• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archer & Armstrong is good, like really friggin' good. It didn't click with me at first, but I feel like it just kept going up from the first issue. All these ridiculous conspiracy and occult situations lead to some really hilarious moments and character interactions. I could read about these two bozos all damn day and not get bored.

Here you go friend:
QOfwGXp.jpg

HTS177_2_l.jpg

Wraith has some wonderfully stellar writing. Legit surprised. Thanks to whoever brought it up, absolutely adoring it.

Damn, if IDW has more titles this good, backlog is about to become even hugerer.

Fun Fact: Timm got himself in trouble drawing DC characters in the buff in his one art book. They were forced to alter the book to remove the sketches and now the original goes for big bucks.
Fun fact: I have that book. But mine doesn't have nude DC characters but they were racy. And it goes for over $100 or so.

Oh man. Sleeper is so awesome. I'm liking this even more than Criminal so far.

Yeeeeeaaah comics!
I love sleeper a lot. This is the book where Brubaker started to form his successful formula that he's used in criminal, velvet, etc.

Archer & Armstrong is good, like really friggin' good. It didn't click with me at first, but I feel like it just kept going up from the first issue. All these ridiculous conspiracy and occult situations lead to some really hilarious moments and character interactions. I could read about these two bozos all damn day and not get bored.

My favorite Valiant series. It's the spiritual successor to Incredible Herc!

Fun fact: I have that book. But mine doesn't have nude DC characters but they were racy. And it goes for over $100 or so.

You can still get the book, but the current edition is referred to as the Pocket Edition and has fewer pages than the one that caused all the fuss.

My favorite Valiant series. It's the spiritual successor to Incredible Herc!

My current favorite is Ivar, also by Van Lente
time-travel hijinks > everything else
, but A&A is soo damn good. Wish I had more to read at the moment.

I'm going to have to add Herc to my list. This guy really knows how to write fun comics.

My current favorite is Ivar, also by Van Lente
time-travel hijinks > everything else
, but A&A is soo damn good. Wish I had more to read at the moment.

I'm going to have to add Herc to my list. This guy really knows how to write fun comics.
Incredible Herc was so awesome. I was a hulk regular reader, just went through the crushing disappointment of World Wide Hulk and then told Hulk is replaced by Hulk? I stuck with and was treated to amazing fun every issue.

Incredible Herc was so awesome. I was a hulk regular reader, just went through the crushing disappointment of World Wide Hulk and then told Hulk is replaced by Hulk? I stuck with and was treated to amazing fun every issue.

wow even Clayton Henry was involved with that series. Glad they came over to Valiant together.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't know, I thought AoD vs MZ was enjoyable and Dead Days provided a backstory. Too bad zombie viruses move too fast, I really want to see the process of how it spreads.

Owzers

I don't know, I thought AoD vs MZ was enjoyable and Dead Days provided a backstory. Too bad zombie viruses move too fast, I really want to see the process of how it spreads.

Marvel Zombies 3 by Van Lente and Kev Walker featuring Machine Man is a solid read and i definitely recommend it. Check it out on MU parhaps.

PsychBat!

Banned
Don't zombies die when the brain is destroyed? Isn't Mysterio at a massive disadvantage here?

For some reason (it's never really explained in great detail), the type of virus the heroes were infected with allows them to survive mutilation and extreme physical injury, even surviving half a brain missing. The brain has to be completely severed from the head or the zombie ain't dead.
But Mysterio is fucked.

Yousefb

So are we expecting good things out of Jeff Lemiere on Xmen (and Old Logan)? I haven't read any of his previous work. Curious how his Hawkeye compared to Fraction's.

ElNarez

Banned
So are we expecting good things out of Jeff Lemiere on Xmen (and Old Logan)? I haven't read any of his previous work. Curious how his Hawkeye compared to Fraction's.

Closest available comparison to X-Men is his Justice League United run, which was decent if pretty safe.

His Hawkeye, however? Baaaaaaad. Like, not even "bad when compared to the GAME CHANGING Aja-Eliopoulos-Fraction-Francavilla-Hollingsworth-Pulido-Wu run", just "I see your ideas and what you're trying to bring up but while this looks clever as all hell thanks to the two distinct coloring styles of Herring and Pérez, your writing is incredibly ham-fisted and all kinds of predictable, and lacks the authorial voice or the heart of the previous run" bad

Closest available comparison to X-Men is his Justice League United run, which was decent if pretty safe.

His Hawkeye, however? Baaaaaaad. Like, not even "bad when compared to the GAME CHANGING Aja-Eliopoulos-Fraction-Francavilla-Hollingsworth-Pulido-Wu run", just "I see your ideas and what you're trying to bring up but while this looks clever as all hell thanks to the two distinct coloring styles of Herring and Pérez, your writing is incredibly ham-fisted and all kinds of predictable, and lacks the authorial voice or the heart of the previous run" bad

Yeah. Honestly think it was a real mistake to put him on Hawkeye coming off of Green Arrow; dude just told an archer story, you can tell his heart isn't in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom