• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a controversial opinion? Brian K Vaughan's dialog isn't good. It tries to be witty and it isn't.

commandowrong.gif

Acid08

Banned
Yea but if you want to have a big impact with a death like this you have to get the timing right and the timing is pretty close to perfect...
You think Snyder would have the call on something like that? I'm just imaging Morrison getting the memo, doing an eight ball, and choke slamming Snyder off of a skyscraper.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You think Snyder would have the call on something like that? I'm just imaging Morrison getting the memo, doing an eight ball, and choke slamming Snyder off of a skyscraper.

I thought we were talking about it happening in Inc. I was just remarking that Damian has been built up in such a way that if Morrison wanted to off him now (by now I mean in a few issues) would be a great time to do it. I doubt Snyder would have the pull or even want to mess with Morrison's story.

JEKKI

Batmang 17 was great!! I dont understand why ppl hating it...

I guess everyone wanted some big payoff or something, but whatevs I do not have any investment in the characters or overall story,

all I want is to be entertained and I thought it did a great job!

I like how
the whole story, Batman is being very stressed and insecure. Joker always comes off as very strong and confident, yet at the end Batman straight up exposes him and the strong and confident Joker suddenly becomes super weak and frightened. It was a real great shift in his character to me and I thought it was pretty cool.

so with that said, since so many ppl hating, I would love for u guys to recommend me a better Joker story.

the only other one I have read was Killing Joke which is real good but doesnt really touch the points that I spoilered.

Uncanny X-Men was alright. First issue, so I wasn't expecting to be floored. Art was great, reveal at the end makes sense.

WatXM, first issue I read. Might be back for more.

Morning Glories continues to make my head hurt, maybe reading all 24 issues consecutively would help.

Started Revival, really liked the first issue.

Need to get caught up on Fatale and Manhattan Projects.

so with that said, since so many ppl hating, I would love for u guys to recommend me a better Joker story.

I think Joker is usually better in the cartoons or movies. It's wierd because Harley works for me in the comics but sometimes Joker doesn't. It's probably the way they use him. I'm not hating, I liked this story fine. Not so much him not having his face but the rest of it I liked.

HOLY shit. Adrian Alphona, of Runaways fame, is joining Uncanny X-Force. AND not only that, the next arc features.... THE DEMON BEAR.

This is so hype. Uncanny X-Force will be the best looking comic.

CA: What kind of story have you crafted to fit this auspicious occasion?

SH: Adrian's got a chunk of pages in issues #3 and #4, showing Psylocke on a crucial psychic mission, and his depiction of the mental plane is going to be killer. In issues #5 and #6, Adrian's going to take you on a wild ride into the future as we fill in just what the hell Bishop has been up to in the 68th century, what led him back to the present, and the reasons behind his brutal changes. It's the saga of cowboy Bishop, and it's going to change the way people have thought about him for the past five years. Adrian has got an ability to be versatile without sacrificing beauty, and we're gonna push that to the limit by giving him a ton of weird, alluring, mutant ninja noir stuff to draw.

Troll

Banned

the only other one I have read was Killing Joke which is real good but doesnt really touch the points that I spoilered.

It's always going to come down to personal preference, but some of the choice Joker stories are:

The Clown at Midnight

The Man Who Laughs

Arkham Asylum

A Death in the Family

My favorite was the Killing Joke. I read with without knowing what happened... wtf Joker.

I'm hoping this means dani is getting repowered

Maybe it lead to a Fearless Defenders crossover? But I have a feeling Dani gets back her Valkyrie stuff in that series, and they'll just have some other Demon Bear in UXF.

They already had a Dani-less Demon Bear story in Kyle/Yost's X-Force.

I'll check it out on the shelf but I already took X-force off my pulls.

Hm, did you not like issue 1? It was pretty cool, I though.

I'm not sure. I just didn't want to have to buy it, I'm sure they'll have enough on the shelf for me to pick up until I decide.

When Betsy said he'd rather lick the floor that did make me laugh.

Vyer

Batman #17 and Batman & Robin:
Enjoyed them both. The good reviews are well deserved. I like that Bats and Joker actually discussed the 'why don't you kill me thing' (just for Spike in time for Valentine's Day) in an way that actually made it a taunt from the Joker. Joker's fear of knowledge of his 'old life' is also interesting and something that doesn't really get played up much. Overall I can see why it was a disappointment to someone who needed a gimmick ending, but I appreciated the story. A good arc, but I still think Court of Owls was better. B&R was more a filler issue but I liked the dreams and especially like how the relationship between Damien and Bruce has grown. Hopefully that isn't going to end badly anytime soon....

Uncanny #1:
Reveal was obvious, but it was still a good read. Bachalo drew a good issue. For some reason Cyclops' mask works really well in the 'revolution' imagery in the issue and shitty any time else.

WaTXM #25:
All caught up now, and I can see why folks didn't dig the circus stuff, but I still feel this book is pretty damn good. Really found the Savage Land class entertaining and I don't know if Quire's fate has already been determined in some other X-book I don't know about but I'm actually starting to like the little bastard. Extra class and roll call stuff at the end is the type of thing that really helps bring this book to the top.

Still need to catch up with Manhattan Projects, hopefully will do that soon.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
can we talk about how good fatale and the manhattan projects have become? they're really hitting their stride.

also, how is injustice good? doesn't even make sense.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You know, the worst part about this Greg Land blog is that I've read like 90% of these motherfucking comics.

Ed: I wish TTOB was here to chastise me for that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom