• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol GotG was fine. Wish they'd gotten Vines instead of Farmer to ink it. Literally my only complaint. Anything character-based is pretty silly to complain about so early in the story. No idea how things will end up shaking out.

Did T.M.N.T Turtles in Time #3 come out this week?? Comiclist.com showed this week.

Batman Eternal #21 was awesome. Can't wait for #22. Lovin me some Fabok Batman.

Picked up Batman Beyond: Universe #13. Beginning of a new story arc. Really enjoyed it. Love the cartoon art. dammit add another Bat book to my pull list.

Saga #22.. Like everyone else is thinking.. That first page.. what da faq?!.. and that big ass 10 foot
TV head
. lol Good issue though

Read half of Batman / Superman #13 before falling asleep. Good half issue. love Jae Lee's art, and his Gotham City.

I have a Bat problem... Currently pulling 7 Bat books.
Not ashamed at all
But they are all so good right now! They all have such good art and good stories IMO.
Really enjoy every title a lot though,, so that's what counts

.. Damn and of course I have to check out Arkham Manor #1 and Gotham Academy #1
That's a third of my pull list.

Mindwipe

Hey guys, I'm after suggestions for solid, comic related podcasts that I can listen to while Diablo-ing or on the commute to and from Uni. Takers?

I know some people find Kevin Smith an acquired taste, but Fatman on Batman is excellent, especially the episodes that are in-depth interviews with Batman creators.

Lombaszko

Hey guys, I'm after suggestions for solid, comic related podcasts that I can listen to while Diablo-ing or on the commute to and from Uni. Takers?

If you're into DC and want really descriptive story and spoiler discussion, Raging Bullets is great. 2-3 hours long!

For industry / news talk, the Comic Conspiracy is entertaining. Ryan Higgins, the host, owns a shop and will often give insight at to why you shouldn't own a comic shop!

I know some people find Kevin Smith an acquired taste, but Fatman on Batman is excellent, especially the episodes that are in-depth interviews with Batman creators.

If you're into DC and want really descriptive story and spoiler discussion, Raging Bullets is great. 2-3 hours long!

For industry / news talk, the Comic Conspiracy is entertaining. Ryan Higgins, the host, owns a shop and will often give insight at to why you shouldn't own a comic shop!

There's so many..
Talking Comics. Comic Geek Speak. Fight For Comics. iFanboy.
Those are all pretty good

These are a great start. I'll download an episode or two and see what I think. Thanks guys. For the record, I'm into DC, so Raging Bullets sounds good. I just didn't know where to start, there are definitely many. Do many of the suggested Podcasts do reviews?

On another note, I haven't read GOTG 18 yet, but it's in my download queue. Is it honestly that soul destroying? Keeping in mind I haven't read Abnett and Lanning's run; this is my first volume of GOTG.

Lombaszko

Raging Bullets is positive, they'll only talk about books they are digging, which is almost everything! It's a review in a way but more like an analysis of each issue.

Raging Bullets is positive, they'll only talk about books they are digging, which is almost everything! It's a review in a way but more like an analysis of each issue.

Already added the latest episode to my iPod. ;) Thanks again for the suggestion. I'll be sure to post my impressions.

Yo, Wayward was pretty cool. Great art. I'll be checking this series out.

Picked up Batman Beyond: Universe #13. Beginning of a new story arc. Really enjoyed it. Love the cartoon art. dammit add another Bat book to my pull list.

160473082bbbea7bd8d54407c90c3fa4a8904bf98ab6365819d2c69b28cc0629.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Comic Conspiracy is lots of mouth breathing nerds that think they know more than they do though, I often find it infuriating. They seem like the kinds of people that, were they reviewing games they'd have separate bits for graphics sound and gameplay.

The only comics pod I listen to is ifanboy's pick of the week show. Nerdy but not offensively so, knowledgable but know their limits, nice people.

These are a great start. I'll download an episode or two and see what I think. Thanks guys. For the record, I'm into DC, so Raging Bullets sounds good. I just didn't know where to start, there are definitely many. Do many of the suggested Podcasts do reviews?.

Really all of those do reviews. I've found out about a lot of really good comics and TPB's
though podcasts too. Like Strange Attractors,, Great OGN. one of my favorite reads.

Sometimes its a pain because I already have a pretty big pull list,, but after listening to podcasts there's always some books I wanna check out.

These are a great start. I'll download an episode or two and see what I think. Thanks guys. For the record, I'm into DC, so Raging Bullets sounds good. I just didn't know where to start, there are definitely many. Do many of the suggested Podcasts do reviews?

You don't go into ifanboy expecting to hear them talk about DC. They wear their disdain for DC on their sleeves with the occasional bone tossed to Batman or a Vertigo title.

Comics Conspiracy has an amusing mix of fanboy positions but doesn't really do reviews.

Comic Vine will touch on a little bit of everything but can often lack any real detail.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is anybody still reading Ms. Marvel? Shit is still excellent and now she's getting a pet, like the Marvel Solo Title Mandate states.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are there Comic Podcasts, which dont talk about the newest news and current Issues, and rather talk about classic Story Arcs, Specials about famous artists and writers and things like this? You guys know, I read comics mostly in Tradepaperbackform, so I cant follow up when people talk about the newest events.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hell to the yes. It's magnificent. It's even made me not hate everything about The Terrigen Plot.

I actually really liked the fill-in artist on the Wolverine issues. The book's tone is pretty lighthearted and perfect so far. I'm expecting tragedy soon.

Tizoc

Someone gimme a run down of all the Batman Beyond and tie-in series please. Been wanting to get into it but so many books been released over time.

Boogiepop

So, has anyone seen this Marvel Universe Live show? It's coming to my area and my friend is interested. But that's like $50 at least that could go to actual comics instead, and I'm not too sold on the quality. At the very least their website is garbage, and the Lizard costume looks really, really bad from the video.

One more try in case anybody has an opinion that could help me out.

Also, one more Hellboy Library Edition came in on IST! Just 2 more and they'll all be in! (The first one is still not in though).

Someone gimme a run down of all the Batman Beyond and tie-in series please. Been wanting to get into it but so many books been released over time.

Repost:

My suggested reading order would be:

1. Batman Beyond Hush (2010) --- Physical Trade
  2. Batman Beyond Industrial Revolution (2011) --- Physical Trade
  3. Batman Beyond Unlimited 10,000 Clowns (2012) --- Physical Trade --- Physical Trade
  4. Batman Beyond Universe 2.0 (2013)

I'd also suggest:

1. Justice League Beyond --- Physical Trade --- Physical Trade
  2. Justice League Beyond 2.0

Messi

Cheska recommended Talking Comics podcast to me a few weeks back and I gave it a go. I really enjoy it and it is now one of my most anticipated shows each week. The new Batgirl team were on the most recent episode.

Cheska

For me personally, I enjoy Talking Comics the most. They have a segment where they talk about some highlights from the week, then they talk about pick of the week, and then industry news/interviews.

iFanboy is pretty great too, nice set of guys, and I personally enjoy listening to people's thoughts on the weekly issues.

Comic Conspiracy isn't bad, and I think part of the reason I enjoy them is because I've actually been to that comic store.

I know I've vouched for them before, but I love The Hangout as well. They interview someone from the comics industry every week, so that's always been fun to listen to.

Are there Comic Podcasts, which dont talk about the newest news and current Issues, and rather talk about classic Story Arcs, Specials about famous artists and writers and things like this? You guys know, I read comics mostly in Tradepaperbackform, so I cant follow up when people talk about the newest events.

Comic Geek Speak has frequent segments on things like this. I know they've down Bronze/Silver/Golden Age themed episodes, best of episodes, etc.

Cheska recommended Talking Comics podcast to me a few weeks back and I gave it a go. I really enjoy it and it is now one of my most anticipated shows each week. The new Batgirl team were on the most recent episode.

YAY! Glad you liked it, it's definitely the only podcast I listen to the moment it's downloaded on my phone.

Is anybody still reading Ms. Marvel? Shit is still excellent and now she's getting a pet, like the Marvel Solo Title Mandate states.
Hells yeah! Recent ark with Wolvie was great, G. Willow Wilson is doing such great stuff with Kamala.

For me personally, I enjoy Talking Comics the most. They have a segment where they talk about some highlights from the week, then they talk about pick of the week, and then industry news/interviews.

Going to check this one out.

Read the first story arc (8 issues) of Batman Beyond 2.0. Really good. Happy I checked this out.
Had to do a little research to understand the history of Terry McGinnis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(Terry_McGinnis)

Welcome back to the fold, brother.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Comic Geek Speak has frequent segments on things like this. I know they've down Bronze/Silver/Golden Age themed episodes, best of episodes, etc.

Wow, thanks, its exactly want I was looking for.

I am a little bit overwhelmed with the tons of episodes they produced o_O

Cheska

Wow, thanks, its exactly want I was looking for.

I am a little bit overwhelmed with the tons of episodes they produced o_O

Haha, funny, that's actually the exact reason I stopped subscribing to them.

I know a lot of people also listen to 11 O'Clock comics, but I found the length of their episodes to be too long for my liking.

Read the first story arc (8 issues) of Batman Beyond 2.0. Really good. Happy I checked this out.
Had to do a little research to understand the history of Terry McGinnis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(Terry_McGinnis)

The+happy+feels+this+gif+makes+me+feel+are+indescribable+_ca5695005c71ab44ecb0914809abe7ee.gif

More people reading Batman Beyond! :)

And with that the final issue of (the current run of) Superboy. I'm going to miss it. It really turned around and was a lot of fun especially with Jorge Jimenez' gorgeous art.

It's a shame it improved so late into the Run. It didn't help that once they finally got Kon to a likable spot they got rid of him, and as soon as they got Jon into a likable spot they cancelled the series.

Though I wonder if it'll come back ala Teen Titans and Suicide Squad.

It's a shame it improved so late into the Run. It didn't help that once they finally got Kon to a likable spot they got rid of him, and as soon as they got Jon into a likable spot they cancelled the series.

Though I wonder if it'll come back ala Teen Titans and Suicide Squad.

If the teaser at the end of Supergirl #33 is correct...

(Kon) Superboy will become part of a Gen 13 team.

Dang that looks great.

Shades of Ramos...

It's got manga / animated influences to be sure. It's just so lively and energetic without skimping on the details. Plays with fluid proportions without seeming over the top.

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Marvel has canceled Elektra, and the team of Blackman/Del Mundo will be moving to another Marvel project.

I blame you.

Tizoc

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Marvel has canceled Elektra, and the team of Blackman/Del Mundo will be moving to another Marvel project.

I blame you.

Story wasn't interesting but art was slick.

Gracias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom