• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
FedEx is usually like 3-4 days, but it usually takes longer for IST to "pick" all your books than it does for it to get there.

Also, sometimes the FedEx upgrade is free or reduced price, but I don't know how to qualify for that.
Ok, thanks for the info. It did take a really long time for them to pick the books, but shipping was still a bit long. I'll definitely go with FedEx next time.

I think you need to buy $50 of books or more to get the upgrade for free (not positive though).

I think you need to buy $50 of books or more to get the upgrade for free (not positive though).

It's free shipping USPS when your order is more than $50, but for FedEx, I believe it's usually $4 when your order is over $50. However, I've had weird situations where it's $2 and on an order I made yesterday, the FedEx shipping was free. I'm not sure what criteria was used for that.

Oh and yeah, aside from the picking, media mail is the slowest USPS mailing speed and that's what they use. :(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It's still a thing. I'm in the middle of the second trade (reads much, much better in trade) and it's great.

We are waiting for the next issue. It's still great but the last issue was 22/4 next one is 12/8. They took a break after the second arc ended.

Ah, cool. Thanks guys.

Yeah it's really damn awesome. Velvet is just so badass. Gimme that OHC please.

This is the main reason I was wondering. I really want that OHC.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think its already possible to thin out my Secret Wars Tie-Ins Order. I think ice heart enough from
You to make a good decision which books are worth buying.

It's free shipping USPS when your order is more than $50, but for FedEx, I believe it's usually $4 when your order is over $50. However, I've had weird situations where it's $2 and on an order I made yesterday, the FedEx shipping was free. I'm not sure what criteria was used for that.

Oh and yeah, aside from the picking, media mail is the slowest USPS mailing speed and that's what they use. :(

I believe that it is based on the size and/or weight of the package. Generally I've had free FedEx shipping offered when I have ordered either a ton of things or very large things. In some cases I've actually selected USPS (Because they will always deliver to my place even if I'm not here and, if not, the Post Office is close) and they shipped it FedEx anyway.

I believe that it is based on the size and/or weight of the package. Generally I've had free FedEx shipping offered when I have ordered either a ton of things or very large things. In some cases I've actually selected USPS (Because they will always deliver to my place even if I'm not here and, if not, the Post Office is close) and they shipped it FedEx anyway.

That was my working theory. The ones with reduced price FedEx have been larger (~$100) TPB orders, but the one yesterday was all library editions.

Sucks that they shipped it FedEx anyway even though you asked for USPS.

Owzers

SW Old Man Logan #3
This thing is a re-tread of the OG miniseries...

nah you guys aren't going to start besmirching one of the only two Secret Wars tie-ins i've pre-ordered when the hype started here. Do i have to read issues #1 and 2 myself instead of Hellboy tonight?

Yes, i do. Judgement day has arrived.

That was my working theory. The ones with reduced price FedEx have been larger (~$100) TPB orders, but the one yesterday was all library editions.

Sucks that they shipped it FedEx anyway even though you asked for USPS.

Well, I assume it's cheaper for them to do it that way past a certain point. Not ideal, but whatever.

Yousefb

Are you new friend? I don't have you on a list yet.
I suppose I'm new to the comics OT yeah. I recently got into collecting comics and I tend to create new threads whenever I need ComicGAF's help. Then I realized there's a whole community dedicated to it here so I might as well join in on the fun!

Messi

wait, there's more than one list?

Yes, don't worry you are already on a list

I suppose I'm new to the comics OT yeah. I recently got into collecting comics and I tend to create new threads whenever I need ComicGAF's help. Then I realized there's a whole community dedicated to it here so I might as well join in on the fun!

Welcome then.

Have you heard the good word about Stjepan Sejics New York Times best Seller : Sunstone?

Messi

I'm going to hope it's the "likes Sunstone so he must be a pretty cool guy" list.

giphy.gif

Owzers

There is a list with you on it. It is in the trash where it belongs.

Because the list was completed for full credit and is no longer needed. I'm finally done.

I can make lists too you know. I make them all the time to remember things. Usually comic book pre-orders and subscription ending dates for MU/PSN/gamefly....but it could be with people.

Also, my dvr erased the first four episodes of iZombie so i'm bummed :/

It was a thing we were gonna do together a few months ago, Corio.

Well, i got a mic and, unlike certain peoples, am never confused for a teenage kid. Juz gotta say when.

Eagerly await the first, filled to the brim with ummms and ahmms. Comigaf podcast talking about the raddest mangas? Sure, why not.

Afrodium

Banned
SW Old Man Logan #3
This thing is a re-tread of the OG miniseries...

At this point it's pretty clear that every issue is just going to be Logan landing in a new part of Battleworld, getting confused, causing trouble, and then entering a new part of Battleworld for a cliffhanger.

I don't have a real mic, just the one in the standard Apple earbuds. which probably sounds like shit. so sorry, but you're all just gonna have miss out on the great content i'd bring to the show

Just got back up to date on The Adventures of Dr. McNinja. You've gotta admire the sheer dedication to weirdness the author has. Absolute madness, every page. Whether it's dinosaur-riding bandits/paleontoligists, Presidents riding around in giant dinosaur mechs, Ghost Wizards bound to Dracula... the ride just doesn't end.

never came together, like the Hawkeye reading club, the nsfw kipp/slug pics, Grant Morrison's Spider-Man OGN, and Detox
Don't lump me with those lies. I will make this as soon as more people tell me when they want me to do it!! I suggested next month and some of you guys were all for it, and when I brought it up last night it seems like quite a few people want me to wait for more releases... Just tell me what you guys as a group would prefer because I will 100% serious :(
Not cats? Disappointed.
what's so ban-worthy about an image of a cool character from a cool videogame, eh

MvC2 is that game

But Gambit is definitely NOT that dude

Yousefb

At this point it's pretty clear that every issue is just going to be Logan landing in a new part of Battleworld, getting confused, causing trouble, and then entering a new part of Battleworld for a cliffhanger.
Yeah looks like it. Im just expecting good action sequences and a fun light read in this. My hope is the actual ANAD series will be a ltitle more substantial.

Owzers

Old Man Logan #1 was okay but definitely something that i should have waited for MU to read.
Logan breaks up a Daredevil gang poker game to shut down some illicit activity, frees some people, finds an Ultron head, goes home, goes to the old Avengers hangout to talk to Emma where who cares what happens and it involves a wasted page of random punisher people action, talk is over and he heads for the wall
It's like a rundown of things to get through to close an issue. Random 5/10 with a bonus random point for art.

Had a dream I, hadn't made it
Now there's nothing dragging down me, yeah
Cause a girl gonna push it all out the way
Destined to break in, I found my way, yeah
Now I'm made, nobody gonna take it
'Cause a girl gonna push 'em all out the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom