• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem like a big week for anyone tbh

Dude, I spent like, $12 on comics today.

Uncanny X-Men #35
Prez #2
Grayson #10
Justice League 3001 #2

That's it. This must be how Kipp feels every day. Also, god dammit, looks like the Death Vigil litho got pushed back to August 5th.

But when I got home I FOUND SDCC BISHOUJO RED SHE-HULK-CHAN WAITING FOR ME OMFG AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE HER AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I spent too much on comics/manga in the last three days. I feel a bit ill. But at least I filled in a lot of stuff from my to-buy list.

(No floppies though).

Owzers

What about corn bread?

Not really. I tried baking my own once and it was OKAY and i off the novelty of Boston Market corn bread, too sweet.

I think i'm going to read the first issue of Hellboy library vol 1 tonight, tune in to see if i hate it. Also, i'm tired of thinking about statues and figures that are months to years from releasing, this is worse than video game waiting as i'm accustomed to that.

The sequel is an F2P MMO now.

E7DUEIH.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
My boss said she liked the idea of me continuing to write up sponsored posts and other offers like that (since that's the main part of my job currently) on my own time for a flat fee after I stopped working for her as a traditional employee. Just told her I believe $100 would be a fair fee (I gave good reasons for this). They usually take like an hour and a half to do, so if she says yes this could be sweeeet.
If I got 5 or so posts to write a week, I'd be making almost the same amount as before, but working WAY less hours (probably no more than 10 hours per week), and I wouldn't have to go into an office, and I could work whenever I wanted, and I wouldn't have to deal with the stress of my boss constantly asking me to do little tasks since I'd just be doing one task and that's it.
I told her she didn't have to give me an answer write away if she needed to think about it and she said "ok. I'll let you know"

*crossing fingers*

My boss said she liked the idea of me continuing to write up sponsored posts and other offers like that (since that's the main part of my job currently) on my own time for a flat fee after I stopped working for her as a traditional employee. Just told her I believe $100 would be a fair fee (I gave good reasons for this). They usually take like an hour and a half to do, so if she says yes this could be sweeeet.
If I got 5 or so posts to write a week, I'd be making almost the same amount as before, but working WAY less hours (probably no more than 10 hours per week), and I wouldn't have to go into an office, and I could work whenever I wanted, and I wouldn't have to deal with the stress of my boss constantly asking me to do little tasks since I'd just be doing one task and that's it.
I told her she didn't have to give me an answer write away if she needed to think about it and she said "ok. I'll let you know"

*crossing fingers*

I'll do it for 90. What's your boss's email?

Kipp

I'll do it for 90. What's your boss's email?

Ssshhhhhh.
But real talk, I'm expecting/hoping for $90. She's cheap, so there's no way she wouldn't try to bargain with me, which is fair enough.

Not to count my chickens before they hatch or anything, but if my boss agrees to this, between that and my new job and even if I quit my retail job, I'd be making gooood money. AND I wouldn't be working insane hours. Like, I'd probably be at 45 hours or so and would make around $10k more than I make now working 60 hours. :D

Chinner

Banned
sounds like the punisher ended on a whimper. not really a fan of edmonson's run so glad to see it end. started out pretty decent but soon became pretty repetitive.

oh well, see what happens next. i suppose the punisher will be a liberal peace activist in alll new marvel.

Kipp

If you wanted to get $100, you should have said $140.

I feel like with her, asking $100 is already pushing the limit. If I had asked anything over $100 she probably would've straight up said no. Plus I wouldn't have been able to justify $140 very well, but $100 was justifiable.

Not bad for $55. This book and other orders arriving next week means I need more shelves. Time for a Swedish Meatballs Ikea trip.

Woo! Nice. Such a great run/omnibus.

I feel like with her, asking $100 is already pushing the limit. If I had asked anything over $100 she probably would've straight up said no. Plus I wouldn't have been able to justify $140 very well, but $100 was justifiable.

That extra $40? Oh, that's the Kipp tax.

Mudcrab

sounds like the punisher ended on a whimper. not really a fan of edmonson's run so glad to see it end. started out pretty decent but soon became pretty repetitive.

oh well, see what happens next. i suppose the punisher will be a liberal peace activist in alll new marvel.

Don't worry we'll get more Ennis Punisher eventually.

I re read Batman RIP. Was even better the second time around.

Well...damn

*tries to plot way out of weekend plans*
haha Ill have the neogaf logo behind darkseid with a caption that reads
'kipp justifies my hate'

Give up? Retire?
"Start training, make a comeback!"

Would be nice if all the Luthor Strode books were collected in one big HC.
or like one of those artist editions. would buy a couple times

Kipp

I'm loving your new avatar, Ed! I'm pretty picky when it comes to non-Mignola Hellboy art, but you knocked it out of the park.

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention it, but I totally dig it too.
Do you have a higher resolution scan of it somewhere so I can take a better look at it?

Why are you trying get Kipp audited?

I'm actually going to be paying my taxes because I'm not about that avoiding-taxes-lifestyle, but my boss straight up told me during my interview how to avoid having to pay taxes due to how they were paying me. I was just like "Uuuuh okay thanks"

Hahahaha. Perfect.

when I crush your comics industry and comics are not read

know that they are not read with 14 billion eyes

when comics are not bought

know that they are not bought with 7 billion wallets

I'm loving your new avatar, Ed! I'm pretty picky when it comes to non-Mignola Hellboy art, but you knocked it out of the park.
Thanks bud. Im not terribly happy with the jaw/teeth but Im ok with it overall!

Mignola makes me want to totally change how I approach my work.

Toppi makes me reconsider my approach to drawing

Marcos Martin makes me feel silly for

This happens more often than Id like haha

I'm actually going to be paying my taxes because I'm not about that avoiding-taxes-lifestyle, but my boss straight up told me during my interview how to avoid having to pay taxes due to how they were paying me. I was just like "Uuuuh okay thanks"

Kipp stickin' to dat straight-and-narrow.

Kipp

Kipp stickin' to dat straight-and-narrow.

I'm frugal, but not so frugal that I won't pay my dues. Haha

It was just a quick sketch drawn at 600 x 720 I think

Im not sure why, but the reds and blacks in the image do not compress well when it was made in to an avatar

Besides the teeth and jaw which I'd have to agree are slightly off, that is absolutely BRILLIANT. Seriously amazing work, Ed. And that's saying a lot, since Mignola's Hellboy design is my favorite character design ever.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm going to go see Pokey LaFarge in San Francisco tonight and I'm super stoked about it! I've been trying to see him and his band live since I heard his set at the Newport Folk Festival in 2010, thanks to NPR's streaming of that festival every year. If you're into old-timey music, there isn't much better than this.

Unfortunately, this means no time for comics until Thursday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom