• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Ross61

That makes sense. It never made sense to double ship deathstroke to me.

But yo priest on a milestone book. Is a dream.
If Deathstroke had been a monthly I think I would have dropped it. It was actually smart as hell to make it a double ship.

Mmm, the longer double shipping goes on, the more I think it's going to bother me. Like Superman vol 1 which has been received super well, the first 7 issues of the run. In the 7 issues there's 3 different artists and it's not even like they run in blocks. It's like Mahnke then Gleason for two issues then Jimenez,then back to Gleason, then Mahnke, then back to Gleason lol. And this is the Rebirth issue then a six parter, not shorter stories. I'd at least be down with blocks like the Gleason issues being in a row or whatever. Icjust find it really offputting, and I'm not sure it's worth the trade off for me personally. That's going to be different for everyone, but I think I'm going to find it more enticing if the book is monthly.

The book is ending this year.

Is it? I was expecting about ten more issues for the final year of the book. I bet it wraps early next year. Maybe even over a year from now since they'll pack a break or two in there.

Year Two ends with #29 right? 30? So they need to get a bit more meat on Year Three before it all ends.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love how desperate and dark Earth X is. Didnt thought that I would love it as much as Kingdome Come but espescially in regards of the fate of the heroes it is holding up at the same level

TheFlow

Banned
Is it? I was expecting about ten more issues for the final year of the book. I bet it wraps early next year. Maybe even over a year from now since they'll pack a break or two in there.

Year Two ends with #29 right? 30? So they need to get a bit more meat on Year Three before it all ends.
I thought east of west was ending next year. Didn't Hickman confirm 42-45 issues?

VanWinkle

Mmm, the longer double shipping goes on, the more I think it's going to bother me. Like Superman vol 1 which has been received super well, the first 7 issues of the run. In the 7 issues there's 3 different artists and it's not even like they run in blocks. It's like Mahnke then Gleason for two issues then Jimenez,then back to Gleason, then Mahnke, then back to Gleason lol. And this is the Rebirth issue then a six parter, not shorter stories. I'd at least be down with blocks like the Gleason issues being in a row or whatever. Icjust find it really offputting, and I'm not sure it's worth the trade off for me personally. That's going to be different for everyone, but I think I'm going to find it more enticing if the book is monthly.

Yeah, the worst thing about the double shipping books is how often the artist changes. It's really unfortunate.

Wows, Spurrier has done it again. Godshaper is freaking killer good. LOVE. And through following Spurrier's work, I am really learning the difference an artist makes. An artist's style can really elevate Spurrier's writing, as Goonface does here. Goonface, y'all. The dude's name is as cool as his art.

shingi70

Banned
About to read through all of Aphra tonight.

I was kinda sour on her at the end of Vadar so I'm hoping this book has a good hook.

Zombine

Banned
I was kinda sour on her at the end of Vadar so I'm hoping this book has a good hook.

LTT3eGW.gif

It's Opposite Day

Vic_Viper

When does DCBServices.com post trades and Omnibuses for pre order? Never used their site, always used instocktrades, but I want to pre order some stuff but most of it isn't on DCBS yet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Her droids are dumb, don't mind the black wookie dude.
I would have been cool with him if he wouldnt have been introduced as Boba Fetts sidekick. It was then a just to on the nose dark mirroring of the original cast. I am so happy that he was his own thing afterwards.
Still, will be happy when he is killed of.

shingi70

Banned
I would have been cool with him if he wouldnt have been introduced as Boba Fetts sidekick. It was then a just to on the nose dark mirroring of the original cast. I am so happy that he was his own thing afterwards.
Still, will be happy when he is killed of.

If they needed big muscle for Aphra would have been cooler to give her a Lasat or some new species.

Owzers

What if Messi and Freeza are comic-gafs droids? Would they be r2d2 and c3po or the murderous ones?

I'm pretty sure they're the murderous ones.

Finished East Of West vol 6 earlier, which puts me up to #29. Yea, pretty awesome. Again, no idea where it's going or how things will go, but great fun book. I never feel super attached to the characters in Hickman's books but the worlds, the worlds are amazing places to be for awhile.

You guys are making me think about trying Star Wars comics again. I've resisted so far but every time there's a big thing like the SW Celebration or a trailer released and everyone goes Star Wars gaga, I think about it.

Watched Fantastic Beasts. Pretty cool movie. Feel like I was just a little too old when the Harry Potter books came out to be a Potter kid so most of it bypassed me, especially anything past book 4, but that was a cool movie. Not perfect, but a good time, and actually dealt with slightly more mature subject matter than I expected. Only complaint is they didn't do a good job of explaining who
Grindelwald
is earlier on for the uninitiated for it to mean more later. Rogue One up next.

caliph95

Still reading The spire but read Godshaper has a great start and Spurrier is great at making creative worlds. It;s now on my list to read.I wish i payed more attention especially after reading his X-force and Legacy. Though it's probably because i got lost reading bodies lol.

Top Bottom