• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

caliph95

Never failed me
image.php

0e3.png

Still reading The spire but read Godshaper has a great start and Spurrier is great at making creative worlds. It;s now on my list to read.I wish i payed more attention especially after reading his X-force and Legacy. Though it's probably because i got lost reading bodies lol.
Bodies was written by Si Spencer, different dude

Supergirl #8
Pretty dope issue. Chill after the last arc, but also incredibly continuity heavy.
So Emerald Empress left after JLvSS to go find Saturn Girl, found her, then came back to get Supergirl? Or did she find Saturn Girl at all? She claims Saturn Girl showed her that Kara is the real threat, but was that a realization about her or did she actually find Saturn Girl? I'm very interested in that.
Then have Clark's reveal about Reborn, which is pretty cool, especially for anyone who didn't read it. It was nice to see the family get together. I want to know why Clark has a fucking train in the Fortress of Solitude, and why his baby pictures are kept in there. The stuff with Lois about Cat was priceless, too.

It was just a lot of genuinely good character moments, plot setups, and art. I really like Bergara's art, though his faces can be off-putting from time to time. Great issue all around.

Sou Da

Man this Something Unlimited game is something else.

1486013854631.jpg

I completely forgot about this character tbh, is there a reason why Timm didn't use Powergirl?

shingi70

Banned

1486013854631.jpg

I completely forgot about this character tbh, is there a reason why Timm didn't use Powergirl?

I didn't know they made justice league themed X rated visual novels?

On another note dope cover is dope

hkc7prjh7kry.jpg

Whoops my bad
It's tripped me up a couple times, got really excited at a con last month because I saw a Hellblazer mini i'd never heard of by him and Sean Murphy, like "how have I never heard of this?!" but nope, turns out it was because it was by Spencer, a guy i've never read

I shouldn't be surprised Shutter's ending, but that's too bad. I really enjoyed it.

Well...I really REALLY enjoyed Volumes 1 and 2...and then 3 was...uh...not...very good...then 4 was okay til the end when it turned amazingly batshit. So I'll look forward to the last volume!

Oh, is the Rat Queens reboot any good so far? I heard that they made the orc lady one of them which is really cool!

Well...I really REALLY enjoyed Volumes 1 and 2...and then 3 was...uh...not...very good...then 4 was okay til the end when it turned amazingly batshit. So I'll look forward to the last volume!

I always found Shutter to be fairly random, but they kind of took it to an extreme with the last arc or two.

1486013854631.jpg

I don't recall. I looked into it. Galatea was basically Power Girl, and she was Supergirl aged to her physical prime, which is why she consistently beat Kara's ass so handily.

That said, it's probably the same reason they used Dr. Moon instead of Hugo Strange, and created Devil Ray instead of just using Black Manta, or used Jax-Ur and his wife instead of just Zod for Superman: The Animated Series. For reasons or for rights.

error4041

Star Trek: Beyond is shockingly good. I still remember when people were freaking out that it was going to be Guardians of the Galaxy with Beastie Boys and Motorcycles.

Also finished "The Last Days of Magic" arc in Dr. Strange earlier. some of the broader plot elements are pretty much pulled straight from the God Butcher arc from Thor, but still a fun read. I'll read the next issue or two just before I go to bed.

Dalek

A secret shame of mine is that I have never read Simonson's run on Thor. I started tonight-and the first issue is the introduction of Beta Ray Bill!!

Hellcat was so good I was ready to put it on the same level as Squirrel Girl but then black cat had to show up and scratch the quality to pieces. How long are they going to force this ridiculous attempts to make Felicia and evil Crime Boss?

Really? Reeeeeeally? I mean, it's not bad, but favorite is a pretty strong word, there.

I'm pretty high on it as well. The stuff they're doing has a lot of potential and down the road it could all be lost potential, but for right now I am really liking it.

Wouldn't go as far as favorite though.

Zombine

Banned
Really? Reeeeeeally? I mean, it's not bad, but favorite is a pretty strong word, there.

It's perfect to me. It has literally everything I want. I love the characters right now and it has a strong sense of identity only two issues in.

Like Jack said, it could all go out the fucking window, but man oh man am I excited right now. I have faith in DWJ.

The thing that got me in the first issue outside of the art was the way it was painting art being very significant in the world. Between taking the girls arm from her and her being the best artist in her tribe to the violinist and the people wanting to hear it all the way to him being on the battleground so he can make new music and shit. That was such an awesome thing that wasn't really harped on or overly pointed to. It was just sort of there as important character traits but it paints the universe a certain way at the same time.

Aizo

Banned
When people recommend Gillen's Journey into Mystery, do they mean all of it? Reading the Fear Itself tie-in now. What arc is it that people love so much?

Top Bottom