• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyStu

uncxf005cov.jpg

The X-Force costumes are pretty freakin' awesome.

Also, we need another male on the team. What is Deadpool doing?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pie and beans should repost his Greg land collage!

I might update it. I did up to Issue 3 I think. There was an issue recently where Tony had THAT FACE in almost every panel that a pal showed me on his iPad. He knew the reaction I would have.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I had some spare time so...

WOSAwEm.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive, Comic-GAF.

Pie and Beans

The Mandarin won. Gillens just playing a long-Hickman game before the big reveal, clearly.

HAWKEYE2012011_COV.jpg

HAWKEYE #11
MATT FRACTION (W) • DAVID AJA (A/C)
• THE breakout character of 2012… becomes the breakout character of 2013... as PIZZA DOG gets his own issue.
• Literally… the entire issue… it’s all from the dog’s point-of-view.
• Pizza Dog gets hired to solve a crime -- the grizzly murder that shocked Team Hawkguy -- and the only thing more shocking than THAT… is what happens the end of THIS.
• Seriously. This is not a joke! Even the coloring. Dog issue. We’re all gettin’ fired. PLEASE READ… “Pizza is my Business” …before it’s too late for us.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Marvel Solicits for May 2013 (Comic Book Resources)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You guys need to visit this blog more often.

Wow, I had no idea why people hated Greg Land so much but this is pretty damning lol.

I read Batman #17 yesterday and didn't really like it. It's like everything they built up in previous issues just...stopped. Whatever, Court of the Owls arc was much better.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Rich is reporting that these are the people takin over the GL books.

Joshua Hale Fialkov, Robert Vendetti, Justin Jordan and Keith Giffen.

I think fialkov and Jordan are locks. Vendetti is the writer on XO manowar so it would not suprise me.

Owzers

Dunno why people continue to think Red Lanterns and New Guardians are going away. Both sell and neither were solicited as final issues.

I didn't think they'd go away, just hoping. I can't see myself giving the green lantern books another shot, Johns stopped caring and Tomasi/Bedard weren't writing good books. Even if they have 4 new writers it's going to take terrific reviews and concepts to make me think this won't be an editorial driven crossover nightmare. Marvel thinks AvX was the best event they've had, i presume DC thinks Green Lantern's crossovers are the mold for the franchise.

Owzers

Are May solicits just for titles released in May? It seems odd to me that the second Hawkeye volume which includes issue 11 would be released the same month as issue 11. Plus Amazon has it as a July release.

I'm guessing it's advance solicited for June release, with amazon getting it later than the direct market like usual.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
probably to match with the stupid marvel now banner. i miss the purple, but i appreciate the consistency.

That makes sense. Makes me sad. I wish they had been able to stick with purple since they were very striking. They did handle the transition really cool tho with the blood/smashed tape.

frye

That makes sense. Makes me sad. I wish they had been able to stick with purple since they were very striking. They did handle the transition really cool tho with the blood/smashed tape.

I think it's just part of the motif; they'll probably switch up colours again in a few issues.

I noticed there releasing a collection with Geoff Johns run on Avengers. It could just be a coincidence but with him leaving Green Lantern I can't help but wonder if he's maybe planning to jump ship to Marvel because it's clear DC is a nightmare to work at right now.

I noticed there releasing a collection with Geoff Johns run on Avengers. It could just be a coincidence but with him leaving Green Lantern I can't help but wonder if he's maybe planning to jump ship to Marvel because it's clear DC is a nightmare to work at right now.

as much as that would be cool, he is DC's Chief Creative Officer, so i doubt he is leaving anytime soon.

LiQuid!

WTF is this shit?

The DC hate in these threads is strong.

DC hate? From a guy who buys about 20 DC books a month? Hardly. You guys are fucking deluded if you don't realize DC's Musical Creators has become a problem. Not even 2 years into the reboot and we've got a line-wide writer roulette on the ENTIRE Green Lantern line? I don't care if they get Morrison, Snyder, Lemire and God Al-fucking-mighty on those four books now, it's still going to be a jarring and too soon to start fucking with the creative on one of their most popular lines.

It's going to go like this, just like with most of their books, they're going to pull "hot" writers off of their highest selling books, because we, the comic fans, are fucking morons and we're going to buy anything with Batman or Green Lantern on it no matter who is writing it, and they're going to cycle their heavy hitters on a sequence of no-name books trying to get some of them to sell more than 18k copies because their sales now are trending downward, and the vast majority of their books sell low numbers.

I don't have time to take a full stock of my current DC pull, but I'm going to just take a rough guess that at LEAST half of the DC books that I'm reading don't have the same writer on it now than when I started buying it.

This isn't a new idea. I'm not a hater. We've been talking about this shit for months.

tim1138

Nevermind the fact he's still writing Justice League, JLA, Aquaman, and launching a new book with Doug Mahnke, he's also the Chief Creative Officer. Don't think he's going any where.

tim1138

DC hate? From a guy who buys about 20 DC books a month? Hardly. You guys are fucking deluded if you don't realize DC's Musical Creators has become a problem. Not even 2 years into the reboot and we've got a line-wide writer roulette on the ENTIRE Green Lantern line? I don't care if they get Morrison, Snyder, Lemire and God Al-fucking-mighty on those four books now, it's still going to be a jarring and too soon to start fucking with the creative on one of their most popular lines.

It's going to go like this, just like with most of their books, they're going to pull "hot" writers off of their highest selling books, because we, the comic fans, are fucking morons and we're going to buy anything with Batman or Green Lantern on it no matter who is writing it, and they're going to cycle their heavy hitters on a sequence of no-name books trying to get some of them to sell more than 18k copies because their sales now are trending downward, and the vast majority of their books sell low numbers.

I don't have time to take a full stock of my current DC pull, but I'm going to just take a rough guess that at LEAST half of the DC books that I'm reading don't have the same writer on it now than when I started buying it.

This isn't a new idea. I'm not a hater. We've been talking about this shit for months.

Wasn't talking about you specifically at all, just the general attitude of ComicsGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom