• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

error4041

Ladies and Gentleman. Just got Marvel Unlimited recently. Haven't read comics in a long time. Do I even bother at this point with starting with Marvel Now 1.0? Do I jump on All new all Marvel which I think is 2.0? So freaking confused. I want to get current at a semi decent point. Should I maybe bang out Secret Wars and go from there?

Thanks guys. Love the thread. I'm so out of the current limbo but love reading the comments about the latest stuff.

If you want to get caught up for Secret Empire:
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Avengers Stand-off
Captain America Steve Rogers
Civil War II (or read a wiki entry to save time)

mreddie

Ladies and Gentleman. Just got Marvel Unlimited recently. Haven't read comics in a long time. Do I even bother at this point with starting with Marvel Now 1.0? Do I jump on All new all Marvel which I think is 2.0? So freaking confused. I want to get current at a semi decent point. Should I maybe bang out Secret Wars and go from there?

Thanks guys. Love the thread. I'm so out of the current limbo but love reading the comments about the latest stuff.

Thor, God of Thunder
Deadpool
Young Avengers
Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers

are the standouts in the Now 1.0

Some of those books still connect to present era.

Sandfox

Marvel Now 1.0 is the beginning of Modern Marvel in a sense(though some would argue that it's Avengers Disassembled). That was back in 2012 though so if you want to catch up more quickly you can start with start with the post-Secret Wars universe.

You could also just pick the books of heroes and catch up on them.

The first Marvel NOW relaunch is a good place to start, but it really depends on what you're interested in. Are there any characters or teams you're interested in?

caliph95

If you want to get caught up for Secret Empire:
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Avengers Stand-off
Captain America Steve Rogers
Civil War II (or read a wiki entry to save time)

In fact don't bother with Civil War ii just read a synopsis you aren't missing much.

Owzers

After I finish pleasant hill on MU I'm going to avoid civil war 2 despite the hype for disasters and read some mockingbird. Pleasant hill is part of why I didn't resub to MU in the first place, just another mediocre cape crossover.

Sandfox

After I finish pleasant hill on MU I'm going to avoid civil war 2 despite the hype for disasters and read some mockingbird. Pleasant hill is part of why I didn't resub to MU in the first place, just another mediocre cape crossover.

I liked Standoff lol.

Oh my god Lost Girl is such trash. Cross-dimensional incest? Really?

I'm so close...so, so close...
giphy.gif
You did your best to keep it afloat, but selling one copy at a time just isn't enough.
I thought JLA Rebirth was just okay. Good enough to warrant checking out #1 but I didn't think there's anything special about it. Lobo grates, as expected. He's a bad fit.
The conversation with Choi sold Lobo as a good fit for the team as far as I'm concerned.
This cover!

giphy.gif

YES!
Some punk's about to get wrecked.
Yes.

Greg Land's Weapon X cover is really cool as well
Aaaaaaaaaaw boy
Sam vs Steve. Bout time
Sam is gonna get wrecked harder than he did with USAgent
I liked Standoff lol.
I liked it a lot, too. Especially the Illuminati issue.

Phamit

@jasonaaron

Know that I will miss writing Doc Weirdo. But I am insanely excited about everything that lies ahead for me at Marvel.

I wonder whats coming next from Aaron, Unworthy is finished next month and his strange run ends in May.

Next Marvel event, Odinson ongoing or a new Series?

caliph95

I wonder whats coming next from Aaron, Unworthy is finished next month and his strange run ends in May.

Next Marvel event, Odinson ongoing or a new Series?

If he is no longer unworthy i'm guessing another Thor book considering his thor is popular

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
List for today

Deathstroke #13
Detective Comics #951
Justice League Of America #1
Suicide Squad #12

Monstress #10

Amazing Spider-Man #24
Captain America Steve Rogers #12
Infamous Iron Man #5
Inhumans Vs X-Men #5
Thanos #4
Uncanny Avengers #20

tim1138

Dat Scottie Young timetable

Sex Crims solicited 3 months in a row. Maybe they do actually have issues banked. Also Annie Wu XXX.

Last year he did the Saga schedule, release an arc, take a break and release the trade, then do another arc.

What exactly is ICONS

http://www.newsarama.com/33236-valiant-s-big-2017-publishing-initiative-icons.html

"In 2016, Valiant successfully opened up many new frontiers of our universe with successful new properties like Divinity II, Britannia, Generation Zero, Savage, and more. Now, in 2017, our biggest and most iconic characters will be mounting a seismic return to the forefront of the Valiant Universe – beginning with the new X-O MANOWAR #1 by Matt Kindt and Tomas Giorello on March 22nd," says Hunter Gorinson, Valiant's VP of Marketing & Communications. "That series will begin the ICONS initiative in force and is just the first of many new titles of similarly huge scale and ambition for Valiant's most iconic characters that will follow throughout the year as we build toward the previously announced HARBINGER WARS 2 event in 2018.

Messi

Bruh that is way to long. For some many unfinished plot threads

Also I love how the old guard will have 3-4 issues while Lazarus is not in the solicits

They know you will wait.

Solicits mean nothing to Rucka. Lazarus is solicited but keeps getting delayed

So far the only marvel comics I pick up are Uncanny Avengers and She-Hulk. I think I might pick up the trade with the female thor. It looks interesting from the few pages that I've read.
So any must reads from Marvel?

Owzers

So far the only marvel comics I pick up are Uncanny Avengers and She-Hulk. I think I might pick up the trade with the female thor. It looks interesting from the few pages that I've read.
So any must reads from Marvel?
Gwenpool and black panther are my top two.

Top Bottom