• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Still reading The spire but read Godshaper has a great start and Spurrier is great at making creative worlds. It;s now on my list to read.I wish i payed more attention especially after reading his X-force and Legacy. Though it's probably because i got lost reading bodies lol.

Nice thing about being late to the game is it gives you more to read man. How far have you got through The Spire so far?

Still reading The spire but read Godshaper has a great start and Spurrier is great at making creative worlds. It;s now on my list to read.I wish i payed more attention especially after reading his X-force and Legacy. Though it's probably because i got lost reading bodies lol.

You should read House of Penance

Edit: brain fart. That was Tomasi.

Silver Surfer (DanSlot, Michael and Laura Allred) Vol. 1 was so fucking good. It took me until Issue 5 that it is framed as Marvel's Doctor Who. I check on Twitter and, yep, Don Slott is a huge Doctor Who fan.

caliph95

Nice thing about being late to the game is it gives you more to read man. How far have you got through The Spire so far?
I've been busy and i think i'm halfway through the series and enjoying the mystery and the world building so far. It's nice reading a unique world and enjoying the ride
You should read House of Penance

Edit: brain fart. That was Tomasi.

Meh i like tomasi so whatever

Messi

Silver Surfer (DanSlot, Michael and Laura Allred) Vol. 1 was so fucking good. It took me until Issue 5 that it is framed as Marvel's Doctor Who. I check on Twitter and, yep, Don Slott is a huge Doctor Who fan.

I love that series. These two bits in particular <3 Dawn

15878660._SX540_.jpg

surfer-dawn.jpg

Anybody know if there is an intended reading order this week for Secret Empire 0 and Steve Rogers 16?

Thats sitting in my basket for my next order! I remember your stamp of approval awhile back.

It's amazing. Not sure why I thought it was Spurrier

Edit: Redneck, Curse Words, God Country, Wild Storm HOLY FUCK what a great week. I could go on and on.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone have a website that lists all the Star Wars comics and the dates they were released? I'm trying to catch up with the stuff I left off but I'm not quite sure what all I missed out on.

Sandfox

I love that book and will buy anything those creators work on.
Anybody know if there is an intended reading order this week for Secret Empire 0 and Steve Rogers 16?

It's amazing. Not sure why I thought it was Spurrier

Edit: Redneck, Curse Words, God Country, Wild Storm HOLY FUCK what a great week. I could go on and on.

From what I've seen it's Cap first, and then Secret Empire.

Totally LTTP on this but Clean Room... goddamn. That's one heck of a series. It's a great bit of synchronicity that i've been re-watching the TV series Fringe over the last month. They're very different, but I feel share a lot of the same themes.

Stormwatch #48 - #50: Holy shit, that's one way to change the status quo I guess. I wonder why Jenny and Co took the name The Authority, especially after that arc. I guess the next few issues/trades will lead into that.

Messi

In my travels on amazon uk I found some interesting listings. Usually stuff appears on amazon uk before they are in the image solicits for some reason. Dates are usually correct too. Like this.

Shutters final volume will come out 3 months after the final issue. Shipping and of Sept/Start of Oct. Beautiful cover too.

Luther Strode complete hardcover Oct

Southern Bastards HC Vol 2 Oct

What if Messi and Freeza are comic-gafs droids? Would they be r2d2 and c3po or the murderous ones?

I'm pretty sure they're the murderous ones.

giphy.gif

I'm already on July lol

Did you ever send me June's list?
Just asking. Not that I actually want it.

Seems the Giant Days hardcover cover has changed....ugh. I loved the first one.
(

I completely agree.
Just kidding, both designs are dog shit.

In my travels on amazon uk I found some interesting listings. Usually stuff appears on amazon uk before they are in the image solicits for some reason. Dates are usually correct too. Like this.

Luther Strode complete hardcover Oct

When they titled it "So Far Beyond" they were thinking in relation to the release date, right?

I'll probably grab that Luther Strode HC just because of how fucking sick Tradd Moore's art is.

Messi

giphy.gif

Did you ever send me June's list?
Just asking. Not that I actually want it.

I completely agree.
Just kidding, both designs are dog shit.

They aren't :(

I have a complete list that is just missing 3 indie books, but yeah I will send it soon

When they titled it "So Far Beyond" they were thinking in relation to the release date, right?

I'll probably grab that Luther Strode HC just because of how fucking sick Tradd Moore's art is.

I don't think 3 months after the final issue is absurd. They worded it like it could be a year. 3 months is standard marvel and dc stuff if not longer.

They aren't :(

They really are terrible, though. Like he couldn't be bothered to make some original art for it and just opted for a faux-textbook thing.

I have a complete list that is just missing 3 indie books, but yeah I will send it soon

Archie books should really be banned from OTs. They never release shit on time. Riverdale #1 was in three fucking OTs before it finally came out.

Messi

They really are terrible, though. Like he couldn't be bothered to make some original art for it and just opted for a faux-textbook thing.

Archie books should really be banned from OTs. They never release shit on time. Riverdale #1 was in three fucking OTs before it finally came out.

June is a record low for Archie in the solicits. Plus when that Riverdale book came out was trash. The art...

I don't think 3 months after the final issue is absurd. They worded it like it could be a year. 3 months is standard marvel and dc stuff if not longer.

You had me worried the other day with that solicit thing, I don't think that's too bad though. A little longer than normal, but nothing insane. Just need the books to actually come now. Del Duca's Ogn looks cool too, need to check the reviews on that.

Messi

You had me worried the other day with that solicit thing, I don't think that's too bad though. A little longer than normal, but nothing insane. Just need the books to actually come now. Del Duca's Ogn looks cool too, need to check the reviews on that.

I have it and I am really enjoying it. Kit Seatons art is nice.

Vic_Viper

When does DCBServices.com post trades and Omnibuses for pre order? Never used their site, always used instocktrades, but I want to pre order some stuff but most of it isn't on DCBS yet.

Owzers

When does DCBServices.com post trades and Omnibuses for pre order? Never used their site, always used instocktrades, but I want to pre order some stuff but most of it isn't on DCBS yet.
They follow the month they were solicited in, not release date.

DCBS updates once per month and does so based on the month the pre-orders are for. So the stuff they have up now is mostly for June. Once they update the first week of May, the stuff for June will become unavailable.

Vic_Viper

DCBS updates once per month and does so based on the month the pre-orders are for. So the stuff they have up now is mostly for June. Once they update the first week of May, the stuff for June will become unavailable.

Thanks, that helps!

Are they pretty reliable with pre orders?

Top Bottom