• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be the best most solid book each month.

That sentence confuses me...

It's good, don't get me wrong. Very solid. Art is great. The character interactions are exceptional. Story has some nice twists. Most importantly, it's fun. But, I'm not crazy about it.

Still, I'll follow it. Probably the best DC has to offer at the moment.

Messi

That sentence confuses me...

It's good, don't get me wrong. Very solid. Art is great. The character interactions are exceptional. Story has some nice twists. But, I'm not crazy about it.

Still, I'll follow it. Probably the best DC has to offer at the moment.

Harley is the best DC has right now.
Don't argue brah
. Grayson is great and you can count on it being great each month. Don't think I've ever not enjoyed an issue. Lovely art.

Grayson is a'ight

Good book.

Liked the stuff with
Luthor
this week.

Expressions can be weird sometimes tho

qwOyEwN.png

Harley is the best DC has right now.
Don't argue brah
. Grayson is great and you can count on it being great each month. Don't think I've ever not enjoyed an issue. Lovely art.

I'm not in the best position to argue anyway, I literally only read this now, Gotham Academy, and Batman.

Good book.

Liked the stuff with
Luthor
this week.

Expressions can be weird sometimes tho

qwOyEwN.png

Yes on the second and third statements.

styl3s

Nah, we don't need to fall into that trap where we're donating our hard earned money so billion dollar companies can make more money with less risk. Crowd funding is sketchy as hell.
Crowd funding is also a phenomenal thing that gives us products we wouldn't otherwise get.

Like everything else in the world you have to take the good with the bad. I would absolutely donate money towards a Hellboy 3 if that was the only way we were going to get it.

Zombine

Banned
Crowd funding is also a phenomenal thing that gives us products we wouldn't otherwise get.

Like everything else in the world you have to take the good with the bad. I would absolutely donate money towards a Hellboy 3 if that was the only way we were going to get it.

True, but it's definitely going to be made. Hellboy 3 August 2019.

All they need to do is amp up the angst enough to satisfy The Didio's aeternal hunger and they can make it at least until new years.

On the subject of "best book currently being published by DC," I'm gonna have to go with The Omega Men, which just gets better and better the more I turn it over in my head.

EDIT: Or maybe Action Comics. Not sure.

What exactly is an oversized comic? I keep reading that Vader Down will be "oversized", but I don't know what that means.

hey it's Matty!

Larger page size than floppies/TPBs. Usually comes bound in hardcover.

EDIT: errr just looked up Vader Down. It's going to have more pages than a regular single issue, probably 40 pages.

Owzers

What exactly is an oversized comic? I keep reading that Vader Down will be "oversized", but I don't know what that means.

more story pages than usual, typical marvel comics are 30 pages, 20 story and 10 ad, an oversized issue have more. I totally posted this before Launch edited.

Zombine

Banned
Serious question. Would I like that book? Should I buy it?

I went into this expecting nothing.

I have been laughing for the past like 5 minutes. It's god damn ridiculous. Their fucking faces and the jokes are subtle as hell. It's like a horror comedy that makes fun of various tropes in manga/anime/japanese creep culture.

MattyG

Banned
hey it's Matty!

Larger page size than floppies/TPBs. Usually comes bound in hardcover.

EDIT: errr just looked up Vader Down. It's going to have more pages than a regular single issue, probably 40 pages.

more story pages than usual, typical marvel comics are 30 pages, 20 story and 10 ad, an oversized issue have more. I totally posted this before Launch edited.
Ahhhh, okay. I couldn't tell if they mean the size of the page or the length of the book. Glad it's the length.

HI LAUNCH!

Alright guys, it's raining outside and my package with Wytches vol 1 is in the apartment office. Is it worth getting wet to go get it?

I can't get over the dialogue. I don't normally laugh at funny books but for some reason this hits me the right way. I love the faces they make.

I didn't laugh out loud a whole lot while I was reading, but I found the whole thing to be so amusing. I really like how overly serious the faces are sometimes.

The last few chapters I did laugh pretty hard though.

Marvel Zombies 2: best modok acronym ever. Gods, every word that exits Elsa's lips is gold.
Future imperfect 3 is merely ok-ish.
E for Extinction: anyone that sez that they saw that coming is a liar.

I went into this expecting nothing.

I have been laughing for the past like 5 minutes. It's god damn ridiculous. Their fucking faces and the jokes are subtle as hell. It's like a horror comedy that makes fun of various tropes in manga/anime/japanese creep culture.

It really is brilliant, and the artwork is a lot better than a good portion of the manga out there. If you're enjoying it now, you'll love some of the things that come later.

#TeamMeiko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom