• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4485160516_dc7b6c24b5_z.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Having read Kamandi and some of Kirby's Fourth World stuff (not done yet) first, I'm now slowly going through Fantastic Four, and it really feels like Stan Lee is holding him back. I want to see him go nuts, but he's often stuck drawing pretty boring scenarios.

Speaking of, Invisible Girl is such a problem in these early issues, that has aged about as poorly as possible. She's such a damsel, always being kidnapped with her limited powers that rarely contribute to the action. And Stan Lee always has her worried about really stereotypical and superficial stuff.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finished volume 8 of Hellboy a bit ago. Probably the best one so far and you guys weren't kidding, Fegredo's art is amaaaazing.

Tizoc

That cover is awesome. This series is still good?

I thought it was OK, but the art is superb. At the very least it features Starscream being the selfish smug jerk that he is...while being the elected ruler of Cybertron.

Is jack Kirby's birthday today. Hail to the King

devildinosaur.jpg

1- We need a Jack Kirby thread to celebrate
2- We need bigger images
3- I need to order his OMAC TPB someday...

fauxtrot

Banned
Has nobody else replied to this yet? If not, I'd love to give God Hates Astronauts a shot, fauxtrot! Thanks for doing the giveaway!

That is seriously the best action figure of all time.

Kipp! Sorry this is like ten pages late, but email me your address and I'll send it out next week! :D

Just voted for my August books of the month. :D

Really happy with my picks this month. And yes, Messi. Harley #9 was on the list. That was a great issue.

Fabok didn't get the call til 2 weeks ago. That was solicited way before then.

oh cool.

So is #36 going to be a good jumping on point?
“THE AMAZO VIRUS” continues! A bizarre disease has been unleashed, America has been quarantined and the whole world is at a stand still – but no one on the League may be more affected by this than Batman! What deadly secret about the League does the Amazo Virus hold? Where did it come from? Who unleashed it and why? And what does it mean for the future of the world’s greatest heroes?"

I may need to get a refresher course from ya lol

Im sure everyone is sick of hearing about this but I found it funny. Went to check on the status of the Doom Patrol Omnibus order and its finally in the system. Looks like they ordered six copies for six of the libraries here. The locations seem strategically placed. Haha. That's a lot of Doom Patrol!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Im sure everyone is sick of hearing about this but I found it funny. Went to check on the status of the Doom Patrol Omnibus order and its finally in the system. Looks like they ordered six copies for six of the libraries here. The locations seem strategically placed. Haha. That's a lot of Doom Patrol!

But what does it all mean?; how is the Pentagon involved?; and how will you hide from the Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E.?

Or does it all mean nothing?

New Avengers 24 cover:

Captain Britain joins the illuminati along with that dude in the black jacket. Any ideas on who he is supposed to be?

No Dr. Strange or Reed Richards shown. Looks like they jumped ship some time after Namor was kicked off.

Balls. So in the last few weeks, I've lost Avengers Undercover, Superior Foes and now Secret Avengers? And of course, Hawkeye is ending whenever they get around to it. Invaders, I'm ambivalent about, I tried the first issue and didn't carry on with it.

Gotta make room for more Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers books. I eagerly anticipate Determined Drax #1, Gregarious Gamora #1, All-New Hawkeye #1 (by the turned-away-at-the-door-from-the-Eisner Awards team of Tom Taylor and Greg Land) and A Second Rocket Raccoon Book, Because You'll Buy What We Tell You To #1.

I like Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers books.

oh cool.

So is #36 going to be a good jumping on point?

I may need to get a refresher course from ya lol

I think you will need to jump on when the new arc starts which will be 34 maybe? JL is way behind because of FE. 33 comes out Wednesday. 34 at the end of September. 35 in October. 36 in November. Let's see if that holds.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
New Avengers 24 cover:

Captain Britain joins the illuminati along with that dude in the black jacket. Any ideas on who he is supposed to be?

No Dr. Strange or Reed Richards shown. Looks like they jumped ship some time after Namor was kicked off.

That is probably an alternate universe version of the Illuminati. One that gets their teeth kicked in by
The Cabal

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Libraries are the best. That's so great.

But what does it all mean?; how is the Pentagon involved?; and how will you hide from the Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E.?

Or does it all mean nothing?

Haha. Well done.

Those one-offs are pure Looney Tunes genius status.

Seriously. And because of those one-offs, the pacing of the omnibus is absolutely perfect. Right after I finish a pretty intense arc, I get to read one of the most hilarious issues I've ever read. This omnibus has been the best comics purchase I've ever made.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So how is Jack Kirby's The Demon story-wise?
I absolutely love all the art I've seen from it, and if the story's pretty good too, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get that hardcover soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom