• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a line though, especially when it's the actions of the creator more so than the views.

Like I can't imagine I will ever be able to watch the Cosby Show again.

Well, I think there are at least a couple different concepts at play here. There is the "Something that troubles me about the creator/work/etc. and can I still enjoy it personally knowing that?" and there's "Something troubling about the creator/work/etc. and is enjoying it an ethical issue?" with the latter having the added "Beyond just enjoying it, should I be willing to effectively support this creator/work/etc. by purchasing or even simply consuming the work?"

Brian Wood comics?

I don't read those because they're garbage. His being a piece of shit doesn't really have anything to do with his comics.

Local is still amazeballs, though.

JUN084143.jpg

So our boy Kot
aka filthy
got some heat for his vulture interview. Mostly people saying he was using diversity as fashion to promote and sell his own work. His response is pretty good I think (its on his twitter). Glad to see it turn like that instead of someone like Brian Wood who was seen as someone who worked to make the comics industry better for women and ended up getting creep like behavior exposed followed by his non apology.

I thought it was weird that he got the accusation of convenient progressive promotion, when he's always talked about this stuff. there's something to be said about people who use diversity to sell books but like... it's in his work and he talks about it all the time

ReAxion

Maybe during some light housekeeping.

Spray it all over you. In your mouth, too.

I thought it was weird that he got the accusation of convenient progressive promotion, when he's always talked about this stuff. there's something to be said about people who use diversity to sell books but like... it's in his work and he talks about it all the time

It's a mirror. The person making the accusations just showed up under the banner of progressive promotion to promote themselves.

White boy pushing diversity => "dude can't really b like that, come on, he prolly a shill"
Same way that male white feminists get accused of doing it for the vajayjay.

quite thecommon response.

Plus what ReXona said.

Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses #6

ENZ3kUw.gif

on the ales kot thing, sometimes I feel niggas just like starting fires so they can feel good about putting them out.

MattyG

Banned
So I used USPS shipping on instocktrades, but it took almost two weeks to get here. Ayone know how much faster the FedEx Shipping is? I think it's like $4?

Anyone have the Arkham knight skin code from the prequel comic hardcover they don't want?

Didn't even know the INC suit was in the game and its one of my absolute favorites.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Still waiting on that ComicGAF podcast with my fellow gaffers :D
That would be so rad. I haven't checked out every single podcast but of all my hobbies I'm finding it very difficult to find comic podcasts.

For Horror movies I can name four awesome podcasts right off the top of my head. Video games? Forget about it. Spooky stories? Plenty of content. It hasn't been so easy with my newest hobby.

As I said though, iFanboy is just amazing. You don't find chemistry and easy humor like that just anywhere.

In particular I was hoping to find a podcast that if not focused at least frequently discussed Horror comics. Nothing. Just nothing.

Edit: I'm almost all caught up on Baltimore! Should I buy a collection of Mind Mgmt or Faction's Hawkeye tonight?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man. Sleeper is so awesome. I'm liking this even more than Criminal so far.

Yeeeeeaaah comics!

So I used USPS shipping on instocktrades, but it took almost two weeks to get here. Ayone know how much faster the FedEx Shipping is? I think it's like $4?

FedEx is usually like 3-4 days, but it usually takes longer for IST to "pick" all your books than it does for it to get there.

Also, sometimes the FedEx upgrade is free or reduced price, but I don't know how to qualify for that.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wait, what ever happened to Velvet? Wasn't that everyone's favorite comic ever for a few months? And then it just kind of dropped off the face of the earth. Are new issues still coming out just nobody is talking about it? Or what's the deal?

Wait, what ever happened to Velvet? Wasn't that everyone's favorite comic ever for a few months? And then it just kind of dropped off the face of the earth. Are new issues still coming out just nobody is talking about it? Or what's the deal?

It's still a thing. I'm in the middle of the second trade (reads much, much better in trade) and it's great.

Messi

We are waiting for the next issue. It's still great but the last issue was 22/4 next one is 12/8. They took a break after the second arc ended.

Velvet is fucking dope. I caught up a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom