointing out for folks into this stuff but haven't reached the conclusion of Hell On Earth that spoilers towards that series' conclusion may be a little looser now, images in relation may imply certain things etc so it's worth watching out and avoiding if you're in that position.

My bet for now is Scott Allie and Lawrence Campbell.
Multiversity, hmm? Time to call Birdie? :D

Edit: Hmm?!

If he does return DC is gonna have to keep him and Lobdell away from each other at all times. Unless he is passed it Waid is still salty that he never was the lead of the 90s X-Men.
Which editor team usually handles the Shazam books?

If they lose Waid, everything is over
They probably already did. He keeps talking about how he's going to be a much larger part at Archie soon. Of course everything Archie related always ends up delayed so...

Sandfox

Snyder tweeted that the next Metal promos will be about the Superman and Wonder Woman tie-ins. I'm curious to see what that looks like considering the Batman cover.

Also, the early reviews I have seen for X-Men Gold #1 sound promising especially when compared to what came before.

Sandfox

Which editor team usually handles the Shazam books?

They probably already did. He keeps talking about how he's going to be a much larger part at Archie soon. Of course everything Archie related always ends up delayed so...
It says in the quote that he wouldn't be leaving Marvel to do it.

Also, that was posted on April Fools, but Waid also said Captain Marvel is a character he would like to write so who knows.

Snyder tweeted that the next Metal promos will be about the Superman and Wonder Woman tie-ins. I'm curious to see what that looks like considering the Batman cover.

Also, the early reviews I have seen for X-Men Gold #1 sound promising especially when compared to what came before.

I don't think he sad tie-ins did he? Thought he was saying WW and Superman are on other covers of the event as he was trying to stress the point that it wasn't a Batman event and it was a Justice League(and more) event.

Seemed like a lot of people came from the live stream thinking it was just a Batfamily event and he seemed to be trying to really press that it wasn't that. Maybe not have the former Batman team talk about an event very vaguely and only talk about Batman and show the cover with only Batman?

Has the Black Order showed up since SW?
Proxima and Black Swan in Unworthy Thor.
Unworthy Thor. Them and Hela was in it(
she killed them
) which is sorta interesting since IW filming has the Order confirmed by set pics and Hela is rumored to take Lady Death's place.
Was Black Swan also killed? Proxima was only killed after she attacked Hela, but I don't recall what happened to Black Swan.

Sandfox

I don't think he sad tie-ins did he? Thought he was saying WW and Superman are on other covers of the event as he was trying to stress the point that it wasn't a Batman event and it was a Justice League(and more) event.

Seemed like a lot of people came from the live stream thinking it was just a Batfamily event and he seemed to be trying to really press that it wasn't that. Maybe not have the former Batman team talk about an event very vaguely and only talk about Batman and show the cover with only Batman?
I'm not really sure now lol.

This is what he said:
Metal is literally me and creators who are like family to me trying to celebrate the DCU in brand new off the wall ways with you guys

And to be super clear. Metal is a DC wide event. Next promo is Wonder Woman, then Superman. It's not a bat family book. It's Justice league+

Bat family plays a role, as goes green arrow, as do teen Titans, as does Mera, and so on. This is me and brother Greg playing w all the toys

(Some questions being answered:)

You never have had to read a DC book before. It's page 1 friendly

It will be in full coordination with Rebirth. One of the thrills this year has been working closely w @geoffjohns

Six issues, all by us. All contained. Like with owls, joker, tie ins with be additive, speak to their own series

It's just metal horses being punched over and over

Who is buying the Star Wars Box Set? Only $350.
lol

Celebrate Star Wars with a box set that you'll need to be Force-strong to lift! Enjoy adaptations of every film in the series so far, plus a prelude to The Force Awakens. Follow Luke Skywalker and his fellow rebels into all-new adventures with the first collection of Marvel's best-selling new Star Wars series, and turn to the dark side with Darth Vader's own debut volume! Then savor a stunning gallery of Star Wars covers by Marvel's greatest artists. It's the ultimate celebration of cinema's greatest sci-fi epic in comic-book form!

Includes STAR WARS: EPISODE I - THE PHANTOM MENACE PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: EPISODE II - ATTACK OF THE CLONES PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: EPISODE IV - A NEW HOPE PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: EPISODE V - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: JOURNEY TO THE FORCE AWAKENS - SHATTERED EMPIRE PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS ADAPTATION PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: DARTH VADER VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: HEROES FOR A NEW HOPE PREMIERE HC, STAR WARS: THE MARVEL COVERS VOL. 1 PREMIERE HC and STAR WARS BOX SET POSTER.

Aaron is their best writer not waid

Mm, going by those figures in the CBR article, Aaron is one of their top $$ draws too. Aaron and Slott keeping the boat afloat. Surprised they're letting Lemire out the door given he's so close behind. Aaron has saw Star Wars to success as well.

ElNarez

Banned

Waid before he deleted his twitter account AGAIN, was asking how hard it would be to sue outlets for libel over their Marvel reporting.

He's with Marvel RIDE OR DIE and he's never gonna leave because who else is gonna let him indulge in his mediocrity?

Lol I heard he writes for them! :p

OH shit lol they have the BPRD thing up already. It doesn't appear to have any spoilers, just the July solicit for now, but I imagine they'll have an interview soon. I won't put it in here anyway, but I will share this incredible Mignola variant for the issue. Allie is the scripter.

I can't believe it's Allie not Roberson.

Gutted.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He's with Marvel RIDE OR DIE and he's never gonna leave because who else is gonna let him indulge in his mediocrity?

We had just an super amazing and beloved Run on Daredevil with this guy. That a writer has some mediocre titles inbetween is super common, he just doenst fit with with Avengers.

ElNarez

Banned
We had just an super amazing and beloved Run on Daredevil with this guy. That a writer has some mediocre titles inbetween is super common, he just doenst fit with with Avengers.

Ah yes, Marcos Martin, Paolo Rivera and Chris Samnee's Daredevil.

I can't believe it's Allie not Roberson.

Gutted.

I can't say too much about Roberson's work yet until Witchfinder & Black Flame drop in trade man but I know I like Allie & it makes some sense with his Abe run
and how that ended
. I imagine Roberson will carry on with what he's been up to.

My kids love going to the Disney Store, so I'm in there at least once a month. They have no comics there. They sell high-end art books and sticker books. They sell Avengers' costumes, figurines, cups, Tsum Tsums, backpacks and t-shirts...But no comics. That said, I am in Canada. Maybe it's different in the states.
I think I haven't stepped into a disney store in maybe 10 years but they seem pretty popular.

Or maybe Disney did the math and realized the market is way too small to make a huge profit.

The comic market for kids? Wouldn't say that's small. Look at Telgemeier's success. Colleen Doran mentioned on twitter that the comic adaptation she did of Beauty and the Beast sold 3.5 million copies. I can't speak for what Disney's merchandise profit margins are, but if I remember right, comics are at about 40% for bigger sellers.

Sandfox

His writing for the Avengers is fine imo. The issue is that Del Mundo probably wasn't the best choice and the roster. His Black a Widow with Samnee and Archie have been good. I also liked his Kooky Quartet story involving the classic Avengers.

Messi

His writing for the Avengers is fine imo. The issue is that Del Mundo probably wasn't the best choice and the roster. His Black a Widow with Samnee and Archie have been good.

His Black Widow where Samnee completely carries him?

Does that bprd variant involve hellboy spoilers?

Nope. It doesn't even indicate anything about the BPRD, it's just Mignola drawing a pretty awesome character from Hell On Earth, that I don't believe he's drawn before (?). What did you think it might be getting at?

Oh wait those are goggles on his head btw haha

Owzers

Nope. It doesn't even indicate anything about the BPRD, it's just Mignola drawing a pretty awesome character from Hell On Earth, that I don't believe he's drawn before (?). What did you think it might be getting at?

Oh wait those are goggles on his head btw haha
You're getting close to what I thought. Reading hellboy library 1 more tonight...

Sandfox

In a bizarre case of irony, the Comicbeat put up an article based on Rich Johnston joking agreeing with Waid about punching Jude Terror and now they are saying he should be fired.

Steve Lieber on the Lazarus mini for an issue sounds good. Need to check out some of the other artists. Different cowriters per issue as well? Hmm.

Top Bottom