• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

mreddie

It's basically at the same level as the other books that are ending and we have the "Make Mine Marvel" coming. It also seems like a lot of fans absolutely hate due to how she was conceived.

Oh come on, isn't she selling well enough to stay around?

Messi

Gwenpool is fine. Lots of nice merch with her on it. I'm sure digital sales are helping ect. Plus she's got the Deadpool thing.

How she was conceived? By being part of a Gwen variant month that people latched onto and they created a really cool character from?

tough to say. She's around the low 20K mark last I checked, but had a bunch of guest appearances over the last month or so.

Either she's more popular digitally than print sales suggest (which may actually be the case for a female centric character that skews younger) or they were trying to raise her profile.

tough to say either way.

VanWinkle

Only $35, too.

That's pretty expensive for 8 issues, though. :( Makes it especially hard considering BOOM isn't gets discounted 30% on IST. And BOOM's hardcovers have pretty inconsistent bindings. Lumberjane's was INSANELY tight, to the point it was hard to even separate pages enough to comfortably read.

That's pretty expensive for 8 issues, though. :( Makes it especially hard considering BOOM isn't gets discounted 30% on IST. And BOOM's hardcovers have pretty inconsistent bindings. Lumberjane's was INSANELY tight, to the point it was hard to even separate pages enough to comfortably read.

I would agree if Giant Days wasn't THE GREATEST COMIC ON THE PLANET EARTH. Possibly even the best comic in this entire quadrant of the Milky Way.

Messi

Nothing sells well enough to stay around. Even BOOM seems riddled with minis. Brave Chef Brianna? That looks cool. 4-ISSUE MINI! Oh, The Deep! This looks rad. 5-ISSUE MINI!

Boom starts with minis and extends to series if they get traction. See Goldie Vance.

Sandfox

She's basically selling the same amount as books like Silk and that probably won't be enough to last.
Gwenpool is fine. Lots of nice merch with her on it. I'm sure digital sales are helping ect. Plus she's got the Deadpool thing.

How she was conceived? By being part of a Gwen variant month that people latched onto and they created a really cool character from?

People hate that for whatever reason, probably because they never checked out her ongoing. I know retailers were saying that the last issue of Champions dropped off for them because Gwenpool was on the cover.

Waiting for someone to actually post the best marvel May cover

Here you go, posting again just for you.

92x4rVC.jpg

Yeah, Boom books are usually expensive but worth it for the paper quality! I think I own only one Boom HC, the Six-Gun Gorilla one.

Messi

Image: We're like TV. No really, you have to wait a season for another issue.

I like it that way. If done right (saga, deadly class) you get scheduled breaks and the artist can stay ahead and avoid fill ins ect. I hate fill ins for image books. The flipside is something like Lazarus which has had scheduled breaks and still has suffered massive delays.

Sandfox

Archie's pricing bothers me the most, especially since they never have sales and give the worst discounts.
I just wish pubs like Image and Boom would price digital collections in a way that made sense

It's frequently cheaper to buy the singles

Image doesn't bother to reduce the prices of their collections as prices on the singles drop like other companies. They probably want to catch people who aren't paying attention.

Weiss

Banned
Man am I glad I started buying Backstagers digitally because holy crap. If you're just gonna split the series into two trades why wait until after it's over to start collecting it?

Sandfox

What Boom and IDW books do you guys recommend?

Also, Apparently Zelda stuff is starting to leak so I may be laying low for a bit.

Messi

Also, Apparently Zelda stuff is starting to leak so I may be laying low for a bit.

Giant Days (this is their best book)
Goldie Vance
Lumberjanes until Stevenson leaves
Slam
Backstagers

Jem and the holograms
Locke and key
TMNT

Weiss

Banned

Backstagers is absolutely amazing.

Transformers More Than Meets The Eye is one of the best comics I've ever read.

error4041

Captain America Steve Rogers
Inhumans vs. X-Men
Thanos
Rocket Raccoon
Infamous Iron Man

Curse Words

Also going to start catching up on Deathstroke, and read the Captain Hydra issue of Deadpool.

rizzo0

Ladies and Gentleman. Just got Marvel Unlimited recently. Haven't read comics in a long time. Do I even bother at this point with starting with Marvel Now 1.0? Do I jump on All new all Marvel which I think is 2.0? So freaking confused. I want to get current at a semi decent point. Should I maybe bang out Secret Wars and go from there?

Thanks guys. Love the thread. I'm so out of the current limbo but love reading the comments about the latest stuff.

Top Bottom